PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial YouTube series

CzarPeppers
Aug-20-2014, 05:04
I was thinking about making a basic tutorial series on a number of flight simulators to help people ease their way into the genre. Of course, I was hoping to do a number of videos on this game, which I began playing recently.

I'm still pretty new at this game, and I have learned a great deal. But I'm sure there is plenty I don't know. So any suggestions would be welcome. Anything that you think is fundamental information for flying a fighter and/or bomber in this game, or even in combat flight sims generally.

Now here's to hoping it doesn't come across as snobby and attempting to inflate my own significance.

Continu0
Aug-20-2014, 07:53
Hi CzarPeppers! Welcome to the Community!

Youtube Tutorials, that sounds like a great idea. If you want to do a whole series, even better. The thing is, there is already a lot of stuff around. I suggest doing a quick search on youtube and have a look what is already there. By watching other tutorials, you probably find things that are missing, could be explained better or can be taken over...!

I hope that helped! I am looking forward to your tutorials!

CzarPeppers
Aug-25-2014, 15:10
I'm hoping to do something a bit different. Rather than focusing on specific games I'd like to include advice that is going to help you in all combat flight sim games. I realize that there are big differences between lets say, IL2, War Thunder, Aces High, among others. But I want to find the stuff that will help you in all games.

But I want to focus on specific features and aspects of individual games too.

In short, I want to make something in a way that no one, or not many people, have done before.

I know it is a huge learning curve, and I hope I can find an efficient way to help people get over that hump. Then, more people to shoot down!

In the first few episodes I want to focus on basic fight maneuvers, take-off, landing, flight, knowing how to use the bearing system. Along with ammunition, what kind of ammo is best for what, etc.

I am by no means a master at this game, but I'm hoping that that will help me in making it more accessible to new people.

richardhilton590
Sep-24-2014, 04:14
That would be a great idea. Your Youtube tutorials will surely help the beginners in this game. I'm sure they would be greatly appreciated. When I had started out on this game, I was looking for particular tutorials and guides which unfortunately weren't there before.

blackshark
Sep-25-2014, 03:46
i think that for fighters there are already many tutorials; i think a great help would be to make a selection of the best of them so a player does not have to watch dozens of them to find the one he really needs ...

and in my opinion there is a lack of bombing stuff; i would suggest (and i would need) bombing basics with dive bombers (stuka etc) and level bombing ... starting from basic concepts of bombing: "what is fuse" ? which parameters do i need to master and why ? "how to" ?

i think that's one of the reason there are always lack of bombers in the games ...