PDA

View Full Version : Landing at enemy bases (ATAG Server admins - URGENT)

Salmo
Mar-19-2012, 01:47
Bliss, Colander & ATAG mission builders,

ALERT! See video of MrX & others landing at enemy bases http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSywxXviOY8&feature=player_embedded#!

Can you please impliment a script in ATAG missions to prevent landing at enemy bases as a matter of urgency (example below).

Code removed by author

MK.Mr.X
Mar-19-2012, 03:37
:bgsmile:
Warning Mr.X landed at our base!:shocked:
Emergency Evacuation!:scooter
What do I prevent you at your base?

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Mar-19-2012, 07:58
Lol.. I thought it was quite funny

Doc
Mar-19-2012, 08:06
Hi

Please notice the server rules here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1053-Mission-statement-and-server-rules.

If enemy lands at enemy base then they are prisoner of war.

I've had my Ju-88 shot up pretty badly and ended up landing upside down at a base over there. Wasn't my intention but the Hurri and flak combo did my ride in pretty good!

So it was fish-n-chips for me and my m8's.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-19-2012, 08:18
Sorry Salmo, not the point of your post but if I might ask? How on earth do you chaps understand all this coding stuff for missions, it's completely beyond my ken. Am I a philistine? Should any average computerist (computerizer?) know this stuff? There's not much room for new wrinkles on my bum but where do I learn it?

Cheers,

Septic:confused!:

Bliss, Colander & ATAG mission builders,

ALERT! See video of MrX & others landing at enemy bases http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSywxXviOY8&feature=player_embedded#!

Can you please impliment a script in ATAG missions to prevent landing at enemy bases as a matter of urgency (example below).

public override void OnAircraftLanded(int missionNumber, string shortName, AiAircraft aircraft)
{
base.OnAircraftLanded(missionNumber, shortName, aircraft);

#region landing at enemy base not allowed
foreach (AiBirthPlace bp in GamePlay.gpBirthPlaces())
{
double CircleRadius = 1000.00;
if (Math.Sqrt(Math.Pow((bp.Pos().x - aircraft.Pos().x), 2) + (Math.Pow((bp.Pos().y - aircraft.Pos().y), 2))) <= CircleRadius)
{
// landed within 1km of an airbase
if (bp.Army() != aircraft.Army())
{
// landed at enemy base so penalise the player
sendScreenMessageTo(aircraft.Army(), "Landing at base " + bp.Name().ToString() + " is not allowed", null);
destroyPlane(aircraft);
}
else
{
Timeout(60 * DestroyLandedAiAfter, () => // wait DestroyLandedAiAfter min
{ destroyPlane(aircraft); }
);
}
}
}
#endregion
}

Salmo
Mar-19-2012, 12:30
Please notice the server rules here http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1053-Mission-statement-and-server-rules. If enemy lands at enemy base then they are prisoner of war. <snip> ...

I note vulching/peching is allowed. I'm OK with that. What do you mean by "... they are prisoner of war"? What effect does this have in-game?

How on earth do you chaps understand all this coding stuff for missions, it's completely beyond my ken. Am I a philistine? Should any average computerist (computerizer?) know this stuff? There's not much room for new wrinkles on my bum but where do I learn it?
Start with the C# Express setup tutorial here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28997

Doc
Mar-19-2012, 12:34
If they touch and go. Or land and stay it starts a timer to which their plane will de-spawn and remove it. Even if they are flying it the plane will disappear. But making a rule + script for every conceivable thing someone may do that irritates others will not be possible. It's WAR!

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-19-2012, 16:45
Mr. X

Your welcome at our base any time: shoot I'll buy the beer !!!

Knucks

Doc
Mar-19-2012, 17:08
Mr.X generates more threads over his flying skills than anyone else I know.

You got to respect that.

:thumbsup:

Wolf
Mar-19-2012, 19:40
So whats the general consensus here. Back on topic

Should we keep with the You are a prisoner coding or you want to see a tank to two at each base that Blasts the crap out of an enemy plane for;
Daring to avoid a long flight home;
Avoiding a quick dip in the channel;
Avoiding a bumpy landing in the hills and harmless trees or
Avoiding a death in their stats and a quick re-spawn.

Mr.x (if that is his real name) Pffft! No match for my Hurri ;)

MajorBorris
Mar-19-2012, 20:08
Its about the scoring, like old il2 when you had to live to get the full 100 points, 10 points for dying on a kill, so if the devs make the scoring system that promotes survivability and realistic war assets like old il2 again where there was a plane/pilot limit (landed planes in friendly teritory dont cost a plane or pilot)you would see many change there tactics/flying style to be on the stats page.

That would make the bombers worth that much more with 2 engines(planes) and 4+ crew in that scoring system as well.

Regarding "vulching" its not that its "allowed" on the server its that the server is a full real server with war like conditions that require coordination via coms and wingman to provide cap when needed, if you are getting straffed jump on coms and request a cap mission asap on your base. Vulching was a term created for servers with out full real rules or shall I say lots of rules and to vilify realistic/historical game play, you will see lots of people crying and arguing with safe areas and when to shoot rules and generaly less strategy. As long as there are multiple base from which to spawn it is a none factor unless your team lets it be.

Wolf
Mar-19-2012, 21:37
Its about the scoring, like old il2 when you had to live to get the full 100 points, 10 points for dying on a kill, so if the devs make the scoring system that promotes survivability and realistic war assets like old il2 again where there was a plane/pilot limit (landed planes in friendly teritory dont cost a plane or pilot)you would see many change there tactics/flying style to be on the stats page.

That would make the bombers worth that much more with 2 engines(planes) and 4+ crew in that scoring system as well.

Regarding "vulching" its not that its "allowed" on the server its that the server is a full real server with war like conditions that require coordination via coms and wingman to provide cap when needed, if you are getting straffed jump on coms and request a cap mission asap on your base. Vulching was a term created for servers with out full real rules or shall I say lots of rules and to vilify realistic/historical game play, you will see lots of people crying and arguing with safe areas and when to shoot rules and generaly less strategy. As long as there are multiple base from which to spawn it is a none factor unless your team lets it be.

agreed

Doc
Mar-20-2012, 07:42
Experimenting with Vickers at Tramcourt off-line. One problem with this is its likely to cause friendly damage if you happen to be in the line of fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUA_YOyCX6U