PDA

View Full Version : Okay I'm banging my head against a wall here getting into windowed mode! HELP!!

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2014, 15:13
So here's the problem. Launching DCS it opens the GUi in full-screen. No problem.

Launching the Mission Builder.....no problem

Launching the mission I create....Black screen, Loading Message.....nothing happens. Ctrl+Alt+Del bring up the option to kill the process. It does nothing, the computer hangs and I have to reset the PC.

The issue I know I have is that my Firewall is popping up a window asking for permission for DCS to access a file or the internet. But I can't say yes as I can't get to the Firewall window.

So then I thought..."aha, untick Full-Screen and click okay" as this will minimise the window and allow me to get to the firewall option.

Nope!

Untick the Full screen button, click Okay....screen goes black, nothing happens and I have to hard reset the PC.

So....is there a way I can just enable windowed mode in the config files so that when I launch the GUi and Missions it is always in windowed mode? That way I can get to the Firewall option?

This is so frustrating but any help to tell me how to edit a config. file for full-screen would be very much appreciated so I can just launch it in Windowed mode!

Help, MP

Remon
Aug-30-2014, 16:10
Try lowering the resolution and putting the game in windowed mode.

Mysticpuma
Aug-30-2014, 16:34
Well I sort of got there in the end....can't use it full screen as it just hangs but after setting it to 1920x1200 and unticking full screen.....the screen went balck and the game hung. I left ita couple of minutes and then hard reset the game. Next time the computer booted I launched it and it was in windowed mode (even though it was full-screen) so it's working :)