PDA

View Full Version : thread on roll rates

gavagai
Jul-22-2014, 11:39
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/7670-roll-rates-bos/

Seems like there is a lot of data out there for roll rates, and they are way too high in BoS (which I and others have been saying since we saw the first youtube teaser video of the LagG-3). Yes, it's a WIP, but from what I have read no actual work has been done to adjust roll rates, so roll rates are a WIP in-name-only.

I am curious to see where that thread will go, if anywhere.

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-22-2014, 11:45
Interesting. Has anyone in the community measured the roll rates in BoS for various altitudes and speeds?

ATAG_Colander
Jul-22-2014, 11:46
You'll have to roll with it :)

III./ZG76_Saipan
Jul-22-2014, 12:18
You'll have to roll with it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXDo4dL7SU

Mudcat
Jul-22-2014, 12:51
I was more expecting this to be the video

http://youtu.be/cL9KUt5aNZo

Mudcat
Jul-22-2014, 13:07
To try and get back on topic, with the roll rates I wonder if it is the same sorta thing as they had said with the 109's rudder, they'd basically have to re-do the whole thing, which to their credit, they said they'd do, after they finished up the other stuff. If they do or not is something I guess we'll see about.

Personally it doesn't bother me too much, I know it's not done, and well, it's not like one or two planes roll way to fast and others are perfectly fine, seems like they all do, so it's not like an advantage for certain planes.

Game is shaping up to be pretty fun and that's all I really care about, If I need everything to be as close to reality as possible I'll just wait for some more ww2 birds to start appearing in DCS.

gavagai
Jul-22-2014, 13:44
Personally it doesn't bother me too much, I know it's not done, and well, it's not like one or two planes roll way to fast and others are perfectly fine, seems like they all do, so it's not like an advantage for certain planes.

An advantage is precisely the issue. Some aircraft like the Fw 190 should have an advantage in the roll axis, but this way they won't. Accurately simulating the combat tactics of the Fw 190 will not be possible until the roll rates are addressed.

Mudcat
Jul-22-2014, 14:46
An advantage is precisely the issue. Some aircraft like the Fw 190 should have an advantage in the roll axis, but this way they won't. Accurately simulating the combat tactics of the Fw 190 will not be possible until the roll rates are addressed.

well minus the fact that the 190 isn't even out yet, saying it won't have that advantage is basically just guessing that for some reason, even though everything else has an inflated roll rate that the 190 somehow won't? How about we wait until it's actually available before we make assumptions about lost advantages.

Tycoon
Jul-24-2014, 10:36
Yes unfortunately its pretty obvious that the roll rates are too fast, though as far as there being a lot of data on roll rates I have yet to see an official one for the lagg 3.

gavagai
Jul-24-2014, 13:40
The thread at the official forums seems to have died quietly.:doh:

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-24-2014, 13:51
I have a feeling it'll get bumped tomorrow with the release of the FW-190...