PDA

View Full Version : My first and last DCS world video

palker
Aug-10-2014, 05:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOKgOosqqRM
After learning that TF-51 is free to try with DCS World i decided to fire it up again after quite a long time after i realized that A-10C is too complex for me.
It took me about an hour to get through the incredibly obnoxious and buggy DRM to actually get to flying anything. The DRM is so infuriating that i will never ever buy any Eagle Dynamics product ever again. And to think that people complained about Steam being used on CloD.

The integration of main application and various modules is still pretty awful you have to launch mission from DCS world after that it quits the main app and launches the module every step accompanied by a nice long loading screen. There is no restart mission option in the menu so if you fook up your landing like you are very likely to do if you are new you can enjoy even more loading screens. SSD seems to be a must if you want to actually enjoy any of the DCS products.

The game itself seems nice and the Mustangs handles really differently from what i was used to in 1946 it does not stall that much it turns nicely. If you stall it it recovers easily and it is also very fast with decent maneuverability except roll rate. The flight and system models is as excellent as advertised. And it seems like I would really enjoy the DCS WWII aircraft if it was not for that stupid DRM system and the constant switching between the World part of the sim,(where are settings debriefs and missions) and the actual sim (where the fun stuff is).
It is a shame that such nice sim has to be ruined by pants on the head retarded DRM system.

Remon
Aug-10-2014, 06:38
After learning that TF-51 is free to try with DCS World i decided to fire it up again after quite a long time after i realized that A-10C is too complex for me.
It took me about an hour to get through the incredibly obnoxious and buggy DRM to actually get to flying anything. The DRM is so infuriating that i will never ever buy any Eagle Dynamics product ever again. And to think that people complained about Steam being used on CloD.

The integration of main application and various modules is still pretty awful you have to launch mission from DCS world after that it quits the main app and launches the module every step accompanied by a nice long loading screen. There is no restart mission option in the menu so if you fook up your landing like you are very likely to do if you are new you can enjoy even more loading screens. SSD seems to be a must if you want to actually enjoy any of the DCS products.

The game itself seems nice and the Mustangs handles really differently from what i was used to in 1946 it does not stall that much it turns nicely. If you stall it it recovers easily and it is also very fast with decent maneuverability except roll rate. The flight and system models is as excellent as advertised. And it seems like I would really enjoy the DCS WWII aircraft if it was not for that stupid DRM system and the constant switching between the World part of the sim,(where are settings debriefs and missions) and the actual sim (where the fun stuff is).
It is a shame that such nice sim has to be ruined by pants on the head retarded DRM system.

What DRM? It's only a serial number check nowdays. Believe me, many people had problems and were vocal about them back when they were using that Starforce crap.

And you don't have to start the mission again. When, or if, you crash, press escape, click on "Briefing", then click "Fly".

Skoshi_Tiger
Aug-10-2014, 08:06
Yep that what happens when you stall on landing! Flight and damage model look fairly good and true to life. I liked the way under carriage bucked when you slammed it into the ground! Your lucky to walk away with that one.

Cheers and thanks for the video!

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-10-2014, 08:54
No DRM issues for me. Just put in the serial number one time and that's it. Did you download a number of the other paid modules or something? You're right about the load times. Doing a straight refly isn't too bad but if you go from one mission to a different one it can take a while to load. BOS and CloD are certainly quicker.

palker
Aug-10-2014, 08:57
I have DCS A 10 C on steam and when i want to launch any module even one of the free ones all i get is 3 Warthog 64bit activation progress bars that will freeze at 99% and tax one of my cpu cores to 100% and thats it.
I have to launch DCS World without steam and even then when launching anything i get 3 errors talking about expired activation that i have to get through everytime i switch between module/DCS world.

Marmus
Aug-10-2014, 12:07
Something isn't right then. Sorry for your issues and that I can't help. I have owned DCS A-10c since it's initial Beta release, 2 or 3 years ago, never had the issues described in this thread. I do not know much about their Steam installations. The codes from Steam should work to activate the stand alone version of DCS World. I have never been a fan of Steam.

If there is no help from here, I recommend finding a small group of DCS enthusiasts that can help you out. I find the DCS forums are too big to get effective help, unless you are lucky.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

palker
Aug-10-2014, 13:06
I will uninstall the steam version and download it from the ED site so at least i will get the free stuff without much hassle and try to activate the A10C but most likely it will not work because last time i tried it it did not.

Foul Ole Ron
Aug-10-2014, 13:18
Did you buy a new PC since you originally bought the A-10C? It might be that DCS is thinking that a new PC is trying to use a key that is registered to a different PC. I've heard of some people having problems when upgrading their PC. Didn't happen to me when I got a new mobo a while back but you might need to raise a ticket if it's happening to you.