PDA

View Full Version : Landing BOS lagg 3 without bouncing. definitely hardest sim .

implicit A
Jul-28-2014, 05:40
Here is a way i found for landing lagg 3 without bouncing.

Many practice landing before that, definitely hard to proper land that plane, harder than any other fligh sim, include Dcs.

tips video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QMjoQ3-FM

Foul Ole Ron
Jul-28-2014, 06:11
Nothing particularly wrong with a little bounce. Was common enough. What annoys me more in BOS is the little pirouettes that the Lagg-3 and La-5 do when coming to a halt - it's really hard to avoid. I saw a video showing how to avoid it by keeping the engine RPM up while also braking but not sure if this is what pilots really had to do or if it's a workaround for an in-game issue.

Kwiatek
Jul-28-2014, 06:38
Looks for me as ROF engine issue. Adding power during landing run is one of method of get out from ground loop with croswind landing - but normally planes should go straight with correct into wind landing without problem. For me it looks like game engine issue.

implicit A
Jul-28-2014, 07:27
Looks for me as ROF engine issue. . For me it looks like game engine issue.

I used to think the same things as you , and for overbouncing landing too. But realpilot Bos users don't think so, telling it's because of the lack of real feelings in a sim that makes it hard to initiate right action in the right moment. The thing that makes me feel they're not totally wrong, is that it seems easiler to land correctly without bouncing in external view. ... But it's definitely not my cup of tee to use a flight sim like that.

Is there here, a real taildrager pilot, more neutral than Bos ones, who can tell us about that ? overbouncing and "little pirouettes that the Lagg-3 and La-5 do when coming to a halt".

Anyway I still think that it should land easilier as said in original La-5 manual, with a glide at 200 / 210 km/h, 30° flap, and stick backward gently at 10m to land easy at 170km/h/160km/h, without such high bounces, and pirouettes in final halt. It's difficult for me to tell it's a game engine issue, because I'm not au real pilot : just an 20 years of flight simmer...

But I hate such games issues that makes you feel, when you don't manage to make it good, "it's just because of unreal FM", and not due to your own lack of practice, making possible to progress untill you do it properly.
that's what make a good sim like Clod, that feeling of realism wich make you progress over and over, untill making a109 an easy kill in a spit. ... ;-) ( I'm joking of course my air ratio still very low, after 700 hours of clod ... ;-)

:glaughter:

gavagai
Jul-28-2014, 08:39
Here is an article I have about ground loops, specifically for the T-6.

Talisman
Jul-28-2014, 12:02
I used to think the same things as you , and for overbouncing landing too. But realpilot Bos users don't think so, telling it's because of the lack of real feelings in a sim that makes it hard to initiate right action in the right moment. The thing that makes me feel they're not totally wrong, is that it seems easiler to land correctly without bouncing in external view. ... But it's definitely not my cup of tee to use a flight sim like that.

Is there here, a real taildrager pilot, more neutral than Bos ones, who can tell us about that ? overbouncing and "little pirouettes that the Lagg-3 and La-5 do when coming to a halt".

Anyway I still think that it should land easilier as said in original La-5 manual, with a glide at 200 / 210 km/h, 30° flap, and stick backward gently at 10m to land easy at 170km/h/160km/h, without such high bounces, and pirouettes in final halt. It's difficult for me to tell it's a game engine issue, because I'm not au real pilot : just an 20 years of flight simmer...

But I hate such games issues that makes you feel, when you don't manage to make it good, "it's just because of unreal FM", and not due to your own lack of practice, making possible to progress untill you do it properly.
that's what make a good sim like Clod, that feeling of realism wich make you progress over and over, untill making a109 an easy kill in a spit. ... ;-) ( I'm joking of course my air ratio still very low, after 700 hours of clod ... ;-)

:glaughter:

There is lots of help on the BoS server from real pilots about this, so I will not repeat it. Also, I find that having a force feed-back joystick can help feel the aircraft more. If I do not have force feed-back the aircraft feels dead rather than alive and harder to get a sense of movement, machine and flight. I recommend force feed-back and would not want to fly a flight sim without it.

Chuck_Owl
Jul-28-2014, 14:28
Many practice landing before that, definitely hard to proper land that plane, harder than any other fligh sim, include Dcs.

Harder? Not really. I find BoS landings to be quite easy to do.

darkside3/4
Jul-29-2014, 04:44
Every level c or d sim ive used for various flying jobs has felt like rollout was on an ice skating ring in regards to braking compared to the RL counterpart. Nothing too bad but thats the closest analogy I can give in my close to decade of flying for coin. Those were all tricycle gear planes, god forbid if they were taildragers.

LuseKofte
Jul-29-2014, 07:28
I think it is kind of a fm tweak, adding throttle make rudderinput effective, it might be a reaction for less developed fm