PDA

View Full Version : listening to TS channel, no microphone

Jabo2009
Aug-27-2014, 09:03
Guys, folllowed ATAG TS Invitation yesterday before joining ATAG server (will download ingame TS plugin + get microphone soon)...

And there I was into TS room. but I could not HEAR any kinda talk ! I could join TS channel of specific side, also see the blue dots pop up when players are talking, but Im hearing nothing !

Gotta say that currently I have no microphone for speaking , just earphones for LISTENING, it also shows my user as the "no micro symbol" in the list. But with headphones, I should at least be able to LISTEN to others right?

what am I doin' wrong?
cheers Jabo

III./ZG76_Saipan
Aug-27-2014, 09:13
play an mp3 file , can you hear that? are you in the actual channel or the lobby? click on someones name and edit the volume...crank it up.

Vlerkies
Aug-27-2014, 09:53
Sounds like an incorrectly configured adapter thing.

In TS click 'Settings' on the top menu, then 'options' in the drop down box.
On the menu that comes up select 'playback' on the left.

There it will show you 2 main options to set TS to use for playback.
There is also a sound file there with a 'play' icon you can use to test.
If you cant hear that file playing now, you wont here sound of people talking.

Mine for instance is set at
Playback mode (Automatically use best mode)
Playback device (Speakers Asus Xonar STX Audio Device)

I suspect you normally use speakers but have plugged in a headset or earphones so the sound is not being routed to the earphones (2nd line)

Jabo2009
Aug-27-2014, 11:38
Sounds like an incorrectly configured adapter thing.

I suspect you normally use speakers but have plugged in a headset or earphones so the sound is not being routed to the earphones (2nd line)

Exactly, I think this is what could cause the mess up.

When going online at night, I switch to headphones, (cause my girlfriend tends to be annoyed when hearing Il-CLOD radar operator messages like "ACHTUNG !! .... SPITFIRES ... H AAALLLOOO 8000 m ....etc. :)

will try to sort this out 2 night as instructed...

thanks Saipan and Vlerkies.

ATAG_Lolsav
Aug-27-2014, 12:25
(cause my girlfriend tends to be annoyed when hearing Il-CLOD radar operator messages like "ACHTUNG !! .... SPITFIRES ... H AAALLLOOO 8000 m ....etc. :)

Solution presented here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8864