http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=399369&postcount=825

Doc
Mar-16-2012, 09:42
:angry:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-16-2012, 10:23
Dang! I felt SURE today would be the day.......:0:

What to do? What to do?

Well, the sun is shining, the road is beckoning.......screw it, let's ride!

http://vimeo.com/20641554

(Well, in a coupla hours -- gotta clear a few things off my desk first! ;) )

Slingn
Mar-16-2012, 11:00
Bummer, but last week, didn't he say something about no more updates becuase of all the negativity on the forum? I think that''s a pretty weak reason, but after reading some of whats posted there, i can see why he would say that.

It looks more like a call of duty forum than a flight sim forum. I thought we were a better, more experienced crowd than that. Have some of those guys ever owned another game? The sense of entitlement, over cheap entertainment software that costs less than a decent lunch for two, sounds more like my 16 yr old daughter, than a group of mostly grown ups.

I'm not saying lets just take what we got and be happy. I, like everyone else sure hope, and indeed expect that they are working on the game. All indications are that they are. The future may be a bit unclear, but it looks pretty bright to me.

Dutch
Mar-16-2012, 11:18
Well, it's a bit of a shame that they keep dangling timelines and then don't deliver.

We're still waiting for the benchmarks promised on Feb 17th; when solving the decals issue would take '2 days', let alone the patch itself, see here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbvSBNLLoo

Having said that, it's no surprise to me that they're now keeping totally silent. Some of the 'fans' are 'enough to make a Parson swear', as me ole Ma would say.

ATAG_Colander
Mar-16-2012, 12:01
For me, is easy to understand and even agree...
They can NOT write in one month a graphics engine that normally take 1 year.
They will NOT release anything until they are 100% sure there are no major issues.
They can NOT have another bombardment of bad publicity.
They can NOT promise any dates because of the above.

Simple, I think.
We just have to be patient (very) and trust that the end result will be worth the wait.

My two cents.

Uther
Mar-16-2012, 12:17
Now, just imagine B6 as the pilot of a Heinkel, this is what happens when he posts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWWOZxqlSU&feature=related

:angrymob:

Uther
Mar-16-2012, 12:24

Dutch
Mar-16-2012, 12:33
I tell you what, watching that clip, Cliffs looks so bloody good.

Now we just need the clouds, and the frame rates, and the landscape colours extended to the full map and........PATCH!!! :bgsmile:

Uther
Mar-16-2012, 12:48
Well ignore the engines, but you can see why its my favourite plane after watching that! I love that film.
Just beautiful. Who needs anything more than a glass cockpit and a couple of peashooters against those silly 8 gun fighters!

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-16-2012, 14:04

What to do? What to do?

Cold and raining here Snapper, but going to get out for a ride on Sunday! :hpyclp:

It's been a looooooooooonnnnggg winter my friend...

MajorBorris
Mar-16-2012, 14:17
Bummer, but last week, didn't he say something about no more updates becuase of all the negativity on the forum? I think that''s a pretty weak reason, but after reading some of whats posted there, i can see why he would say that.

It looks more like a call of duty forum than a flight sim forum. I thought we were a better, more experienced crowd than that. Have some of those guys ever owned another game? The sense of entitlement, over cheap entertainment software that costs less than a decent lunch for two, sounds more like my 16 yr old daughter, than a group of mostly grown ups.

I'm not saying lets just take what we got and be happy. I, like everyone else sure hope, and indeed expect that they are working on the game. All indications are that they are. The future may be a bit unclear, but it looks pretty bright to me.

One of the reasons I like the online community in il2 is it is usualy people in my same age group or just generaly more mature w/ simular interest's but the forums(not just 1c) have been full of whiny babies. I can understand the frustration from the devs, I feel it too.

MajorBorris
Mar-16-2012, 14:31
It's sad how B6 has to be called out all the time, I would ignore them I think.:angrymob:

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Mar-16-2012, 17:10
Now, just imagine B6 as the pilot of a Heinkel, this is what happens when he posts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWWOZxqlSU&feature=related

:angrymob:

Sexy video, but it's not historically accurate. I mean look at how they flew in formation for so long without having a launcher crash.

There's no way that could happen in real life!

Catseye
Mar-16-2012, 17:23

What to do? What to do?

Enter music:
"Born to be Wild"

Cheers.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-16-2012, 17:33
@Deaks & Cats: It's therapeutic. You both know exactly what I mean. Just got back after a great afternoon tearing up the country roads. Puts everything in perspective, including MIA patches. :thumbsup:

Fried
Mar-16-2012, 18:06

Thats exactly what I see over at 1c, even felt like posting there and telling them but thought better of it, I would rather stay here, its more chilled :Grin:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-16-2012, 18:46
It's a bummer that the patch hasn't been released yet, but as Colander (a dude that knows about them 0's and 1's) it's not some sort of exact science. I feel whatever they get ready to release to us, they want it right. I'll patiently wait.

Heck, I have to work this weekend, so I'm glad I'm missing out :Grin:

Edit: added a very important "not"

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Mar-16-2012, 19:47
It's a bummer that the patch hasn't been released yet, but as Colander (a dude that knows about them 0's and 1's) it's not some sort of exact science. I feel whatever they get ready to release to us, they want it right. I'll patiently wait.

Heck, I have to work this weekend, so I'm glad I'm missing out :Grin:

Edit: added a very important "not"