PDA

View Full Version : DCS P51-D with the Oculus Rift DK2

Chivas
Aug-01-2014, 11:37
DCS P51-D with the Oculus Rift DK2 posted on reedit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zc3h43GCNbw

AG-51 Hoss
Aug-01-2014, 20:07
How much peripheral vision do you get with those? from looking at the screen the FOV doesn't look any better than a regular monitor. I'd want to have lots of natural FOV with those before I shelled out cash for those. I would not be able to use my CH MFD with those one either.

Hoss

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-02-2014, 03:18
The current DK2 kit has a fov of 100.I the don't know if they plan to update this for CV1. I'd say probably not by much as they already have resolution issues with the additional amount of pixels that have to be pushed around. From what I've read on the DCS forums the DK2 kit is not quite where it needs to be for DCS. The gauges aren't as sharp as we'd want them and spotting far off contacts isn't going to happen. Having said that the immersion factor is said to be incredible

Hopefully CV1 will be 1440p which is probably the minimum we'd want for flight sims. But it'll be CV2 with a 4k screen or higher where this technology will really come into its own.

Chivas
Aug-02-2014, 19:36
The developer has stated everything will be better with the consumer version, including the FOV, resolution, and form factor. How much better is anyones guess. The development funds are their to make the best possible VR hardware now and in the future.