PDA

View Full Version : Video from the server ATAG

MK.Mr.X
Mar-19-2012, 07:13
All pilots ATAG server hello!
Thanks to all the red pilots for taking part in shooting excellent video.:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8HCMXE4AdE

ATAG_Septic
Mar-19-2012, 08:25
Thanks to all the red pilots for taking part in shooting excellent video.:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8HCMXE4AdE

Fantastic gun-camera footage Mr X. Your deflection skills are uncanny, it looks like two cannon rounds (.5 of a second?) at most for many of those kills.

I enjoy the ones you have posted which show more how you find and merge from a longer distance, great skills.

Septic.

Doc
Mar-19-2012, 08:36
Great! I learn something new every day!! Thanks for posting!!! :clappy

Ohms
Mar-19-2012, 21:46
Could not stop laughing,the reality that i only have one option when you are around sir is CTRL E.You are a man to be feared.Salute and God help the Reds.:runaway:

Doc
Mar-20-2012, 07:33
Yea I few red several hours last weekend. Was hoping to sneak up on X but he wasn't around. I did manage to sneak up on Drinkins over Deal :bgsmile:

MK.Mr.X
Mar-20-2012, 09:00
Yea I few red several hours last weekend. Was hoping to sneak up on X but he wasn't around. I did manage to sneak up on Drinkins over Deal :bgsmile:
You will not kill me!:hiding2:
I will resist...:bgsmile:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-20-2012, 09:19
I was super-impressed with your deflection shooting. Sure, the cannon are powerful, but you have to put them on the target first -- which you do from some very tough angles. Speaking for myself only, most of my shooting is non-deflection/six o'clock hits which takes a LOT of my 15 seconds of .303 loadout to make a kill -- not very efficient. Your video has shown me that I need to practice a LOT of deflection shooting to score more kills!

MK.Mr.X
Mar-21-2012, 02:28
This video can be considered as a learning!
There are three combat.:thumbsup:

[/URL]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWIo9CCbGY

Many can not explain to you if you can translate here [URL]http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68229&page=11&p=1812677&viewfull=1#post1812677 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWIo9CCbGY)

record in the game Круто крылья срезал спиту и хурю.trk (http://narod.ru/disk/43970832001.c91bff322db1d75b5b6ad180fab835da/Круто крылья срезал спиту и хурю.trk.html)

Ohms
Mar-21-2012, 09:52
I was on the night the first part of the video was shot.I had a feeling LeX was Mr X.A couple of guys had never come across you before and could not keep their emotions in check.I GOT MY A_ _ Handed to to me a couple of times that night but I always enjoy our short fights, if i can stay alive longer each time that means I'm getting better(yeh sure). :bgsmile:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-21-2012, 17:43
Mr.X - Very nice videos :thumbsup:

That's some great deflection shooting! :shocked:

PS - I hyperlinked your videos for you!

Robo.
Mar-24-2012, 05:33
This video can be considered as a learning!
There are three combat.:thumbsup:

Very nice, Mr.X - now do the same in a Spitfire Mk.Ia against some 3-4 Emils :bgsmile:

MK.Mr.X
Mar-24-2012, 08:09
Very nice, Mr.X - now do the same in a Spitfire Mk.Ia against some 3-4 Emils :bgsmile:
There's two Spit2, if you have not noticed
At one Spit2 easy to fight with the three BF-109:bgsmile::bgsmile::bgsmile:

Robo.
Mar-24-2012, 09:34
There's two Spit2, if you have not noticed
At one Spit2 easy to fight with the three BF-109:bgsmile::bgsmile::bgsmile:

As I say, very nice, but do the same in a Spitfire Mk.Ia against some 3-4 Emils :bgsmile:

You know I like you and your videos are amusing, but I don't like how you treat the red side with disrespect, e.g. ''Thanks to all the red pilots for taking part in shooting excellent video.'' That's cheeky and rude flying the 109 :pff: and for that I have much less respect for you as a person to be honest. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 10:36
As I say, very nice, but do the same in a Spitfire Mk.Ia against some 3-4 Emils :bgsmile:

You know I like you and your videos are amusing, but I don't like how you treat the red side with disrespect, e.g. ''Thanks to all the red pilots for taking part in shooting excellent video.'' That's cheeky and rude flying the 109 :pff: and for that I have much less respect for you as a person to be honest. :thumbsup:

IDK its a game not a paid competition, I actually did not take offense to that !

Knucks

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 10:50
I'm sure I was one of the hapless Red pilots in this excellent video, and I didn't feel disrespected by the comment; in fact I kinda chuckled. It was a compilation that MK.MR.X. went to some effort assembling and posting it here which I found beneficial. It showed me I need to work on deflection shooting skills in order to achieve killing hits, as opposed to simply trying to outfly the opponent to get on his six and try to keep him in your convergence kill zone.

But, yes, I would LOVE to see MK.MR.X. fly a Spitfire 1a against one or two E4's in a video to see how it should be done.

Robo.
Mar-24-2012, 12:22
Knuckles - oh please don't get me wrong, I am not offended either, as I have no reason at all. All I am saying is Emil's too easy, show us more RAF :hpyclp: And show some respect to your 'targets' but that might be just me ;)

I agree these videos are great and very useful to any pilots learning. :thumbsup:

Doc
Mar-25-2012, 00:33
I say it again Mr.X is an amazing pilot and his gun skills are crazy!!

:shoot:

Robo.
Mar-25-2012, 13:58
I say it again Mr.X is an amazing pilot and his gun skills are crazy!!

:shoot:

That is very true indeed. He is also flying the best fighter pilot's weapon - the Bf 109. The reason I am teasing him to fly the RAF and show same skill is that we both know it's a bit more complicated for the red side :D It does not mean that flying the 109 well is easy, just the opposite. Actually, to master any plane takes a lot of skill and experience, and one has to be a strong pilot to be able to fly his plane on the edge in the fight. My opinion is that this is far more important with the RAF Mk.I fighters and even if you fly well and don't do any mistakes, 109 pilot can and probably will kill you even if he doesn't fly as well. I don't want to comment if it's right or wrong, I just accept it and I find it very difficult and challenging in a good way, every success is appreciated and usually well earned. It is great fun to play this game on any side and I really enjoy flying it almost every day and I truly enjoy following the learning curve and explore new stuff and gain more skill and knowledge.. Great sim all in all.

I fly RAF 95% of the time but I have got fair share in 109 and I love it, too. Great killing machine, definitely best plane in the game overall. I don't watch all these videos as I will not learn much myself and it comes to me it's more show off stuff than educational, but that's OK. This guy deserves the attention and reputation he's got as he's very experienced and talented. Nice guy, too, but I feel somehow he can be a bit on the arrogant but that's none of my business and perhaps goes hand in hand with his talent. No bother anyway, but to me, humble and modest pilots appeal much more. His goal is also to show to the pilots how it is done (or how it can be done) correctly with the 109, using strengths and superior performance of the 109, flying this plane on the edge. He doesn't speak much English though and I think some pilots may benefit from the analysis of what is going on in each part. As I say, I am far from an 109 expert (I will fly this plane more at some point when they improve the RAF Mk.I performance and the gap won't be as ridiculous) and feel free to comment or ammend my observations as I might be wrong. I was flying the Emils on wrong prop pitch settings for quite a long time before I found out what the optimal settings really are. :Grin: That wrong settings were still good enough against the RAF to be honest, but in a typical duel of same aircraft, every detail matters and this is where you really need to know the limits and fly well in order to succeed against a good opponent. Mr.X is flying the 109 almost exclusively and really really well as we all noticed trying to shoot him down. Let me add a few comments on the above video.

But first things first - let me summarise the strong points of the Bf 109E fighter and also the difficulties and things not so easy, but necessary to master:

- your aircraft is faster and climbs better than anything the RAF throws at you except for Mk.IIa. This on it self makes your life much easier as that is all what you need from a fighter plane. You can outclimb your opponent, gain advantage on the vertical rather quickly and shoot him down. This is what the aircraft can do, but it's the pilot who does the engine management and especially shooting - Luftwaffe pilot must be very good at deflection shooting as he usually attacks fast turning targets at high speeds, shooting from bigger angles. Engine management is also an important skill to master - no CSP means you'll have to work with you propeller pitch at all times to get the max out of your plane - regarding top speed or acceleration. It takes a while to get hang of how to do that, I find propeller management more challenging in a 109 than in RAF planes. Also shooting is not easy but that's the case with RAF too - both need slightly different approach and are equally as difficult to master.

- your aircraft is more maneuvrable that anything the RAF throws at you. Here you might say well well RAF planes turn better. That depends, too, but by maneuvrability I mean especially overall controls response which is absolutely excellent, especially rudder is amazingly responsive and excellent aid when aiming, not easy to master. Roll rate is also superb and better than one of Spitfire and especially Hurricane. Together with the ability to climb faster, roll rate and rudder sensitivity alone will make it possible for you to outmaneuver your opponent in most situations. This is not an easy and it actually takes great skill to make use of this advatnages for newer pilots. Good 109 can outturn a Hurricane with no problem at all and give a lot of grief to Spitfires. This very much depends on your speeds and trim helps a lot ;), I come back to that later. Usually, you don't need to outturn a Spitfire anyway, but you can stick with him for long enough (1/4 of turn) to put some holes in it and extend back up. Rinse and repeat. Great advantage is also direct fuel injection - Merlins cough and you can outstall any RAF plane with no effort if he dares.

- your aircraft is better armed than anything the RAF throws at you. You have either cannons (yeah!), or even better cannons in a E-4, or PLENTY of MG bullets. I personally find this as a great advantage as you can do some serious damage without expending all your ammo, unlike RAF. As I said, different approach. RAF, you must save your ammo and aim well. In Luftwaffe, you have plenty of time to correct. Usually not necessary anyway as one gets good feel for deflection MG shots even from great distance. It also doesn't take too much to cripple a Spitfire and you get quite a few pilot kills. I only find the E-3's MG/FF cannons a bit difficult, but not impossible to master. They're simply slower and one doesn't get this 'feel' of the trajectory as fast as with E-1 or E-4. These 2 I find simply amazing and very easy to get used to. Of course, you need to take your time and spend hours practising to get hang of it. I recommend spending some time on Repka 1 dogfight training server where there is plenty of opportunities and you will find yourself in all sorts of shooting solutions and you can practise whatever you want regarding shooting or manoeuvring. There is plenty of great pilots in there (with fair mix of newbies and average guys) and there is lots of Russian pilots with amazing skill - again, they have been practising and you will see what kind of stuff they can hit - great angles and distances. I'd say that there is quite a few of guys with the shooting skill similar to Mr.X's video, even with E-3 cannons some pilots are excellent. You will know who they are when you spend an afternoon in there :D Some RAF pilots can hear you coming from behind so I definitely recommend starting MG fire (placed conveniently in your nose) from far away, you will be able to hit hard from 500+ m. This is certainly not recommended for RAF as you will only waste your ammo and the 109 will laugh and fly away, then it will come back ;) If you get hit, you still have a great chance to make it back to the base as you're still faster. If you feel like it, you can turn back and shot him down anyway, he will be angry and frustrated as he shot you down first, but just not enough :D

All in all - 109 is a superb machine, even more so if you master:

- shooting. take your time setting things up, somewhere on 1c you'll find the vertical and horizontal convergence are wrong way around. Find what the best belting is. I fly with default ammo because that's what they did in real life. Getting minengeschoss belt only in E-4 is gaming the game imho but why not actually. You'll get more kills that way but you'll know it's not full real anymore ;)

- rudder control esp. in vertical manoeuvres, learn to fly those hammerheads, immelmans nice and clean. No stalls and wing drops, it will cost you life against good pilots. Keep your energy and speed, but that's basics really. Rudder I find most important on this aircraft when manoeuvres and shooting. You will be able to get awful more rounds into that evasive Spitfire if you'll be able to follow him with heavy elevator trim work and some last second rudder slip. Adjust constantly - this is what all the good shots do and I will point it out in the videos.

- fly steady and on the edge, don't be afraid of aggressive manouvers but keep your energy high enough to win the fight. Always adjust at all times. Situation is changing constatnly, good pilot always adjusts and tries to be few steps ahead. This is matter of experience but it definitely can be learned and observed.

THE ACTUAL VIDEO (labeled 'part 10' in the intro), part 1:

00:00 - pilot of 109 in decent height above English coast, decides to dive after some low flying targets. On ATAG, there will always be some low flying mob loitering around Hawkinge and Lympne (or try Ramston are). At this alt, your plane performs better than Mk.I fighters, he's attacking from advantage. Watch him as he's adjusting his prop pitch and throttle for high speed zoom down there.

00:49 - 01:09 - going down there at full speed, he picks a target and watch the pilot keeping his overview of the situation and clean flying, adjusting with ailerons, nice and smooth. He'd like to shoot so he places himself where the target is gonna be and tries to predict enemy's trajectory so he can place a burst on him. The original target is turning into him (I doubt he can see the attacker, he's probably chasing some other 109 turning down low), see Mr.X getting ready in position ahead of the Spitfire anyway around 00:56 but then that would be a difficult shot (still posiible though) but then pilot sees another target and changes opportunity - excellent judging of the situation and reaction on what's going on. Hurricane flying on same course - perfect target. Closing in fast, Hurricane can probably hear him and turns left hard. Notice how the Hurri rolls to the left, you can predict he's gonna have to break left, too. You know that Hurricane's roll rate is awful, he would have no time to turn right even if he had to. See how Mr.X positions himself for the kill - knowing he can't go to the right, he can't break down either, he will turn left and probably climb depending on the speed. The shooter knows that because he's experienced. First burst slightly off, quick correction (rudder and probably elevator trim), beautiful kill with second burst.

01:09 - 01:27 - pilots passes his target and climbs. Always climb in a 109. He cold either use excessive speed and extend from the area, gain alt and repeat. He does a quick combat turn, notice how clean and effective the turn is and how precisely he uses his rudder to swing her around at some 01:28. He then does what everybody should do in a 109 - lag displacement roll. Simply change of your vector by rolling rather than turning, he sees his target passing below in a tight turn and this way he could follow and even cut Spitfire's turn and fire a deflection burst. Again, great coordination is needed as you needed to adjust your engine as well as roll down below. Notice how he's changing his position using rudder and ailerons much more than elevator.

01:27 - 01:45 Spitfire flashes in front of him but the position is not very good, speed too high and there is no point worrying too much as the Spitfire doesn't know he's there. Pilot decides correctly to chase original target, catches him in a right hand side turn, uses trim to get correct lead and we see another nice M-geschoss kill(to be honest, here doesn't matter if that was a Mk.I or Mk.IIa as the pilot didn't do very well I am afraid. Her you can also see how a well piloted 109 can outturn a Spitfire for just long enough. See how Mr.X keeps his speed even after aggressive manoeuvre and how well he times the last turn to get just behind his victim.

01:45 - 01:57, again see how he climbs to gain energy after the successful attack, now there is time to worry about the other Spitfire that is climbing just after him but then lost him for good, notice the typical 109 lag displacement roll and notice that good 109 can and will roll into your turn easily, shooting at you in the process. :Grin: Looking back he sees Spitfire is flying away from him and concentrates on next target - Hurricane climbing helplessly, then seeing a 109 behind tries to cease climbing and gain some speed in faster left hand turn descending a bit. Mr.X places great deflection shot, damaging the Hurricane from some 600m. This was difficult not only for the angle and distance but also the Hurricane was getting faster and turning. That was no lucky shot, but great skill and hours of training. (Repka 1 will do for E1 and E-3 I am telling you, E-4 cannons are easier to get feel of, great weapon). Perfect shot. The Hurricane tries to do something about the situation, but flat scissors is not the greatest idea. Still not bad and the best oponent so far imho. Again, watch the roll rate advantage and trim response and see how he finishes the Hurri with few more bursts from close. He needs to be fast as there is more enemy planes around.

02:25 - the trouble begins as the Spitfire found him eventually and is on his six. Quickly gaining speed and doing negative G push every now and then to make shooting difficult, accelerating fast towards the Cliffs, Spitfire following. Good skill shown in CEM and acceleration as well as good choice of trying to hide against the ground - flying through the trees is not my style of full real but anything that works in game... :hpyclp: Spitfire following, Mr.X is entering flat scissors trying to use 109s superior roll rate and slow his enemy down, then going vertical, using superior performance. His pursuer scores some hits but nothing to worry about. Scissors is a good choice because of the armament advantage, too. It was possible to get hit but the chances of serious damage were not too great, but E-4 one burst is enough.109 pilot could enter flat scissors with confidence, helping him self with small dips of negative G to make aim difficult, then taking the scissors vertical, Spitfire can not win and stalls below him. Situation reverses, quickly check six at 3:19 and he goes after him - you see machine guns from great distance firs, scoring hits the Spitfire starts to climb, which is absolute mistake. The burst that comes at 3:30 looks easy but is actually a bit tricky as the Spitfire is dead ahead showing little surface. Precise control and aiming is necessary. 5 seconds later, Spitfire that started on his 6 is dead. Needles to say, its pilot made it a bit easier for the defender by making obvious mistakes and missing his burst in scissors. This is still perfect demonstration of strengths of the 109 in scissors, especially so vertical. It also shows how you can use the terrain as your advantage. Any bumps or hills will do and make sure you cut his engine whenever possible by doing some neg Gs.

4:30 After this kill, extending from the area defended by AAA back over the sea - checking the situation. Pilot climbs for a few moments then decides to stay low and enter another dogfight low around the coast - excellent tactics to enter a fight in progress and catch the enemy by surprise - here from below, Spitfire never knew what the hell hit him, very nice deflection shooting and deadly from head-on position. Notice the last second rudder correction as he needs to move the reticle just to the rights pot in time. Great work with the rudder there. The other 109 in this fight did it wrong and was turning with the Spitfire at co-alt, very bad idea indeed. After that, Mr.X climbs, watch him do another lag displacement roll and attacks while rolling into Spitfire's maneuvers (4:56 and around), hitting him quite well (at this point, only MG ammunition is left after 4 kills ;)) Here, Mr.X plays it very risky entering the flat scissors with the Spitfire - around 5:10, I personally would go vertical against him doing high yoyo instead of sharp left turn, but his opponent lost him for some odd reason (mayne injured?). Pilot goes vertical then, see him rolling around, that's the way to do it in a 109. Another 109 joins in, you could have seen him buzzing above his canopy in the scissors sequence and Spitfire gets busy, Mr.X closes is from behind and see the long burst from the distance - good hits all the way to the turn, pilot is certainly injured. See how quickly and skillfuly he compensates for the small mistake with his rudder at 6:00. Also notice how he places his recticle where the target is gonna fly. That's big part of the skill - predicting and preparing for shooting. Pressing the trigger is the last bit. Again small risk climbing on front of the Spitfire but he could afford it as he was damaged and kind of lost. He crashed a while later. Also notice how he uses the emergency power at all times, not historically correct but why not - afterburner lasts a minute, you get higher MFP of 1.42ata and then wait for 15 seconds and repeat. Makes quite a difference ;)

This is pretty much how to fly the 109 down low in multi-target environment. This is probably useless post but it might as well help someone new trying to figure out what's actually going on on the video. I am just bored to hell while waiting for somebody to finish something and having too much time on my hands I felt like trying to be useful.

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2012, 15:27
Amazing analysis, Robo, thanks for posting!:thumbsup:

Discussing FM's in any Cliffs of Dover forum is a tricky business; believe me, I KNOW!!! I found your treatise objective and interesting, and found myself nodding emphatically at times.

Again, I would LOVE to see MK.MR.X. in a Spitfire 1a vs two 109 E4's to see how that should be best handled. He could certainly pick the ammo load out of his choice to give best advantage! :Grin:

MK.Mr.X
Mar-25-2012, 19:45
Good said Robo!:thumbsup:

4:30 After this kill, extending from the area defended by AAA back over the sea - checking the situation. Pilot climbs for a few moments then decides to stay low and enter another dogfight low around the coast - excellent tactics to enter a fight in progress and catch the enemy by surprise - here from below, Spitfire never knew what the hell hit him, very nice deflection shooting and deadly from head-on position.
At this time, I was looking for a friend. we were in TS...

At Repka4 you give me the elevator damaged. I jumped..lucky you.:hpyclp:

Again, I would LOVE to see MK.MR.X. in a Spitfire 1a vs two 109 E4's to see how that should be best handled. He could certainly pick the ammo load out of his choice to give best advantage! :Grin:
I do not like Spitfires and Hurrikeyn, so I do not fly on them.
When will the battle for Moscow, I'll be happy to fly on I-16:thumbsup:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2012, 20:48
I do not like Spitfires and Hurrikeyn, so I do not fly on them.

Fair enough!:thumbsup:

Your videos are very good. I learn a lot from them. Thank you for posting them here.

Snapper :salute:

MK.Mr.X
Mar-25-2012, 22:50
Fair enough!:thumbsup:

Your videos are very good. I learn a lot from them. Thank you for posting them here.

Snapper :salute:
Thank ATAG_Snapper.
If the video has helped you, I am very pleased.:thumbsup:
My channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Semashko27?feature=mhee

Dutch
Mar-25-2012, 23:24

Wow! When that comes along, me and MrX'll be on the same side!!

And flying the same aeroplane!!

God I miss my Rata. My record was six 109s in one sortie, they were all boom and zoom, boom and zoom, I just flew around in circles at low level and picked 'em off as they flew past me, unable to turn at all.

Happy days.:happy

Doc
Mar-26-2012, 00:00
Yea I-16 for me as well. Planes are tools and when you master it you're unstoppable.

Robo.
Mar-26-2012, 04:32
As for the comments and analysis, of course one can not hear what is happening on the TS, I can only try to break down what I see on the screen. ;) I am glad if that helps someone, certain things are very difficult to figure out on your own when you're a new pilot and you might not notice some details as ina video of someone whno knows what he's doing it all looks so easy and natural. I know it's a long post but maybe someone sometimes will be interested. I don't speak Russian unfortunately and I am grald Mr.X says I am not too far of the track. I'll try to analyse the rest of the video later when I have some time.

Also, the 1 vs 1 champoinship has just started again as per Ataros's thread on 1c - you'll find the same names from Repka dogfight server participating. All in all strong pilots. It might be useful to watch the tracks and see what was going on. These are duel fights, completely different to what you get in typical MTE on ATAG with your wingman, but some skills are just universal - keeping your E, shooting, clean manoevring, control and timing, experience... definitely worth watching.

I am also looking forward for BoM and I wonder how they do the FM of the Ishak.

At Repka4 you give me the elevator damaged. I jumped..lucky you.:hpyclp:

If you manage to bale out 50m before impact why do you call me lucky? :thumbsup: Good fights anyway as always on that server, good fun.

MK.Mr.X
Mar-26-2012, 04:45
If you manage to bale out 50m before impact why do you call me lucky? :thumbsup: Good fights anyway as always on that server, good fun.
It was not 50 meters and 150-200 meters
Because you're in a hung state hit by one bullet.
You did not conduct aimed fire, it was shooting for good luck.:happy

Robo.
Mar-26-2012, 06:13
It was not 50 meters and 150-200 meters
Because you're in a hung state hit by one bullet.
You did not conduct aimed fire, it was shooting for good luck.:happy

OK OK, still a bit on the low side to bale out from an aircraft pointing to the ground like a dart I suppose :hpyclp: It was good sight and I was happy to see the parachute as I always am.

Yeah you're right, I only do lucky shots all the times. I was just flying my Spitfire, sipping my tea and watching the scennery, when all of a sudden a 109 appears in front of me. It made me jump, bloody hell. I squeezed the trigger in panic and opened side doors by accident as I was trying to adjust my propeller. Then, to my big surprise, the 109 got hit by half a bullet (that was famous 0.151,5 cal) and the 109 pilot had to bale out. I felt so guilty. :uhoh

MK.Mr.X
Mar-26-2012, 07:08
OK OK, still a bit on the low side to bale out from an aircraft pointing to the ground like a dart I suppose :hpyclp: It was good sight and I was happy to see the parachute as I always am.

Yeah you're right, I only do lucky shots all the times. I was just flying my Spitfire, sipping my tea and watching the scennery, when all of a sudden a 109 appears in front of me. It made me jump, bloody hell. I squeezed the trigger in panic and opened side doors by accident as I was trying to adjust my propeller. Then, to my big surprise, the 109 got hit by half a bullet (that was famous 0.151,5 cal) and the 109 pilot had to bale out. I felt so guilty. :uhoh

Yes, think what you want!
That's when you're three times in a row do you hurt me elevators, then I will say that it was no accident. Arranged here clowning, good-bye.

Old_Canuck
Mar-26-2012, 12:46
:thumbsup: Enjoyed those videos. Thanks for posting. Maybe that was how it looked from Hans-Joachim Marseille's cockpit after he mastered deflection shooting. One question MK MrX. Does time seem to slow down for you when you're in intense action or when you're about to pull the trigger? For example, some race car drivers and athletes say that when they're in intense action time seems to go in slow motion.

Peaveywolf
Mar-27-2012, 03:51
Heh, great music. Rammstein is very fitting for the Luftwaffe ;)

Hooves
May-15-2012, 05:22
From watching this vid it looks as if Red has SERIOUS disadvantage with AMMO. Apperantly these high explosive rounds were bigger than overkill IED's in WWII, while the RAF shoots BB's.

How ever I still don't buy that level of skill, especially compared to other extremely good flyers. With this games complete and total lack of anticheat there is no way to tell what files have been modded, to what degree. And with the curious lack of ability to see views when on a "FUll REAL" server (thanks 1C) there is no real way to monitor players and their Aircraft.

Sad really.

ATAG_Septic
May-15-2012, 06:47
Thanks very much for posting the video Mr X. The way you point that 109 is, as I have said before, incredibly skillful.

More thanks to Robo for taking the time to analyse and disseminate an expert view, this is great stuff for me and I can't get enough of it.

I'm going to try and use the Repka server for some serious learning, I just wish I could join without the ATAG name on my profile so as not to cause embarrassment to me or the squad :-)

Thanks again to all who take the time to share their knowledge and expertise.

Cheers,

Septic.

Chair1
May-20-2012, 19:16
Thanks Mr. X for the video and thanks to your Robo. Your analysis of the video gave even more meaning to one who needs help for online play . I seem to just become target practice for the opposing side. I always fly the 109 but need advice like yours and Mr. X videos to learn.:happy

Wulf
Aug-12-2012, 10:27
Wow! That's some of the finest deflection shooting I've ever seen; particularly (Part 2) at 2.45, 5.27, 5.43 and 8.34. Just magic. A real pleasure to watch. Thanks.

Doc
Aug-12-2012, 12:27
He's busy playing Day-Z at the moment.

Wulf
Aug-13-2012, 21:19
.....just one question. As regards convergence; have you zeroed each of your four automatic weapons separately? You appear to have two distances listed for MGs and two for cannon. Am I interpreting that correctly?

MK.Mr.X
Oct-12-2012, 06:59
He's busy playing Day-Z at the moment.

I'm back!
I will fly to the server ATAG constantly...
See you in the sky! :salute:

.....just one question. As regards convergence; have you zeroed each of your four automatic weapons separately? You appear to have two distances listed for MGs and two for cannon. Am I interpreting that correctly?
vertical
Guns in the wings at E3 500
Machine guns in the wings for up to 600 E1
Nasal all 400m
All horizontal 150m

Ohms
Oct-12-2012, 08:02
Oh poop!:)

Doc
Oct-12-2012, 10:32
Nice to have you back!! Now I will destroy you my Spitfire!! :recon:

MK.Mr.X
Nov-21-2012, 07:20
Hi all! Special greetings to the guys with 71st_AН:salute:
Guys, I think you remember this fight. See how it was out of my cab.
Perhaps you analyze your mistakes in this fight.
Always glad to meet you!
I took off. I was flying over channel with climbing and I had spotted 4 contacts at altitude 4000 m. I was following them having thought that somebody chasing somebody. I was really suprised when all of them turn on me and ....:wf:

Improved the quality of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl9SCyV58Hk&list=UUVsMdMurnST7sH1oo20HcbQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Doc
Nov-21-2012, 08:56
Excellent!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dutch
Nov-21-2012, 09:06
Hey, those guys are my friends!! :(

Nice shooting X. :thumbsup:

Robo.
Nov-21-2012, 09:08
Nice video. Their mistake was they were in a Hurricane :thumbsup:

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Nov-21-2012, 09:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzLWWUdUeO8&list=UUVsMdMurnST7sH1oo20HcbQ&index=1&feature=plcp

S! Mr X.

Are you recording with Fraps? Or Another software?

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-21-2012, 09:48
Good video and great shooting! You've told us before that you don't like TrackIR and that is clear in your video. I'm just amazed at how you maintain Situational Awareness so well using pan view. Nice flying!

Furious
Nov-21-2012, 12:21
Not to denigrate Mr X, but it does make life easier when you can take planes out in one pass. Chopping wings and fuselage in half in one pass does make a huge difference. Red side on the other hand- bounce a 109 and put a 3 second burst in him and he'll still out perform you...

Anyway.. we got what we got i suppose.:(

ATAG_Colander
Nov-21-2012, 12:27
Not to denigrate Mr X, but it does make life easier when you can take planes out in one pass. Chopping wings and fuselage in half in one pass does make a huge difference. Red side on the other hand- bounce a 109 and put a 3 second burst in him and he'll still out perform you...

Anyway.. we got what we got i suppose.:(

3 second burst? I'm constantly getting controls disabled by a 0.01 burst from 1 mile away! :)

ATAG_JTDawg
Nov-21-2012, 13:08
Hi all! Special greetings to the guys with 71st_AН:salute:
Guys, I think you remember this fight. See how it was out of my cab.
Perhaps you analyze your mistakes in this fight.
Always glad to meet you!

(You can skip first 8 mins. Taking off and climbing).
I took off. I was flying over channel with climbing and I had spotted 4 contacts at altitude 4000 m. I was following them having thought that somebody chasing somebody. I was really suprised when all of them turn on me and ....:wf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzLWWUdUeO8&list=UUVsMdMurnST7sH1oo20HcbQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Always a great fight with you , an yes, each one of us knew where we screwed up lol, an why . that was me that lost a wing =great shot , an you proved that hurri wings can be shot off ! But was it not just a flight or 2 later , that we returned the favor ? I seem to recall you getting Bader then headed for the deck , probably checking your hair didn't get out of place , when Ohmie me an XE In that order came screaming down from about 10,000 feet ( thought my wings were going to break ) We each made a fast pass on you all getting hits an ohmie came back down for the final shot on you , then you bailed ( thanks for the best bounce we ever had ) Always a great fight with you ! salute ! We have a saying at 71st. How many 71st does it take to kill MR X ==5 BUT 3 IN A PINCH. For you guys that want to know what MR X looks like we have a rare photo ( sorry zoom wasn't working ) 1173

Catseye
Nov-21-2012, 15:19
I see many Spitfires and Hurricanes bursting into flames.

What load out do you use? Incendiary and Armor Piercing?

Thanks.

Furious
Nov-21-2012, 15:30
3 second burst? I'm constantly getting controls disabled by a 0.01 burst from 1 mile away! :)

Specsavers for me then:geek:

I'm usually PK'd with the first bullet tot hit my plane ...

Ohms
Nov-21-2012, 16:47
Well I stayed alive until 15:13 so I will take that as I'm getting better. We just can't get above once we are engaged, oh well. Was fun as always. salute

Ohmie::thumbsup:

MK.Mr.X
Nov-21-2012, 18:39
Nice video. Their mistake was they were in a Hurricane :thumbsup:
They had one Spit2a who could stand back and rise above me .. After that, attack.This is a major mistake made by them.

S! Mr X.

Are you recording with Fraps? Or Another software?
program "Play Claw 3" .I ordered a new video card and capture. Now my videos will be more and better
1.AverMedia Live Gamer HD PCI-E
2.Zotac 2048Mb GF GTX 680 AMP! ZT-60102-10P 2xDVI, HDMI, DP Ret

I see many Spitfires and Hurricanes bursting into flames.

What load out do you use? Incendiary and Armor Piercing?

Thanks.
At E4, explosive shells ...

Guys often ask track departure.
Here's another track departure. I hope that everyone knows how to watch it.
If not, please describe the start to know ... Thank you!
MK.Mr.X в небе над Британией!.trk (http://narod.ru/disk/63881266001.b5bb42179b46aed559061aaf0e3b9677/MK.Mr.X%20%D0%B2%20%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%B5%20%D0% BD%D0%B0%D0%B4%20%D0%91%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0 %BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B9!.trk.html)

AllMattersFecal
Nov-21-2012, 19:57
Guys often ask track departure.
Here's another track departure. I hope that everyone knows how to watch it.
If not, please describe the start to know ... Thank you!
MK.Mr.X в небе над Британией!.trk (http://narod.ru/disk/63881266001.b5bb42179b46aed559061aaf0e3b9677/MK.Mr.X%20%D0%B2%20%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%B5%20%D0% BD%D0%B0%D0%B4%20%D0%91%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0 %BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%D0%B9!.trk.html)

How are you recording tracks on ATAG without getting disconnected?!

ATAG_Colander
Nov-21-2012, 20:16

Yeah, good question (it not on ATAG only btw).

MK.Mr.X
Nov-21-2012, 20:41

I get to write the track, including the only record in the briefing
If included in the plane, then after some time thrown out of the game
But soon, for me the problem would be solved. I'll be writing capture card in the game, no brakes, with a voice
I as the fight will explain how, what and why.
I have three lessons in the video. I talk in lessons, how to fly the ВF-109.
It is bad that the Russian language barrier for you.

I deleted the video. Wanted to make a better picture ,but it was even worse.
In a week I'll post a good quality, if I get a card by mail.
Sorry.:(

ATAG_Snapper
Nov-21-2012, 20:47
"Their mistake was they were in a Hurricane
They had one Spit2a who could stand back and rise above me .. After that, attack.This is a major mistake made by them."

This is exactly why I make sure I walk in the woods with friends who wear heavy boots. I wear light sneakers. When a grizzly bear attacks, I don't have to outrun the bear; I just have to outrun my friends! :devilish:

AllMattersFecal
Nov-21-2012, 21:09
I get to write the track, including the only record in the briefing
If included in the plane, then after some time thrown out of the game
But soon, for me the problem would be solved. I'll be writing capture card in the game, no brakes, with a voice
I as the fight will explain how, what and why.
I have three lessons in the video. I talk in lessons, how to fly the ВF-109.
It is bad that the Russian language barrier for you.

I deleted the video. Wanted to make a better picture ,but it was even worse.
In a week I'll post a good quality, if I get a card by mail.
Sorry.:(

Bit of a language barrier here, but what I'm understanding is that if you click record from the briefing screen before you get in your aircraft it works, but will disconnect you after some time if you start a recording from inside the cockpit?

MK.Mr.X
Nov-21-2012, 21:17
Bit of a language barrier here, but what I'm understanding is that if you click record from the briefing screen before you get in your aircraft it works, but will disconnect you after some time if you start a recording from inside the cockpit?

I have many times is ejected from the game, if you start recording in the cockpit.

ATAG_Colander
Nov-21-2012, 23:33
"Their mistake was they were in a Hurricane
They had one Spit2a who could stand back and rise above me .. After that, attack.This is a major mistake made by them."

This is exactly why I make sure I walk in the woods with friends who wear heavy boots. I wear light sneakers. When a grizzly bear attacks, I don't have to outrun the bear; I just have to outrun my friends! :devilish:

That's precisely why I enter the woods carrying an anvil. Once I drop it, I can run very very fast!

Doc
Nov-22-2012, 00:32
I have many times is ejected from the game, if you start recording in the cockpit.

Interesting. You can record tracks that you start before? I did not know that this worked. I will try. :thumbsup:

Robo.
Nov-22-2012, 05:34
They had one Spit2a who could stand back and rise above me .. After that, attack.This is a major mistake made by them.

Oh yes that makes all the difference :) You know exactly why I said that and what I meant by it. :salute:

Interesting information is that you can start recording tracks from the briefing and it won't make any problems. I didn't know that, thanks.

AllMattersFecal
Nov-29-2012, 18:15
Oh yes that makes all the difference :) You know exactly why I said that and what I meant by it. :salute:

Interesting information is that you can start recording tracks from the briefing and it won't make any problems. I didn't know that, thanks.

Tested and confirmed this the other day with a 45 minute flight with a friend in formation on Operation Daisy. Went on a sweep to Manston then Hawkinge, came back to Eastchurch, and came under engagement for another 20 minutes. The recording spanned through about 5 respawns and multiple aircraft in the area. No crash/disconnect when started from the briefing screen at the beginning of the session.

Doc
Nov-29-2012, 18:30
Tested and confirmed this the other day with a 45 minute flight with a friend in formation on Operation Daisy. Went on a sweep to Manston then Hawkinge, came back to Eastchurch, and came under engagement for another 20 minutes. The recording spanned through about 5 respawns and multiple aircraft in the area. No crash/disconnect when started from the briefing screen at the beginning of the session.

That worked once for me. Then the next two disco me. I think I notice a pattern where the file size gets to a size then stops. How big is size is your trk file? I think mine always stops around 22 or 24 something. Not home to check. But got it to work as X said once out of three tries.

MK.Mr.X
Nov-29-2012, 22:52
That worked once for me. Then the next two disco me. I think I notice a pattern where the file size gets to a size then stops. How big is size is your trk file? I think mine always stops around 22 or 24 something. Not home to check. But got it to work as X said once out of three tries.

Briefing 1 - 1 record!
Briefing 2 = emissions from the server.
Not to throw away, it is necessary to leave the game. Try this.

P.S I made ​​the video better, you can watch.:salute:

=AN=Felipe
Dec-02-2012, 09:19

Not me my friend, not me...

Nice video anyway! You should improve your internet conection to stop with delay shoots =)

MK.Mr.X
Dec-03-2012, 01:08
Not me my friend, not me...

Nice video anyway! You should improve your internet conection to stop with delay shoots =)
Тhanks Felipe!
I have a normal internet.:PP
Felipe,now preparing a new lesson in which you will participate.You're a very good flyer,and I want to show pilots how you competent care from the attacks, as well as how not to get under your counter attack.
I also show you how I cheated your squad today and left you. Do not think that the bad and I'm trying to insult you, it's not.This is my way to relieve the enemy. It works!:hypnotized:
This is a small part of what will be. I only wish that you will not understand what I'm going to say.:ind:

I am respectful to your squad. With you always interesting fight.:salute:

Robo.
Dec-03-2012, 05:22

I think you both have what you call 'normal' internet, but one of you is in Russia, other on in South America - and with the server being in the USA, lots of strange things happen. I am in Europe and there is indeed a problem with the lag on the server, e.g. you see your enemy pointing his nose underneath you and shooting 200m below you, you think you're absolutely safe and then 3 seconds later, the packets finally arrive from across the globe and you find you've been hit in that burst and your aircraft is shot to pieces. It is very difficult to defend as you probably know how important it is to see where your enemy is and where he's pointing his guns to avoid the attack. Often you see the planes going into nasty lag and the 109 you bounced is suddenly behind you. :D Very funny at a times.

I agree your connection is one of the worst I've seen on ATAG but I also know it's not your fault - you're probably somewhere rather East of Moscow, it is what it is... I also agree that fighting against you is always interesting, the internet connection is spoiling it a bit though. I also wish you wouldn't Alt+F2 when you get hit. :thumbsup:

MK.Mr.X
Dec-03-2012, 05:35
I also wish you wouldn't Alt+F2 when you get hit. :thumbsup:
What does that mean?

I have a problem with delays only in the mission of Salmо....(is why I do not fly in it)
In other missions, personally I have no problems.I have a high ping because of the location. When I flew from Japan (5 years, times ADW) Ping was 350 ... Everything was fine, no problems experienced.

Robo.
Dec-03-2012, 06:10
Everything was fine, no problems experienced.

Well no problems for you of course, but for the other people on the server.

Alt + F2 - it means you can exit the plane at any moment with the AI taking over. You got bounced the other day and you were on fire, but all I got was 'AI Bf 109E-4 was killed by Robo., Mr.X killed AI in Bf 109E-4 blah blah - you didn't bale out or die ion the flames because you obviously pressed Alt + F2. I don't mind that, lots of people are doing that when they get hit, but it's funny in a way. That is what I ment.

MK.Mr.X
Dec-03-2012, 06:38
Well no problems for you of course, but for the other people on the server.

Alt + F2 - it means you can exit the plane at any moment with the AI taking over. You got bounced the other day and you were on fire, but all I got was 'AI Bf 109E-4 was killed by Robo., Mr.X killed AI in Bf 109E-4 blah blah - you didn't bale out or die ion the flames because you obviously pressed Alt + F2. I don't mind that, lots of people are doing that when they get hit, but it's funny in a way. That is what I ment.
I remember this case. You gave me a damage by attacking from above. I missed the attack, later noticed you. I had no fire, an engine was damaged.
* I dived and got into the field. Took a new aircraft appeared.
I do not even understand how I killed himself)))))roflmao
I saw your message "))))))":)

Robo.
Dec-03-2012, 07:20
I remember this case. You gave me a damage by attacking from above. I missed the attack, later noticed you. I had no fire, an engine was damaged.
* I dived and got into the field. Took a new aircraft appeared.

Well that's not how it looked from my view :D - you were clearly on fire, climbing, not diving home, and then the AI pilot in the cockpit died (because he didn't bale out from an aircraft with fuel tank ablaze). He was just AI pilot because the human pilot pressed Alt + F2. The XY killed XY 'suicide' message happens when you do Alt + F2 but the pilot dies later anyway.

=AN=Felipe
Dec-03-2012, 07:55
Тhanks Felipe!
Felipe,now preparing a new lesson in which you will participate.You're a very good flyer,and I want to show pilots how you competent care from the attacks, as well as how not to get under your counter attack.
I also show you how I cheated your squad today and left you. Do not think that the bad and I'm trying to insult you, it's not.This is my way to relieve the enemy. It works!:hypnotized:
This is a small part of what will be. I only wish that you will not understand what I'm going to say.:ind:

I am respectful to your squad. With you always interesting fight.:salute:

No problem X! i will no feel insulted by you! Thx for your kind words. I really want to see you new video, so i can correct AN pilots mistakes in dogfights, including me, im not the best red fighter pilot...

You still a good challenge, and my way to respect you is hunting you and shooting you down when you make mistakes =)

Cya in flight mate! :salute:

MK.Mr.X
Dec-03-2012, 07:56
Well that's not how it looked from my view :D - you were clearly on fire, climbing, not diving home, and then the AI pilot in the cockpit died (because he didn't bale out from an aircraft with fuel tank ablaze). He was just AI pilot because the human pilot pressed Alt + F2. The XY killed XY 'suicide' message happens when you do Alt + F2 but the pilot dies later anyway.

AAAA all remember! I confused you with another opportunity ...:whacky:
Yes, you're burning me. I'm on fire! But you've seen that I put out the fire going down
I managed to put out the fire, even though he was hurt badly. This does not prevent me from landing.
I always wanted to check it out, it turns out you can put out the fire!:thumbsup:

Doc
Dec-03-2012, 08:34
Yes, you're burning me. I'm on fire! But you've seen that I put out the fire going down
I managed to put out the fire, even though he was hurt badly. This does not prevent me from landing.
I always wanted to check it out, it turns out you can put out the fire!:thumbsup:

I'll have to try that! :thumbsup:

MK.Mr.X
Dec-08-2012, 16:40
Lesson N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfd-rDyVjY&feature=youtu.be

ATAG_Colander
Dec-08-2012, 19:15
I wish it had close caption!

MK.Mr.X
Dec-08-2012, 19:56
I wish it had close caption!

Sorry, I do not understand?(bad translation translator)

ATAG_Colander
Dec-08-2012, 20:02
The text in english that appears on the video.

This:

http://www.cpcweb.com/solutions/adobe_program_monitor.jpg

:)

MK.Mr.X
Dec-08-2012, 20:41
Now understand ...:) But it is very difficult for me. Translator does not translate a lot of words.
Maybe if you ask Vit_Unit, he will tell you in TS much of the lesson.
He often do you have there...

ChiefRedCloud
Dec-08-2012, 20:53
Very nice Mr X ....... verbal translation or english caption would be nice but I think the lessons are quite clear just as they are. Thanks .... Спасибо...

Doc
Dec-08-2012, 22:39
I have to learn Russian. Vit_Unit?? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

=vit_unit=
Dec-09-2012, 00:29
Let's get it started in here! :PP
First step is you get dictionary with a gramma material:) And learn it by heart!

Roblex
Dec-09-2012, 03:24
As RedCloud said, it would be nice to have a full translation but you can still learn a lot from this and the diagrams help show what you are explaining. Thankyou.

The first video in this post only showed the shots being taken when you already had a good attack angle but now we can see the skill used to get into that good attack angle. To be fair though, if either of those two final spitfires had got the same angle on you and made that same snapshot they would not have been able to shoot you down because the spit does not have enough firepower to consistently take off an enemies wing with a half second burst at anything but perfect convergence range.

How about posting a video of someone outflying you and getting a kill so we can see how they did it :-P

ATAG_Colander
Dec-09-2012, 10:14
Let's get it started in here! :PP
First step is you get dictionary with a gramma material:) And learn it by heart!

I used to have one russian-spanish dictionary. The problem is that I needed to learn my abc's in russian first as I couldn't even find the words! :)

risske
Dec-10-2012, 08:30
I needed to learn my abc's in russian first Hello, Colander! Maybe this helps you http://www.russianlessons.net/lessons/lesson1_main.php
-S-

ATAG_Colander
Dec-10-2012, 09:13
Thanks!

Кoландер

=AN=Felipe
Dec-11-2012, 08:28
Nice video!

I just want to point one thing... ME109 in Cliffs of Dover got overmodelated climb rate, fact, no one can discuss about this...

Best manuver to kill one Spitfire is High Yo Yo, very high... Mr X are correct, he was using what the game offers to him but its far from real on this simulator... unfortunately...

Im not complain, im just talking about how i am impressive looking one 109 climbing against one spitfire... :thumbsup:

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll never surrender and we'll still shooting Blues down =)

Cya! Nice video! :salute:

yoo!

MK.Mr.X
Dec-11-2012, 08:47
Nice video!

I just want to point one thing... ME109 in Cliffs of Dover got overmodelated climb rate, fact, no one can discuss about this...

Best manuver to kill one Spitfire is High Yo Yo, very high... Mr X are correct, he was using what the game offers to him but its far from real on this simulator... unfortunately...

Im not complain, im just talking about how i am impressive looking one 109 climbing against one spitfire... :thumbsup:

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoo!
Thank you Felipe! :thumbsup:
Remember! Messerschmitt not win the battle, win the pilot who operates it! :salute:

=AN=Felipe
Dec-11-2012, 10:02
Thank you Felipe! :thumbsup:
Remember! Messerschmitt not win the battle, win the pilot who operates it! :salute:

Haha Mr X i belive in this words too! But im not talking about this point =)

See you in my 12 o'clock :salute:

Doc
Dec-11-2012, 11:23
Nice video!

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yoo!

That's the spirit!!

Every time I see a formation out in some place you usually don't see anyone it is always AN. Disciplined they are. Makes it a great game.

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-11-2012, 14:45

true you can put out small fires in a dive :thumbsup:

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-11-2012, 14:58

no i will tell you what he is saying ( there is bad guy i do high left roll over wait for stall line up takataka your dead, what do you need translaitor for ) :D always good fight X salute just missed you last night . at hawk should have dropped flaps on that last stall move , i would have been on you like a cheap suit lol next time just maybe :devilish:

MK.Mr.X
Dec-11-2012, 20:37
Or anything special, just beautiful moments ...:shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfd-rDyVjY&feature=youtu.be[/QUOTE]

Doc
Dec-11-2012, 20:58
Beautiful video!! :thumbsup: Great work X!!!

ATAG_Colander
Dec-11-2012, 21:35
:thumbsup::salute:

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-12-2012, 01:23
good shooting

Robo.
Dec-12-2012, 04:04
Amazing shooting! Thanks for the vid X :thumbsup:

Robo.
Dec-12-2012, 04:06
true you can put out small fires in a dive :thumbsup:

Yeah of course you can, but not the thick black 109 smoke... You have about 5-6 seconds to bale out (or press Alt+F2).

Ohms
Dec-12-2012, 12:43
Dear MR X

I would like to thank you once again for giving me a starring role in one of your movies but I would like to know when will I see a royality cheque(show me the money)

Ohmie
P.S JT DAWG wants top billing next time.:)

71st_AH_Code_E
Dec-12-2012, 15:52
Glad I finally got a role in one of your films.
You should have named this one Disappearing Wings. :)

MK.Mr.X
Dec-12-2012, 19:04
Thanks guys for your kind words!:salute:

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-12-2012, 21:07
Dear MR X

I would like to thank you once again for giving me a starring role in one of your movies but I would like to know when will I see a royality cheque(show me the money)

Ohmie
P.S JT DAWG wants top billing next time.:)

Do not ! :stunned: I pm 'ed MR X an did let him know 71st is using EF (EAGLE FLIGHT) with like D for Dawg , X for XE-90 ,T for Timboy , etc. then i told him that the big O on your plane was like a bulls eye , an told him if he could shoot the O out of your plane , i would send him 20 dollars , so he can't be that good of shot , i just keep seeing wings come off ! :PP

ATAG_JTDawg
Dec-12-2012, 21:12
Glad I finally got a role in one of your films.
You should have named this one Disappearing Wings. :)

roflmao SORRY roflmao Disappearing wings roflmao

kopperdrake
Dec-13-2012, 04:38
Nice videos, but the one thing the final video highlighted for me was the number of planes having their wings shot off. That is such a rare occurrence when flying a red fighter. If the roles in the video were reversed and they were Spits/Hurris shooting 109s, I am sure the victim's plane would have some light bursts of fire in their wings, which mostly would blow out, and the victim would escape. Having never flown a 109 that video was a real eye-opener for me. Not complaining in the slightest, that's not my style. But now I'm even more chuffed for shooting down a 109 :)

Roblex
Dec-13-2012, 13:22
Nice videos, but the one thing the final video highlighted for me was the number of planes having their wings shot off. That is such a rare occurrence when flying a red fighter. If the roles in the video were reversed and they were Spits/Hurris shooting 109s, I am sure the victim's plane would have some light bursts of fire in their wings, which mostly would blow out, and the victim would escape. Having never flown a 109 that video was a real eye-opener for me. Not complaining in the slightest, that's not my style. But now I'm even more chuffed for shooting down a 109 :)

Actually if you look at his videos you will see two or three of Mr X flying a hurricane. It shows he is still a very good pilot but without that 88mm AA gun, he does not get more than a radiator leak out of his first attacks and has to chase the streaming 109s round the sky for at least another two minutes before he gets a kill (and we have to assume he is only posting his less embarrassing attacks). Much as I admire his skill at setting up attacks and manoeuvring I know several red pilots who are consistently better at getting one pass kills when flying spits or hurris because they had to learn how to finish off 109s quickly with less firepower before the 109 climbed out of reach again.

EDIT:
Just re-watched http://youtu.be/-FqMyBw4g94 and, despite some impressive flying and some very solid hits, I only saw two kills credited to Mr X in the buffer out of around 6 separate attacks (some were long chases and some may be second attacks on earlier victims) made over 7.5 minutes! If that is how hard Mr X finds flying red then it makes you wonder how we ever get anywhere.

shammy
Jan-07-2013, 04:42
Hello gentlemen!
I always wonder, why there's no any allied pilots vid in this thread. So I decided to make one, but faced the problem - I don't like these edited "best-ever-shots" videos (and BTW I donno how to use any video editor :D ). Then I just flew a usual sortie on Spit MkI 100oct over a french coast and turned on Fraps when spotted first enemy contact.
So this is a usual fight as I see it from my cockpit, with all mistakes, bad aim etc.. Hope You'll enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4levfNRadbo