PDA

View Full Version : Barnstorming

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-09-2012, 22:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKcDN4upms&context=C45f9c2bADvjVQa1PpcFMu2XuJ8vno8n7lJd02TVne OTIeo1WJKz8=

After my second video (strafing) I had a lot of comments from people saying that they thought I was going to fly through the one hangar. This is my response to that. I recorded everything from a track I took in single player. Due to this and the fact that there is a bug in playing back tracks that makes the prop pitch and RPM jump everywhere I couldn't use the engine and gun sounds from the cockpit but some of the external shots have those thrown in. I was flying at just under 700 kph after the first dive and pass, and was flying about 500 kph for the inverted pass. Unfortunately the hurricane despawned before my second pass finished, but you can still see a few more hurricanes taxiing by.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-10-2012, 06:04
Great Vid Headshot!

And there was me beginning to kid myself I could fly a bit :)

Uther
Mar-10-2012, 09:56
Outrageous! :bgsmile:

Doc
Mar-10-2012, 10:19
Headshot

You've turned out to be an amazing film maker! :hpyclp:

Dutch
Mar-10-2012, 10:37
That's superb HS! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-10-2012, 12:28
That was great!

Thanks Headshot :hpyclp:

Atreides
Mar-10-2012, 12:41
And to think I used to feel safe when spawning in a hangar :hiding:

Recoilfx
Mar-10-2012, 13:30
oh man that was great! Love the hurri's landing gear crumpling hehe

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-10-2012, 13:36
I couldn't have asked for better on where that hurricane stopped. I killed the pilot almost instantly and it looks like he fell forward on the throttle as the plane fell apart :bgsmile: I need to learn more about camera control when filming from tracks though. Is there any way to completely free up the camera so that you can go anywhere you want without being tethered to a plane?

Dutch
Mar-10-2012, 14:04
Is there any way to completely free up the camera so that you can go anywhere you want without being tethered to a plane?

In standard missions, right click and drag can zoom in and out by a huge amount, left click and drag can move camera up down left and right a huge amount, to avoid having the plane you choose with shift/F2 or ctrl/F2 in the shot. Mouse movement then lets you pan around, up down etc.

If you build your own missions in FMB for filming, you can add 'static cameras' at any point on the map and specify what height they're at initially, then pick one using ctrl/F2 and still use the same click and drag functions to alter your perspective.

Numpad/ resets the view to default in either case.

Is this what you mean? :happy

Edit: Quick Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiu9srPAjHo&feature=youtube_gdata

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-10-2012, 23:25
Thanks for the vid. I do know how to do that stuff, but the thing is as soon as that plane starts moving your camera will move too. I'm trying to find a way to make it so that the camera isn't bound to a certain plane or object. Is that even possible? (FREE RANGE CAMERA!)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-11-2012, 03:47
Fantastic flying and so is the vid! :hpyclp:

Dutch
Mar-11-2012, 09:09
Thanks for the vid. I do know how to do that stuff, but the thing is as soon as that plane starts moving your camera will move too. I'm trying to find a way to make it so that the camera isn't bound to a certain plane or object. Is that even possible? (FREE RANGE CAMERA!)

As far as I know, the only way to do this is in the FMB with the 'static cameras' I mentioned. There's no option as in RoF where you can 'free' the camera at any point that I know of. You can edit single missions in the FMB to include cameras if you have a favourite one. ;)

Edit: Also, if you cycle through ctrl/F2 until you come to a static object, such as a tent or a tank etc, or even a static aircraft, you can do the click and drag stuff away from the object to get a static camera view.