PDA

View Full Version : online in the F-86

ATAG_Headshot
Jul-26-2014, 23:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sebi2P-7Nk&list=UUC7VnNMyxG3GG54yi8GS5ew

Adult Language warning.

So I just picked up the DCS F-86 at release and decided to give it a try flying it online with a few other people against AI migs. Most of us are still learning the plane from scratch but it was quite a fun plane to mix things up in.

Early in the movie I make a pass at point blank with a mig but had my aim 9 selected instead of guns and didn't have a keybinding to switch back to guns quick so I passed it and couldn't actually hit it, which is a shame with how close I got. Being early in I also miss identified a plane and nearly shot a friendly but thankfully my aim is terrible yet ;). At the end is my second mig kill in this plane. I forgot to film the first...

A few things to note with the beta. It looks like Aim-9's may not always register hits, and once you have had them off the tone for them doesn't go away even if you go back to guns.

I encourage anyone who enjoys flight sims to give this plane a look. It is a jet, but it's a very early one and is still very dogfight heavy. After playing a few hours in it I absolutely love it. Go give it a try!

ATAG_Freya
Jul-26-2014, 23:59
beautiful! great vid to watch man thx! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Jul-28-2014, 18:03
Great vid! :thumbsup:

I've having a blast just flying this thing through the mountains and valleys. The Sabre sure flies sweet and the feeling of speed is awesome! :stunned: Haven't gotten into the weapon systems yet, other than shooting stuff up with guns and a few rockets. Won't be long before I'll be hounding you guys for some online fun.

:)

Catseye
Jul-28-2014, 18:22
Great vid! :thumbsup:

I've having a blast just flying this thing through the mountains and valleys. The Sabre sure flies sweet and the feeling of speed is awesome! :stunned: Haven't gotten into the weapon systems yet, other than shooting stuff up with guns and a few rockets. Won't be long before I'll be hounding you guys for some online fun.

:)

I'll be working on a "Mig Alley" online scenario once I get the finer points of this bird down.
Lovely to fly!

ATAG_Headshot
Jul-28-2014, 20:16
I'll be working on a "Mig Alley" online scenario once I get the finer points of this bird down.
Lovely to fly!

That sounds great! Now to just get player flyable Mig's in there too ;)

Injerin
Jul-29-2014, 21:29
Was alot of fun Headshot and nice kill, I got to see it first hand :P

Anyway if anyone is looking for some practice missions NakedSquirrel and I made a few small ones here:

Gladio
Jul-30-2014, 07:05
Mission makers should remove GAR-8 from Korean Theatre. It's a blasfemy.

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-30-2014, 07:16
There's no Korean theatre as such. Belsimtek made a model which would fit into either late Korean War or post Korean War. To make the Korean War missions all mission designers have to do is not allow the GAR-8 to be equipped. If they want to simulate a slightly later conflict like the Indo-Pakastani War in 1965 where F-86F 35s were in action with GAR-8s they can do this as well. Having the choice either way is good.

Gladio
Jul-30-2014, 07:41
I agree and this is what I wrote.
Using GAR-8 missile in a Korean War mission is historically wrong and I don't think people are "tremendously excited" about the Taiwanese or Indo-Pakistan conflicts. Korean War is the proper arena for F-86's and Mig.15's so I just hope mission makers realize this.

However GAR-8 missile was not so effective so I don't understand why people complain so much about its effectiveness in combat.

Injerin
Jul-30-2014, 17:46
Using GAR-8 missile in a Korean War mission is historically wrong and I don't think people are "tremendously excited" about the Taiwanese or Indo-Pakistan conflicts. Korean War is the proper arena for F-86's and Mig.15's so I just hope mission makers realize this.

However GAR-8 missile was not so effective so I don't understand why people complain so much about its effectiveness in combat.

We do understand it, Will will not make anything (Mission wise) that is not historical unless its just a training mission. I am just hoping sooner or later we get new maps, maybe we will get them with EDGE, but who knows when we will see that. As far as load outs, you can change them whenever. open the editor and click on the plane and go to load-out and change it. The other thing I hope is they simulate MIG-15 blackouts, the MIG-15 pilots never had g-suits, the way it stands now there would be no way the MIG could make the turns they do in game.

Oh and yes the GAU-8 sucks :)

Gladio
Jul-31-2014, 01:48
GAU-8 is also called Gatling and it doesn't suck :D

J/K

Dice
Jul-31-2014, 17:02
Nice vid Headshot...may have to take a closer look at this one.

GERMANWOLF
Jul-31-2014, 17:59
Very good !!!!:)

ATAG_Septic
Jul-31-2014, 18:00
Really enjoying the F86 here too!

Septic.

startrekmike
Jul-31-2014, 18:06

Mission makers are going to do what they will with the tools provided to them, I mean, a good mission maker is going to go for the most authentic feeling possible so in a mission that is specifically modeled on Korean war battles, it would go without saying that they would remove GAR-8's from the players hands, there are easy ways to do that, especially when you just remove them for a airbase inventory in the editor.

However, I think it is great that they did add the GAR-8 in, it provides the potential for post-Korean war style missions where players can explore the early days of guided air to air missiles.

That is the point of DCS, to explore the aircraft in as much detail as possible.