PDA

View Full Version : Stutters only when using Teamspeak?

Vadr
Aug-02-2014, 16:56
Hi all,

I have a brand-new, fairly high end system: Intel i5 quad, P8Z77 MB, 16MB of RAM Radeon 7870 graphics card.

The game runs great for me at very high resolution. Frame rates in the 60s and no stutters anywhere ever.

UNTIL I start Teamspeak. Then, no matter what I do, My snap-views start stuttering all over the place. Really bad. Unflyable. Turn off Teamspeak, all is smooth like buttah again no matter how hard I try to stress it.

I've tried vsync on and off, and have done the .Net client update and DXSETUP steps. I lowered resolutions across the board, no change.

Any thoughts? Kind of a bummer not to be able to talk while flying.

Many Thanks.

Continu0
Aug-02-2014, 17:20
strange, strange, strange... an idea: you could try to asign teamspeak to another cpu-core via task manager... maybe clod and ts conflict running on the same core???

Vadr
Aug-02-2014, 18:08
strange, strange, strange... an idea: you could try to asign teamspeak to another cpu-core via task manager... maybe clod and ts conflict running on the same core???

That made the problem about 90% better. It was stuttering badly in every view, now only minor stutters in the up views. Perfectly manageable. Maybe I'll try different core arrangements.

Thank You Sir. Owe you a frosty beverage on some future date.

Continu0
Aug-03-2014, 05:35
I am surprised that it worked / did help, but I am glad that it helped!:D

Vadr
Aug-04-2014, 16:32
Poor observational skills on my part. Allocating the cores *did* help, but the real issue was a conflict between my Saitek jstick software and Teamspeak. I turned-off the Saitek stuff and Teamspeak smoothed right out.

Thanks for the help.