PDA

View Full Version : Team Fusion Update - July 25th 2014 - Tiger Moth

Mysticpuma
Jul-25-2014, 10:32
Hello as always on a Friday when most people are out enjoying the sun....and a member of Team Fusion sits in his cupboard under the stairs (without Harry Potter to help!) typing away, without air conditioning to bring news to the Cliffs of Dover fans about some of our latest work in progress :)

First things first, yes work continues as it always has, but this is the Summer and members of team Fusion will be taking time away for much needed holiday (apologies America...vacations ;) ) so projects and other work have slowed down a little, but they do still continue.

So behind the scenes various work projects continue including new aircraft variants and new aircraft. This is all that is being done on the model front as new ground vehicles are being worked on and others considered for the new theatre that is being prepared. This is very time consuming and as I mention every time and will do for the foreseeable updates Team Fusion really needs 3D modellers to join us to help build the future of the updates. There is a large area to fill with new vehicles, features, buildings, aircraft, cockpits....etc, etc, so if you have the skills to work with 3D modelling software please read the following thread and get in touch:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11129

This is a community based project and your help could make the difference in our future progress :)

It's been really impressive watching what some of our guys are doing behind the scenes and the following video shows maybe 1% of the work that is underway and being worked on. Each person has their own special field but we work together to increase the Team knowledge and this then produces the WiP you see in the following video. Hope it gives you a small insight into just how detailed the effort is behind the scenes...and there is so much more that I can't share with you yet...but that's what the updates are for :)

I'd also like to add that work continues on an Auto-Updater so there will no longer be confusion about update installs and reverting to previous patches. The intention is the updater will see the version you have and update only the files needed for the next version to work. This isn't easy by a long way and it is in the hands of a couple of our team, but the intention is (though no pormises) it will be ready in time for the next big update :)

One final point. There have been questions about when this is due. Seriously, how long is a piece of string! This isn't fast work, it isn't easy and it is all done by a group of guys in their spare time. We all have 'real' jobs and unlike a team who get paid to sit in a studio/office and work solely on one game, we just don't have that luxury. It will happen when it happens and be sure you will read about it when the time is near.

So, the following shows current work in progress on the Tiger Moth, one of many features to be added as work progresses. Cheers, MP/TF

https://vimeo.com/101716665

https://vimeo.com/101716665

LBR=H.Ostermann
Jul-25-2014, 11:14
S!

Nice TF!

:D

DUI
Jul-25-2014, 11:24
A gun and bomb armed Tiger Moth!!! :stunned:

For sure this will become my most preferred red fighter plane to fly AND to shoot down. Amazing content, thanks a lot!

About additional 3D modellers: Might it be an idea to post a support request in some 3D modelling forums? Probably, it is not very likely to recruit many new CloD pilots but I would expect that there are (non-professional) modellers who are interested in WW2 and would like to see their own model in a pc game. If you want to I can investigate and make such an attempt in some German 3D modelling forums.

ATAG_Lewis
Jul-25-2014, 11:26
Wow....Amazed yet again...So good...

Thanks for this update fellas....It is brilliant...

Mysticpuma
Jul-25-2014, 11:47

For sure this will become my most preferred red fighter plane to fly AND to shoot down. Amazing content, thanks a lot!

About additional 3D modellers: Might it be an idea to post a support request in some 3D modelling forums? Probably, it is not very likely to recruit many new CloD pilots but I would expect that there are (non-professional) modellers who are interested in WW2 and would like to see their own model in a pc game. If you want to I can investigate and make such an attempt in some German 3D modelling forums.

Hi DUI, that would be very much appreciated. There is a huge amount of 3D work to be done and any help would be appreciated in finding new and talented guys who can help :)

Cheers, MP

ChiefRedCloud
Jul-25-2014, 12:03
Thanks MP and TF ...

Chief

ATAG_Freya
Jul-25-2014, 12:05
OMG gun on a Tiger Moth! AND BOMBS!! I was flying this beauty last night (off line) dreaming of just this. Happiest day of my life. Should open some new possibilities for the creative mission buiders out there! TF you rock! :salute:

1lokos
Jul-25-2014, 12:12
A nice detail. :)

Thank you for the work. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

VO101_Tom
Jul-25-2014, 12:31
Here is a short article on Flightglobal.com, additional info about this development of Armed Tiger Moth.

10686 10685

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1933/1933%20-%200815.html
http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1933/1933%20-%200816.html

:salute:

ATAG_Lolsav
Jul-25-2014, 12:54
A Tiger Moth with guns and bombs... hmm the future scenario becomes more obvious? :dthumb:

[URU]Fox
Jul-25-2014, 13:11
Awesome. Really keeping the dream alive guys.

ATAG_Septic
Jul-25-2014, 13:21
It's fantastic to see animated models like this imported and working, I really like how the magazines disappear with use!

Spiffing show Team Fusion!

Septic.:salute:

P.S. I've googled "learn 3d modelling" again but it boggles my mind.

ATAG_Bliss
Jul-25-2014, 13:50
Great update as usual, MP. :salute:

That is going to be fun to fly :D

dburne
Jul-25-2014, 22:25
Yes indeed, looking great - thanks for the update!!

ATAG_Torian
Jul-26-2014, 00:57
This is the only plane I have never flown. That's gonna change. Low swoops on enemy columns gonna be serious fun in this. Maybe some DFs with CR42s. Awsome. Thank u TF.

Skoshi_Tiger
Jul-26-2014, 01:15
Looking really nice fella's!

Thanks for the update

implicit A
Jul-26-2014, 03:15
Great stuff tf !
Nice and sweet.
Does one of tf team working on a spit V or IX ?

ATAG_Jeepy
Jul-26-2014, 03:32
:stunned:
Great add. on red side!

No way You Blue can find us in this one!
Pretty shure its invisible on radar..:)
Map builders, pls if wind added, let it B tailwind:D

THX TF & Mysticpuma!
:salute:

Topgum
Jul-26-2014, 07:03
Super! Can't wait 4 DF in it with CR.42! Huge THXs!
TG

Sandy1942
Jul-26-2014, 09:42
Good news! Now the reds will have more assault planes.

ATAG_Dave
Jul-26-2014, 10:36
Brilliant stuff as ever :thumbsup: Ive been lucky enough to fly a Tiger Moth in real life and fell in love with it so this will finally get me out of my spitfire for a change :)

DeXaÏ_☨
Jul-27-2014, 04:33
It looks great !

I got traumatized by the Tiger Moth after I tried to play the un-patched game tutorial a long time ago.

But it sure looks better now ;)

This nice animation for the reloading of the gun could also be very useful on the Blenny.

ATAG_Naz
Jul-27-2014, 05:00
You blokes are dead set magicians.

Love it.

:thumbsup::salute::salute::thumbsup:

GerritJ9
Jul-27-2014, 05:54
I know that Tiger Moths were used as light bombers by the MVAF in Malaya and Singapore, as well as for anti-submarine patrols early in the war, but adding a gun armament is new to me. Still, it does seem a logical thing to do during the 1940 invasion scare when ANY weapon, however unlikely, would have been used in case of an actual landing by German troops.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-27-2014, 17:19
Does one of tf team working on a spit V or IX ?

There are a number of modern (WWII modern) fighters being worked on for TF 5.0... we are not going to talk about them now.

We showed the Tiger Moth just because the work is generally completed... it was a small project, one which didn't take much time, and which our guys used to practice and refine certain techniques.

It is not the focus of TF 5.0.

Still we think it will be a worthwhile and fun addition to the game. Tiger Moths were armed and ready to be used in the event of a German invasion... as someone else mentioned, they were also used during the invasion of Malaya and the fall of Singapore as reconnaissance aircraft and light bombers.

PS: The natural adversary of the CR42 is the Gladiator. The Tiger Moth would be no match for a CR42.

Mrmaverick
Jul-28-2014, 07:04
Nice!

Don't suppose those bombs could find their way into the empty bomb slots in the blemie could they? Please:-)

heinkill
Jul-28-2014, 13:09
... it was a small project, one which didn't take much time, and which our guys used to practice and refine certain techniques. It is not the focus of TF 5.0.

This is brilliant!

As such, is there any chance that TF would reconsider and release this aircraft separately from TFMod 5?

Releasing smaller (but compelling) things like this, and the Welly, would keep players interested in the title, while waiting for the big update to come with TF 5, encourages online and offline mission builders, and lessens the risk players will lose interest in CoD and move on, in the long wait between 4.3 and 5. It also keeps your mod team alive and engaged, when they see their work published, and can enjoy the thanks and praise of the community.

One of the mistakes we made/debates we had in the BoB Developers Group was that it took us about a year between major mod updates, due both to the small size of the mod team, and a policy of only making major updates. That meant a lot of work which could have been released, was delayed for the 'big annual patch'. In the meantime, the number of players playing BOB2 dwindled and sure enough, the number of downloads decreased with each patch. As your player base dwindles, it becomes harder and harder to attract talent to your mod team, so it is a self defeating cycle.

I don't speak for the whole BDG in any sense, but in hindsight we might have done it differently, releasing smaller sound and graphic mods, or new flyables separately, but more frequently, and keeping most of the big bug fixes and improvements, for the major yearly patch.

You will have more than enough bug fixes and content for TF 5.0 if you just came with a new theatre and relevant objects for it. You could then release smaller sound, graphic and individual flyables separately in the meantime to keep interest alive until then. Keeping up a solid news flow, ideally by releasing meaningful new content, is a powerful tool for keeping your community alive.

For your consideration... I just hate to see others make the same mistakes I/we made and I can't help feeling you are going down the same (wrong) road.

H

nacy
Jul-28-2014, 13:47
oui mais non!!!yes but not.!!!:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11650&page=2

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/18/08/15/97/puma110.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=445&u=18081597)

implicit A
Jul-28-2014, 14:04
There are a number of modern (WWII modern) fighters being worked on for TF 5.0... we are not going to talk about them now.

:satisfied::kiss::ilike::dthumb::clap::whacky::wha cky4:

thanks for that and ALL that Wip.
Making our dream reallity....
dreams will be a great time but TF 5 Release Day will be like the D- DAY !!!

JG4_sKylon
Jul-28-2014, 14:30

But please tell us some weeks in advance when 5.0 will be released so i can plan my holidays.

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Jul-28-2014, 14:43
Nice!

Don't suppose those bombs could find their way into the empty bomb slots in the blemie could they? Please:-)

There is already a solution for the empty bomb slots for the Blenheim, which Mysticpuma will show you in some upcoming update. :salute:

Mrmaverick
Jul-28-2014, 19:18
There is already a solution for the empty bomb slots for the Blenheim, which Mysticpuma will show you in some upcoming update. :salute:

EXCELLENT:skydive:

Osprey
Jul-29-2014, 08:57

Totally agree, please go for English forums too!

Another place would be to try and drum up interest in the World of Tanks game type places. With drivable vehicles then it could be possible to attract in the ground people in order to extend faster. And what about those modelling stuff for in 1946?

Also, clearly experienced people are wanted but what about some basic training for people willing to learn? A lot of these objects are going to be more basic that others, take the bombs and the rack for instance, or larger objects such as houses for a theatre, and extension of objects for the existing theatre (eg the unique hanger which Gravesend had, or other landmarks). I am suggesting that if the longevity for COD is serious then somebody who starts 3D modelling now may well be making new aircraft for COD in a year or two - it's an investment.

Finally, new theatre = new name? We can't go on calling it Cliffs of Dover forever! Especially if one were to extend into the regions of drivable vehicles.

PS, Awesome update :) Looks great fun!

Osprey
Jul-29-2014, 09:24
This is brilliant!

As such, is there any chance that TF would reconsider and release this aircraft separately from TFMod 5?

Releasing smaller (but compelling) things like this, and the Welly, would keep players interested in the title, while waiting for the big update to come with TF 5, encourages online and offline mission builders, and lessens the risk players will lose interest in CoD and move on, in the long wait between 4.3 and 5. It also keeps your mod team alive and engaged, when they see their work published, and can enjoy the thanks and praise of the community.

One of the mistakes we made/debates we had in the BoB Developers Group was that it took us about a year between major mod updates, due both to the small size of the mod team, and a policy of only making major updates. That meant a lot of work which could have been released, was delayed for the 'big annual patch'. In the meantime, the number of players playing BOB2 dwindled and sure enough, the number of downloads decreased with each patch. As your player base dwindles, it becomes harder and harder to attract talent to your mod team, so it is a self defeating cycle.

I don't speak for the whole BDG in any sense, but in hindsight we might have done it differently, releasing smaller sound and graphic mods, or new flyables separately, but more frequently, and keeping most of the big bug fixes and improvements, for the major yearly patch.

You will have more than enough bug fixes and content for TF 5.0 if you just came with a new theatre and relevant objects for it. You could then release smaller sound, graphic and individual flyables separately in the meantime to keep interest alive until then. Keeping up a solid news flow, ideally by releasing meaningful new content, is a powerful tool for keeping your community alive.

For your consideration... I just hate to see others make the same mistakes I/we made and I can't help feeling you are going down the same (wrong) road.

H

As a strategy it's a big +1 here.

I guess there is the danger of complexity of updates from vanilla and an auto-updater would be an important thing to introduce first.

Blitzen
Aug-02-2014, 12:48
Hope we get these kites soon ...the Hun is on his way & should be here in a day or two:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2014-02-04_00001_zps0374f3e1.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/2014-02-04_00001_zps0374f3e1.jpg.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/2014-02-04_00002_zpsed6cb6f7.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/2014-02-04_00002_zpsed6cb6f7.jpg.html)
He's ready ...we should be too,,,he's a nasty piece of business:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/wmplayer2014-07-3108-28-40-49_edited-1_zps7555864a.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/jamesdietz/media/wmplayer2014-07-3108-28-40-49_edited-1_zps7555864a.jpg.html)

Stab/JG1_Klaiber
Aug-04-2014, 10:09
Hi All,

The Tiger Moth updates look great!

A few of us at JG1 were wondering whether the Tiger Moth would gain it's anti-spin strakes when outfitted to carry bombs in Cliffs?

http://forum.jg1.org/index.php?showtopic=2405&p=11754

After the fall of France, the British evaluated all available aircraft for their combat potential. I don't know about the Lewis gun, but the Tiger Moth was evaluated for carrying bombs. Tests showed bomb laden Moths had poor spin recovery, so anti-spin strakes were added to the fuselage sides and integrated into the horizontal tail. The video's moth for all its bombs and guns doesn't have the strakes. See the photo below for what the strakes look like.

You can also see the strakes here on this Wikipedia picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Tiger_Moth#mediaviewer/File:RMM_Brussel_Tiger_Moth.JPG

Thanks!

VO101_Tom
Aug-04-2014, 14:05
Hi Klaiber.

Good observation! :salute:
I did not noticed that the anti-spin strakes is installed, despite it clearly see on this picture:

We will add this. Thanks.

Osprey
Aug-06-2014, 06:01
Marvellous. Now here's a test for TF. Fly the bomb laden Tiger as old non-straked version and as new version and see if the former is prone to spin. :)

DUI
Aug-08-2014, 11:35

A short status update beginning with the good news: Two weeks ago I posted the request for new modellers in the two German 3D modelling forums 3d-board.de (http://www.3d-board.de/34-caf/29677-modeller-f-r-flugsimulations-moddingprojekt-gesucht/?58e4dc1e) and 3d-ring.de (http://www.3d-ring.de/3d/forum.php?post_id=17293#adddiv).
The not so good news: The threads got about 50 views each but did not generate any replies... :(

Compared to English-speaking modelling forums these two German ones are probably tiny. So maybe there is feedback in bigger forums. Does anyone know some popular English 3D modelling forums?
I would try to translate my (obviously not very successful) posts but for a more professional impression I would prefer a native speaker to take care of it.

VO101_Tom
Aug-08-2014, 15:06
A short status update beginning with the good news: Two weeks ago I posted the request for new modellers in the two German 3D modelling forums 3d-board.de (http://www.3d-board.de/34-caf/29677-modeller-f-r-flugsimulations-moddingprojekt-gesucht/?58e4dc1e) and 3d-ring.de (http://www.3d-ring.de/3d/forum.php?post_id=17293#adddiv).
The not so good news: The threads got about 50 views each but did not generate any replies... :(

Compared to English-speaking modelling forums these two German ones are probably tiny. So maybe there is feedback in bigger forums. Does anyone know some popular English 3D modelling forums?
I would try to translate my (obviously not very successful) posts but for a more professional impression I would prefer a native speaker to take care of it.

I opened a topic in Januar on militarymeshes.com, 285 view, but no reply (http://www.military-meshes.com/forum/showthread.php?7000-Team-Fusion-and-Il-2-Cliffs-of-Dover).
I doubt anyone who don't play clod (this true with any other game), would spend hundreds of hours just to create something what He will not use later...

VII.Racetrack
Aug-11-2014, 04:17
I really appreciated the hard work of the TF... But I'm a quite puzzled seeing this plane reworked... They obviously spent an hard work on it... How many players will use it? Does it have a real impact on the wartheatre where the game is placed?
I was hoping and I already hope to see some other new planes...
Maybe a FW? Maybe some torpedo-bomber? Maybe carriers? I mean... I hope to see something that can change the routine of the game.

Anyway TF guys have resurrected the game.... And I'm very grateful for this.....

Keep up the good work guys

Racetrack

Mysticpuma
Aug-11-2014, 05:33
Hi Racetrack, don't worry too much :)

The Friday updates show a very small portion of what we are working on there is lots more that isn't shown. As regards the Tiger Moth, we are keen to stay within the early war years at the moment as it seems to be the era that is least frequently touched by other developers (current, not past) and this gives us more opportunity to build from and into the future.
There are other aircraft being worked on but it's not the time to.announce them.yet or what else would I have to put in the future updates ;)

Don't feel disheartened that it's 'only' and armed Tiger Moth.......there is a lot of fun to be had in an armed biplane :)

Cheers, MP

Gromit
Aug-11-2014, 05:39
Hope threre's not a headwind when the moth bombers head for Calais, it's going to take all night! :D

heinkill
Aug-11-2014, 13:44
In my wild and crazy youth I raced a fellow BDGer in a time trial between Dover and Buck Palace in BoBII in a Tiger Moth.

The rules were you were only allowed to go airborne to cross rivers.

He won in 1 hour 35 mins, by taking the train tracks the swine!

H

Oersted
Aug-19-2014, 16:32
Keeping up a solid news flow, ideally by releasing meaningful new content, is a powerful tool for keeping your community alive.

H

Interesting points Heinkill: I hope TF give them the consideration they warrant.

This is probably the least interesting update for me, since I can't see much of a point in arming the Tiger Moth, but if others are happy then so am I! - I was glad to hear it wasn't a major strategic effort by the team but rather a little exploratory project. I'm very cool with that, sounds perfectly sensible.

Thanks for posting and looking forward to further updates!

VII.Racetrack
Aug-25-2014, 12:00
I was asking myself if it will possible to see - in the new patches that the team are working on - new aircrafts that are not already in the game as not flyable...
I mean like FW or Bf109G and many more aircrafts that are not right now in the game. Because if i'm right we saw a Playable Bomber and a new version of the Tigermoth, this are planes that the game already have but not flyable.
Am i right?
Will it possible to see aircrafts completely new that are not in the game now?

VO101_Tom
Aug-25-2014, 12:42
Will it possible to see aircrafts completely new that are not in the game now?

Hi.
Short answer: Yes.
Little detailed answer is here. The post is old, but the content mostly still stand: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5268&p=54574&viewfull=1#post54574