PDA

View Full Version : Backers don't forget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Injerin
Aug-02-2014, 14:26
JUST A HEADS UP FELLAS.................If you need to set-up your backers page at DCS so you are able to get your rewards please follow this link:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124949

(Note: this page is still under construction and should be back up prior to the DORA release)

The most recent rewards system:

Dear all,

We have been listening to the good and bad feedback from yesterday’s announcement and we recognize that we made a mistake. We agree that it is not fair that someone that already purchased P-51D or Fw 190 should be forced to receive them again when there are other project aircraft they prefer. We apologize.

As such, we are in the process of redesigning the backer’s page to allow you to choose the aircraft YOU wish. You will get a number of aircraft selection slots based on your contribution level as listed in the list below.

If you earlier paid a shipping cost, it will be added to your total pledge amount.

If you received a P-51D key from RRG earlier, that will count as one of your aircraft choices.

Planned aircraft still include:

- P-51D
- Fw 190 D-9
- Bf-109K-4
- Spitfire
- P-47D
- Me.262A1

$1-19
Bronze Backer credit in manuals
P-51D or Fw 190 D-9 and print-ready PDF manual

$20-$39
One aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manual
Normandy Map

$40-$59
Two aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

$60-$79
Silver Backer credit in manuals
Three aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

$80-$99
Four aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

$100-$119
Five aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

$120-$139
Gold Backer credit in manuals
All aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manuals
Normandy Map

$140-$159
Normandy Map
Normandy Map Alpha access

$160-$179
Normandy Map
Copy of any Eagle Dynamics developed DCS product

$180-$199
Platinum Backer credit in manuals
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt

$200-$249
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar

$250-$499
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
Two keys for each aircraft

$500-$999
Diamond Backer credit in manuals
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One existing aircraft skin with your name below the canopy

$1,000
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One custom paint scheme for the aircraft of your choice

$2,000
Normandy Map
TFC Polo Shirt
TFC hat and calendar
One custom paint scheme for the aircraft of your choice
Your face on the pilot model of your plane of choice

Note: Alpha access to aircraft is to be determined.

hnbdgr
Aug-07-2014, 04:34
Thanks for this, I got a quick question:

I got the DCS Steam version with P-51 installed

Now that the dora is out and I've got keys do I install it separately from steam and hope p-51 key will be accepted there too or do i keep everything with steam? can anybody recommend what's best?

many thanks!

Bounder!
Aug-07-2014, 05:39
Thanks for this, I got a quick question:

I got the DCS Steam version with P-51 installed

Now that the dora is out and I've got keys do I install it separately from steam and hope p-51 key will be accepted there too or do i keep everything with steam? can anybody recommend what's best?

many thanks!

Install the standalone version of DCS world and ditch the Steam version. Valve stopped accepting module keys bought from the ED shop and hence codes you'll get from the backers section. The standalone version will take keys from ED and Steam where-as Steam will now only take Steam keys (see below). If you switch to the standalone you can use all your existing Steam bought codes and use codes from the ED shop and backers section. If you stay with Steam you will have to install two versions - one for Steam bought codes and another for backers codes. TBH the standalone is a bit better anyway as the main strength of Steam is that it keeps games up to date but the standalone does this too (as well as allowing easy roll backs to any previous patch etc which steam does not) - also if you like launching through Steam you can still do that with any standalone title so there really is no reason to use the Steam version.

link to OP of following quotehttp://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125452

We learned from Valve/Steam that they will be unable to continue merging DCS keys purchased outside of the Steam Store. As such and as of today, please note that any keys purchased outside of the Steam Store can no longer be used to activate DCS products on Steam.

We will be working with Steam to merge all keys purchased prior to today. We can make no promises as to when or if this will happen though… that is out of our hands.

Please note though that keys purchased on the Steam store will work on DCS World downloaded from the DCS Store.

hnbdgr
Aug-07-2014, 05:48
Install the standalone version of DCS world and ditch the Steam version. Valve stopped accepting module keys bought from the ED shop and hence codes you'll get from the backers section. The standalone version will take keys from ED and Steam where-as Steam will now only take Steam keys (see below). If you switch to the standalone you can use all your existing Steam bought codes and use codes from the ED shop and backers section. If you stay with Steam you will have to install two versions - one for Steam bought codes and another for backers codes. TBH the standalone is a bit better anyway as the main strength of Steam is that it keeps games up to date but the standalone does this too (as well as allowing easy roll backs to any previous patch etc which steam does not) - also if you like launching through Steam you can still do that with any standalone title so there really is no reason to use the Steam version.

fantastic thanks!

farley
Aug-07-2014, 08:30

I also have DCS on steam, and was unable to install the 190 Dora i received through backing. At the suggestion of Foul ole Ron (Thanks again Ron), i re installed DCS World on my computer. I was then able to install the 190 onto the computer, and also transfer the P-51 i already own over from steam.

Then, just for the heck of it, i copied the 190, pasted it into steam and ran it. Steam asked me for the serial number, i pasted that in, and voila! For whatever reason, i now have the 190 in Steam and on the computer. And they both seem to work fine. So it seems that the planes received through backing WWII Europe can be put into steam after being loaded onto your computer. Does anyone concur, or am i fooling myself somehow (I've done that before!)?

From what you are saying above though Bounder, think i will just remove DCS from steam and go with the game on my computer.