PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots?

Tonka
Mar-06-2012, 16:06
Hi Chaps,

I have been using the printscreen key to take screenshots whilst flying, but they don't seem to be saved in the MyDocs/1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\screenshots folder, or anywhere in my steam folder.

Any idea's of where they could be, or why it might not be working?

I do get a short pause when i press the printscreen key, and the key binding is set in Il2, so i'm at a loss as to why they don't seem to work for me.

Cheers!

Tonka
Mar-07-2012, 10:11
I've sorted this problem out now, thought i better post my findings in case it can help someone else.

I had the il2 screenshot key set as print-screen, the default key binding, but, the print-screen key is used by windows to save a copy of your current desktop view to the windows clipboard. This meant that the il2 screenshot function was being overridden by the windows screenshot function. Changing the screenshot key binding to something other than the print-screen key has gotten this to work now and the .bmp's are saved in the screenshot's folder properly.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-07-2012, 10:38
Thanks, Tonka! I knew the F12 key "didn't work" for screenshots, but never knew the reason why. I use FRAPS for screenshots in .jpg format because the files are smaller, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Good post.

Tonka
Mar-07-2012, 12:08
Thanks Snapper.

Yeah, the F12 key is the steam screenshot function, which i couldn't get to work either. I think some people have problems with it because they use Track IR and require the F12 key for that, but i don't use Track IR so i have set F12 as my in game screen shot function.

Just need the patch to arrive now so i can crank up the settings again, the screenshot's don't look so good with most of the eye candy disabled!

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-08-2012, 09:01
Tonka:

Get a TrackIR simple as that: if you cant afford one I'll buy you one !!!!!!!

Makes the sim so much better

Knuckles

Tonka
Mar-08-2012, 15:02
Yeah I'm going to look into getting a Track IR in the near future. I cope pretty well with the mouse, but from what I've heard things will be even easier with the tracking.

Cheers!

[FFCW]Urizen
Mar-16-2012, 12:18
Tonka:

Get a TrackIR simple as that: if you cant afford one I'll buy you one !!!!!!!

Makes the sim so much better

Knuckles

here, i need one :D .

@Tonka: just pressing F12 for using steam to snap wonґt work, youґll have to use Shift+F12, then itґll work. and for the rest: i had a feeling, that windows somehow interfered with the print-screen ingame, funny thing is though, if i start gimp and try to paste the image saved, there is none :shocked: .Windoof and games, two worlds crashes :hiding: .