PDA

View Full Version : Flight Manuals for Bos?

hnbdgr
Aug-31-2014, 15:08
Hi all,

can anybody point me to some flight manuals for il2 bos? I'm interested in engine limits etc. I tried it out after a 2 month break yesterday and something doesn't feel right for me. I flew the 109F4 and the plane was overheating even when running at 90% throttle (i.e. around 2500 RPM). Even though the engine temperature was on green at all times. Also I'm not sure if I'm actually opening/closing the oil rad as it's not indicated anywhere.

And lastly the plane seemed jittery... like it had 3 espressos just before take off. I checked - flaps were up and gear was in. Another strange thing happens when the engine stops due to mechanical failure. The plane behaves erratically, swings left and right at random...?

any pointers? many thanks :salute:

Dakpilot
Aug-31-2014, 15:32
83% throttle is max cont ATA on F4

Try the BoS site Tutorials and manuals section. Also stickied tutorials in General Discussion section

Try the tiniest of curves and or sensitivities in the controls section, or just be more gentle than you are used too, inputs are easy to overcontrol depending on joystick.

Cheers Dakpilot

hnbdgr
Aug-31-2014, 15:38
83% throttle is max cont ATA on F4

Try the BoS site Tutorials and manuals section. Also stickied tutorials in General Discussion section

Try the tiniest of curves and or sensitivities in the controls section, or just be more gentle than you are used too, inputs are easy to overcontrol depending on joystick.

Cheers Dakpilot

ah thanks. No the stick is fine, it's just the plane is jittery as if the flaps were out or something but they are not.