PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Fw190

equinox5alpha
Jul-21-2014, 12:04
Deadly indeed when in your six....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfOtoigLOY

Still a long way to go for me, dogfighting against Fw is not getting any better. The hardest thing is to spot it; usually I see it but in my six so too late :)

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-21-2014, 12:26
If you're doing the 1v1 pre-made duel mission it's pretty tough. You start off very close to the 190, with your rads on auto and your gyro sight not set to the harmonised range. You're better off editing the .miz file so you start further back which gives you a chance to get your rads fully open, gun sight ready and your engine settings ready for combat - I usually fly at around 2750 RPM and 50" during dogfighting which you can keep up for a good while once your rads are fully open. If rads are still on auto those settings will red line the engine pretty quickly - especially if you're doing vertical climbs which starve the engine of airflow as the rads just won't open up quickly enough to adjust.

The AI 190 is a pretty tough opponent - you need to keep your energy up when fighting him or he'll be forever climbing up and away from you. If nothing else fighting the AI will help you improve getting more out of the plane.

implicit A
Jul-21-2014, 13:18
Hi

I've bought P51-D yesterday. she's SO GREAT ! so exciting!
everything ok for me from start up to landing in full real but ..

do you open rad iwith a key to force it quicly or do you do it with mouse click ?
thanks for that tips :
"usually fly at around 2750 RPM and 50" during dogfighting which you can keep up for a good while once your rads are fully open"

can't wait for DCS SPIT IX now. Does anybody knows when it will be release ?

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-21-2014, 14:10
You need to hold down the oil and water radiator switches for a while to get them fully open. I think it takes nearly 15 seconds to go from fully closed to open. You can easily observe by switching to the external view when on the ground to see them working.

I have them set on my hotas but you can use the mouse too - just click the switch to the right to open and hold down the left mouse button. You can move the mouse away and look around if you want while holding the LMB down. Once you release the LMB the radiator switch will go back to the centre. If you want to close it a bit you can click the switch to the left. During normal flying around it should be fine to leave on auto and run on max continuous if you want.

Chuck_Owl
Jul-22-2014, 04:51
Hi

I've bought P51-D yesterday. she's SO GREAT ! so exciting!
everything ok for me from start up to landing in full real but ..

do you open rad iwith a key to force it quicly or do you do it with mouse click ?
thanks for that tips :
"usually fly at around 2750 RPM and 50" during dogfighting which you can keep up for a good while once your rads are fully open"

Not before Christmas, and that's a pretty optimistic estimate...

My guess would be Q1-Q2 2015?

equinox5alpha
Jul-22-2014, 06:26

Fw190 is coming this august, and already available for pre-purchase.
I hope we'll see a P-47D and 109 soon enough

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-22-2014, 08:16
The schedule that ED have put out (subject to change of course) is:

190 D-9 - Aug 5th
109 K-4 - Oct
Spit IX - Dec
P47 - Mar

Things usually slip with ED though so we'll see. I think the Spit IX might be relatively ok though - uses the same engine basically as the P51-D and they have access to pilots who fly the Spit.

equinox5alpha
Jul-22-2014, 12:50
Getting a bit better at it but not there yet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrNUYEGcBrE