View Full Version : DCS: Fw-190 D-9 Dora is available

ATAG_Flare
Aug-06-2014, 09:37
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2139031&postcount=8

there you go
trying it out now.

SorcererDave
Aug-06-2014, 11:37
First impressions? I'm a big fan of the 190 so I've been looking forward to this. Not sure I can afford to get it right now though. :/

HaJa
Aug-06-2014, 12:24
Absolutely great!
A beast and difficult to take off in but nice on landing. Handles great in the air. Outperforms the 51 in the vertical.
You will blow the engine with to long MW50 runs :D

ATAG_Flare
Aug-06-2014, 15:27
My thoughts:

It's hard to fly!

Well, lets change that to hard to dogfight. Engine management is a breeze, and the thing climbs like a beast, as long as you have some speed to begin with. MW-50 can run for quite a while, and you can really feel the power in that Jumo engine.

Now on to combat. You can not turn with the P-51. The only way to get at it is to extend away to altitude and dive back on him. I am finding the EZ42 quite hard to use, and mostly just waiting until I get close and hoping for the best. It does work well for turning deflection shots, but any other shot is very hard to aim. The bullets from the MG-151 and the MG 131 both lose energy very fast, and you have to compensate with a lot of lead. This, combined with the DM problems where bullets don't do enough damage make shooting down the 51 very difficult. When manoeuvring in the Dora, it seems to spin fairly easily, so keep that in mind. It is very easy to recover though.

TL; DR: Boom and zoom is effective, don't turn with the Mustang, and guns are hard to aim.

SorcererDave
Aug-07-2014, 05:46
Good to hear. I spent countless hours flying the different 190 models in IL2 1946 as well as the A3 in BoS lately. One of my favourite aircraft of WW2. But, yeah, it's not very forgiving if you mess up in a fight, and you can't turn with ANYTHING. That said the roll-rate is a great advantage. In an almost straight vertical dive you can use it to keep your aim on a target that's attempting to evade via a corkscrew, which you can't usually do in 109s because the controls cement up too much at those kinds of speeds.