PDA

View Full Version : Asia, NZ, AUS monthly gathering -any interest?

ATAG_Ezzie
Sep-01-2014, 17:09
G'day fellow Aussies, kiwis and Asian friends,

As we all know the ATAG servers can be pretty quiet in our time zones in pm hours (ie after dinner),especially during the week. In my case I now do most of my flying early in the mornings when the servers are pretty full. But thats not helping our situation and if everyone in our time zones did what I am doing the servers would be even quieter. So I've been trying to think about ways to make our pm experience a bit more like the uk/euro pm experience. For those who haven't flown on a near full server it's a very different experience than flying on the server with only a handful of flyers.

I know there's a reasonable number of us (Asians,Kiwis and Aussies) playing COD and I'm wondering if there would be any interest in trying to get us all together flying once per month? This might be useful for a couple of reasons as it might give us a good idea of how many of us there are in our time zones and maybe start to generate a critical mass of pm players in our time zones. Maybe.....

So what I was thinking - if there was interest - was to select a time (maybe the second Sunday of each month from 1800 -2300 sydney time as an initial suggestion) and see how many of us can make it for an hour or 3 during this time. No need to sign up or do anything special other than to try and make it.

Sunday night would also possibly give us some uk/euro/Russian Sunday day flyers to fly with as well and we might get a reasonably full server as a result. Another option might be to pick a mid week night/time.

It's possible that this might have been tried before -if so, can any of the blokes who have been here for a while and maybe tried this before let us know what happened when it was tried before?

Anyway just putting this out there to see if there's any interest. If there is then the next step will be to settle on a night/time.

Ezzie

xvii-Dietrich
Sep-01-2014, 18:28
Anyway just putting this out there to see if there's any interest. If there is then the next step will be to settle on a night/time.

Our group (XVII. Fliegerkorps) are mostly euro, but we do often keep very late hours. I've posted a link to your thread on our own forums, so our group knows about it. Just let us know the times and we'll do our best to join in.

ATAG_Naz
Sep-04-2014, 21:22
Good idea mate, I generally only fly on weekend mornings now for the same reasons.

I work funny hours which change from week to week so no matter what time is set in advance I cant guarantee regular attendance, however, if I am available on any given set date/time I will do my very best to attend.

Good luck, would love to see this kick off.

:salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Sep-04-2014, 22:39
Thanks Naz -understood re funny hours. Will let u know if we settle on a date/time.

Ezzie

ATAG_Torian
Sep-05-2014, 23:54
Good initiative Ezzie. I would certainly like to join in shiftwork permitting. Away from home until the 14th of Sept. I have some good maps I have made that we could use for co-op style missions if there is any interest.

Salmo
Sep-06-2014, 04:17
I too would be interested shiftwork permitting. GMT+10

kookaburra
Sep-07-2014, 03:07
Hi Ezzie, a good idea, I would be interested, I am located in Queensland so 1800-2300 hours one Sunday evening a month would suit me fine.

Hendrix
Sep-07-2014, 07:11
Great idea Ezzie I'm up for that.

ATAG_Ezzie
Sep-07-2014, 16:36
Thanks everyone -looks like we got a good amount of interest. I had a look at the server stats last night (being Sunday night down here) and there was ~30 people playing. So if we bring another 10+ ish that will start to be a nicely populated server in our pm time zone.

Re date. How would Sunday 2weeks (21 Sep) from now be for everyone? If its as good as any then how bout we settle on that day and see how we go?

Like I said in the OP no need to sign up and all you have to do is to try and make it sometime between 1800 - 2300 sydney time. This time should allow those east and west of sydney (NZ, WA etc) and north /south to get some time at a reasonable hour.

Depending on how this goes we could maybe see what Torrian has to offer re his co-op if he's still willing at a later date to run those.

Thanks for your interest thus far.

Ezzie

Screamadelica
Sep-07-2014, 22:18
Great idea Ezzie! I might have to finally take the challenge and fly online.
Cheers, Scream.

ATAG_Ezzie
Sep-07-2014, 22:34
Look fwd to seeing u online Scream.

I flew il-2 pretty much daily / weekly offline for ~10 years and never thought to give online flying a try. But I took the plunge with COD earlier this year and found online flying to be excellent experience - well worth giving it a go. For some reason the adrenaline really flows when flying online against other humans in a way it never does when shooting AI flown aircraft or being shot at by AI aircraft. Be an interesting topic to study and find out why this is physiologically/psychologically but I don't think I'm smart enough to figure it out.

Ezzie

Blue-lph
Feb-01-2015, 02:21
Hi Ezzie,
If you'll accept a newbie to this game, I'm in.

Keenable
Feb-02-2015, 01:08
I'd be interested too.

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-02-2015, 22:24
Hi Ezzie,
If you'll accept a newbie to this game, I'm in.

G'day Blue ,

This never really got going. I had to travel so was unable to attend the first one and then mission building took up most of my COD time so I wasn't playing during week nights.

As more kiwi / Aussie / Asian / Indian players get onboard with COD then mid week nightime flying might gather momentum.

Ezzie

Blue-lph
Feb-06-2015, 21:47
Oh crap. Sorry bout that Ezzie, my enthusiasm for the game got the better of me. I should've noticed the areas concerned.

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-06-2015, 21:49
Oh crap. Sorry bout that Ezzie, my enthusiasm for the game got the better of me. I should've noticed the areas concerned.

No probs Blue. Glad to see your enthusiasm!!

Ezzie

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Mar-20-2018, 01:13
Bump.

Silent and I were discussing low numbers on the server tonight as there usually are at those sort of times. We got to talking about how an event might bring up a bit of interest and then I remembered seeing this thread. As there's been a bit of an influx of new Aussie players especially over the past year, we were wondering if taking a look at this again might be an idea.

Any interested? :salute:

SIA_Sp00k
Mar-20-2018, 05:12
I’m interested but 2030hrs more suitable for me. Weekends suit better.
Pity we don’t have an Aussie related map. Papua for example. Be nice with the P40 and Beau later on.of course then we need some Japanese vehicles lol.Ahh jungle fighting in the Pacific. Now I bet that would draw a crowd.

ATAG_Pattle
Mar-20-2018, 05:29
Thanks for bringing this one back Kiwi.

Im good every second week from 2030.

Bit hard to do it earlier.

Pattle:salute:

gonk
Mar-20-2018, 21:34
I will try and make them...rotating shift work sux...but living in a cardboard box sux more...☺

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Mar-20-2018, 22:34
Cool to see we have people interested. What I might do is see what times people are good for and on what days, then set a date from there. Currently thinking about Friday evenings AUS/NZ time. What do people think is a good interval - fortnightly perhaps?

Also this isn't intended to be an organised event - just a named time where people try to turn up and give the server numbers a bit of a boost, hopefully giving some of us Antipodean fliers a bit of a chance to experience a more full server than there usually is during Australasian evenings.

HurricaneHarvest
Mar-21-2018, 03:55
I'd be interested if I could CO 264 sqn over the channel, defending shipping .. maybe in the future ? :-P

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-21-2018, 04:06
Good to see this being talked about again - thanks kiwi. Mid week is tricky to find time especially with football season now underway. Sunday night is the best night for me but will see what i can do if another day is selected.

Ezzie

Kayo
Mar-21-2018, 06:35
...Sunday night is the best night for me ...

Ezzie

Oh, that would be fine to meet a lot of you guys when we European guys at FG28 have our regular Sunday morning flights 9-13 CET. Is sometimes a little bit empty on the server, especially in the beginning.

FG28_Kayo

BOO
Mar-21-2018, 10:18
As Kayo said, the Euro Sunday morning would probably attract a good few players from the civilised side of the world also. The old SOW would see players turning out a 6AM if something was on.

Archwarder
Mar-21-2018, 20:17
I fully endorse this product and or service.

Dingo
Mar-29-2018, 08:44
I'm in, great idea

AusNorman
Apr-05-2018, 09:57
I'd be very Keen :) Hate flying at 5am lol

InvalidFace
Apr-05-2018, 10:27
Is this happening this sunday?

If so ill be joining

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Apr-05-2018, 15:45
Could have sworn I had put the announcement out :doh:

My apologies for the short notice - that aside, the first get-together will be held on 0800 Sunday 8 April UTC. (2000 NZ time, 1800 Sydney time, 1730 Adelaide time, 1600 Perth time)

This may be a little on the early side but this is probably going to run for 3-odd hours so don't be worried if you can't make the start.

Also, there won't be any formal structure to the way this is run but you are welcome to get raids going to spice up the evening.

Please spread the word on Teamspeak and elsewhere to anyone else who might want to come along and fill the skies. See you all there :salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Apr-06-2018, 01:47
Could have sworn I had put the announcement out :doh:

My apologies for the short notice - that aside, the first get-together will be held on 0800 Sunday 8 April UTC. (2000 NZ time, 1800 Sydney time, 1730 Adelaide time, 1600 Perth time)

This may be a little on the early side but this is probably going to run for 3-odd hours so don't be worried if you can't make the start.

Also, there won't be any formal structure to the way this is run but you are welcome to get raids going to spice up the evening.

Please spread the word on Teamspeak and elsewhere to anyone else who might want to come along and fill the skies. See you all there :salute:

Thanks Kiwi - will try and be there, perhaps closer to 1930 Syd time.

Ezzie

DerDa
Apr-06-2018, 04:19
Hey, that will be a busy morning for FG28 :-)

Great to see more action on our Sunday mornings.
On the blue side of things we usually also get FatCat and Grach and some others. I hope some of you Commonwealth guys will join us red flying Germans :-):-):-)

ATAG_Pattle
Apr-06-2018, 05:33
Hey Kiwi. I will most likely be on same time as Ezzie.

Looking forward to it :salute:

ATAG_Torian
Apr-06-2018, 05:48
Should be able to make it.

Dingo
Apr-06-2018, 05:53
I'll be there, thanks

SIA_Sp00k
Apr-06-2018, 06:45
Sydney time, Sydney time, Sydney time. Hellooooo, Canberra is the nations Capital City! We own the clock!

Screamadelica
Apr-07-2018, 00:55
NBN is being cabled into the town as we speak, should be installed by June, at least that's what Telstra has promised. Once I can get broadband I'll be ready to go.:thumbsup:
Looking forward to finally being able to do some online flying.
Save a few 109s for me.
Cheers, Scream.

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Apr-08-2018, 07:17
Thanks to everyone for showing up - all together we had about a peak of 20-25 players. Blue was conducting coordinated attacks on Fall Rot to try and win the map to get New Dawn Fades on, and we did get it - with only 5 min remaining! Great fun.

Might repeat this in another couple of weeks, same time. I know we have more people in these timezones - see you at the next one. :thumbsup:

DerDa
Apr-08-2018, 10:43
Lots of fun on a busy Sunday morning.
I hope the Antipodean gentlemen will continue to show up :)

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Dec-20-2018, 23:41
So in my last post I said a couple of weeks later (two weeks, even) I would put up another post about this. :hide:

Well, two weeks later (plus some other weeks) here it is!

How does 0800 UTC Sunday 6th January sound for getting some Down Under numbers on the server? By my calculations that is 2100 NZDT - 1900 AEDT - 1830 ACDT - 1600 AWST.

Any player anywhere is welcome to join, provided you can stay awake. There is also no organisation for what sort of flying goes on - turn up and fly what you like.

See you there :thumbsup:

ATAG_Torian
Dec-21-2018, 01:57
Umm...wouldn't 2100 NZDT be 1900 AEDT ?

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Dec-21-2018, 02:00
Never mind my calculations :doh:

ATAG_Ezzie
Dec-21-2018, 17:23
will hopefully be available for this - thanks Kiwi.

Kayo
Dec-22-2018, 02:56
Good news for us! We in FG28 have been quite lonely on the Servers the last few Sunday mornings here in Europe.

ATAG_Ezzie
Dec-22-2018, 16:12
Good news for us! We in FG28 have been quite lonely on the Servers the last few Sunday mornings here in Europe.

Yeah i have missed my Sunday duels with FG28 - hope to see you (first) all soon..

Ezzie

ATAG_Torian
Jan-05-2019, 21:15
So in my last post I said a couple of weeks later (two weeks, even) I would put up another post about this. :hide:

Well, two weeks later (plus some other weeks) here it is!

How does 0800 UTC Sunday 6th January sound for getting some Down Under numbers on the server? By my calculations that is 2100 NZDT - 1900 AEDT - 1830 ACDT - 1600 AWST.

Any player anywhere is welcome to join, provided you can stay awake. There is also no organisation for what sort of flying goes on - turn up and fly what you like.

See you there :thumbsup:

Tonite guys :flying::flying2::snoopy::vulture:

ATAG_Ezzie
Jan-06-2019, 06:08
Good to see everyone just now. Some good duels with FG28 while Soldat and Silent did some ground pounding.

DerDa
Jan-06-2019, 08:30
Ezzie in 110 with Pattle flying cover in a 109 is an absolutely deadly combination!

ATAG_Pattle
Jan-06-2019, 14:03
Thanks Mate.

We aim to please :devilish:

Was great o see good numbers and some sharp fighting.

Salute all.

Pattle :salute:

Artist
Jan-07-2019, 17:48
Ezzie in 110 with Pattle flying cover in a 109 is an absolutely deadly combination!
As I personally had to find out. Barely made it back to the ground.
:-)

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Jan-07-2019, 19:27
Looks like everyone had fun :thumbsup:

How does 0800 UTC Sunday 20th Jan sound for the next one? As before - no organisation, no obligation, just turn up and fly. Might make a post on the IL-2 forums as well to see if there is any interest over there.

ATAG_Ezzie
Jan-07-2019, 21:35
As I personally had to find out. Barely made it back to the ground.

My luck ran out a bit later on when i was hunted down like a stray dog by a beau-spit combo. Just managed to bail out before my 110 hit the ground.

Good fun.

ATAG_Ezzie
Jan-07-2019, 21:37
Looks like everyone had fun :thumbsup:

How does 0800 UTC Sunday 20th Jan sound for the next one? As before - no organisation, no obligation, just turn up and fly. Might make a post on the IL-2 forums as well to see if there is any interest over there.

Sounds good Kiwi. I should be able to make it around 2000 Sydney time.

Ezzie

ATAG_Soldat
Jan-07-2019, 23:31
Yes I'll be there

Cheers Soldat

DerDa
Jan-08-2019, 02:00
As far as FG28 is concerned:

https://mmleonard.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/any_given_sunday_2_ukquad.jpg?w=662

:)

ATAG_Pattle
Jan-08-2019, 03:29
One of my favourite movies ever DerDa :)

Kayo
Jan-27-2019, 07:34
Ok guys, FG28 is missing you quite a lot the last few Sundays.
Almost no blue opposition so we Bomber jockeys constantly hassle our Fighter boys to add an engine and some bombs to their slender pieces of flying equipment and join us in rolling the maps. Some more Sundays like that and we will see even one of the here in the forum well known FG28 members (which name we will not reveal here with respect to his reputation as Spitfire jockey) taking to a Blenheim. With bombs! :goofy
You cannot really want that to happen, can you?
Hope to see you soon again in a Sunday morning/evening NZ/AUS-FG28-clash.:-)

DerDa
Jan-27-2019, 08:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_E2EHVxNAE

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Jan-27-2019, 13:41
Okay then... :)

How about 0800 GMT Sunday 10th February? As before that is 2100 NZDT - 1900 AEDT - 1830 ACDT - 1600 AWST.​ Let's give FG28 some company!

ATAG_Ezzie
Jan-27-2019, 18:07
Sorry FG28. Been busy sunday nights last few weeks but hopefully i will be ok in coming weeks.

Ezzie

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-04-2019, 03:41
Good fun last night. Plenty of action near Le Havre. Still working out how to deal with Beaufighters - tough opponents.

:salute: FG28

SharkBait
Feb-04-2019, 03:52
Okay then... :)

How about 0800 GMT Sunday 10th February? As before that is 2100 NZDT - 1900 AEDT - 1830 ACDT - 1600 AWST.​ Let's give FG28 some company!

I would be interested! I am in ICT (GMT+7) so I may end up being an hour or so late, but would love to fly with you all again.

EDIT ----

Ah, scratch that... I won't have access to my rig this Sunday (as I'm on the road)... Thought this was the Sunday after.

DerDa
Feb-04-2019, 04:30
I would be interested! I am in ICT (GMT+7) so I may end up being an hour or so late, but would love to fly with you all again.

EDIT ----

Ah, scratch that... I won't have access to my rig this Sunday (as I'm on the road)... Thought this was the Sunday after.

We are there each and every sunday! You're most welcome to join!

And we are still waiting to see Kiwiflieger's haka! :D

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-04-2019, 06:34
We are there each and every sunday! You're most welcome to join!

And we are still waiting to see Kiwiflieger's haka! :D

http://youtu.be/3Fhfzi-d21A

Just gentel teasing - the All Black Haka is awesome to see live and even most long suffering australian rugby fans like myself appreciate it for its cultural meaning etc etc. i was lucky enough to play a nz side (not the all blacks) many years ago and they did a Haka which was a highlight for me. They ended up beating us easily which wasnt a highlight tho.

Ezzie

Kayo
Feb-04-2019, 11:52
Good fun last night. Plenty of action near Le Havre. Still working out how to deal with Beaufighters - tough opponents.

Good fun to have you in front of 4x20mm for once.
But so easy to get suprised when you sneak up in the Beaus 6 and the Obserever is at his 5 minute tea break. Want this 110 Canopy in the Beau (or an observer that is not member of a trade union with 5 min break each working hour)

Artist
Feb-10-2019, 04:22
The FG28 is destroying one target after another ... Where are the Asians, New Zealanders, and Australians?

ATAG_Ezzie
Feb-10-2019, 05:41
Better late than never Artist!

Artist
Feb-10-2019, 08:34
Yeah, and then shoot me down!
Grrrr.

Well, I was really asking for it.

SharkBait
Mar-04-2019, 02:46
Just curious if this is still a thing... I do miss flying in a more populated server with nice wing mates!

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-04-2019, 03:33
Just curious if this is still a thing... I do miss flying in a more populated server with nice wing mates!

It varies but weve been getting about 10 players sunday evening oz time. Usually 6-8 FG28 pilots versus small number of blue fliers. Still manage to have some good duels.

Best time for oz timezone is sat, sun and mon morning from about 0600-1000 ish.

Ezzie

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-10-2019, 07:17
:salute: FG28.

Nice flying today/tonight!

Ezzie

DerDa
Mar-10-2019, 07:42
It was left to us Germans of FG28 to defend Britain from all these Australians by bombing France ...

hmmm ...
:):):)

ATAG_Vampire
Mar-10-2019, 08:18
I need to take a minute to get my head around that one DerDa! :S

07 :salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Mar-11-2019, 05:04
It was left to us Germans of FG28 to defend Britain from all these Australians by bombing France ...

hmmm ...
:):):)y

We are just defending our urn....

ATAG_Torian
Mar-24-2019, 00:16
The nefarious FG28 will once again be attempting to raid our hard won liberation of France. The French have requested the glorious Luftwaffe defend them against unprovoked RAF aggression. From 7pm Sunday nites Aussie eastern (daylight saving) time.

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Mar-24-2019, 00:26
Have found it difficult to get on Sunday nights recently but will try tonight to give FG28 'what-for' :salute:

Artist
Apr-07-2019, 16:18
The FG28, feeling lonely and forsaken without their opponents from the Far Side of the World today, would like to call their attention to the fact that since the change to summertime in Europe on March 31st (+ 1h) and Wintertime in Australia and New Zealand (-1 h) on April 7th (afaik) we have moved closer (in timezones) by two hours: Our usual takeoff time at 9:00am (7:00 GMT) is now around 17:00, not 19:00 as before, in the land of our worthy adversaries ...

We sincearly hope that this will not prevent further good natured brawls over the channel.

ATAG_Pattle
Apr-07-2019, 16:51
Will be there next weekend Artist.

After the airshow, had a 3 hour drive home, then put my rig back together again. Fortunately all is working after an Airforce of budding pilots had a go yesterday!

ATAG_kiwiflieger
Apr-08-2019, 01:12
Earlier on Sunday is much better for me, hopefully I will be able to get some time in. :flying:

Black Jack 1
Apr-08-2019, 09:18
I will join as well. Work permitting.:salute:

ATAG_Ezzie
Dec-01-2019, 06:23
After a 6 month hiatus i flew a sunday night (oz) session. Good fun duelling with fg28 and i even managed some blue on blue - sorry Boo. My homework tonight is to count to 2 - 2 tails good, 1 tail bad.

Got about 10-15 players by the time i left which was good to see. Might try again next Sunday.

Ezzie

DerDa
Dec-01-2019, 07:09
Was good to see you again!

Later on there were a lot more Blue pilots joining, things got rather lively for us.

S!

DerDa

Kayo
Dec-01-2019, 08:35
Yes, that was good action there for us trying to destroy a fuel depot. Even our escort need to train counting to 2 before opening fire...

BOO
Dec-01-2019, 11:57
After a 6 month hiatus i flew a sunday night (oz) session. Good fun duelling with fg28 and i even managed some blue on blue - sorry Boo. My homework tonight is to count to 2 - 2 tails good, 1 tail bad.

Got about 10-15 players by the time i left which was good to see. Might try again next Sunday.

Ezzie

Totally understandable Ezzie. I mean i assume that youre new to the type and unfamilar with its layout. Do you fly the 110 often?? :) I was cursing the hell out of my gunner for not calling out the contact!!

I was going to post something similar - Sunday mornings are a blast with the downunder stayer uppers and FG28. Id forgotten just how much so. Great mix of getting a mission done and some loonacy from FG28. Beware the pop pop in the Bleinheim, Kayo and his single .303 did as good a job on me as those 20 mike mkes of your 110!!.

BOO
Dec-01-2019, 13:06
There was a moment when Kayo was all over me when i was thinking "its fine - Ezzie will cover this, he cant be far away i just crossed with him"

Then

"Ezzie has returned to base"
"Ezzie has landed safely"

then it all went red...

Kayo
Dec-01-2019, 13:50
There was a moment when Kayo was all over me when i was thinking "its fine - Ezzie will cover this, he cant be far away i just crossed with him"

Then

then it all went red...
I assume Ezzie needed to land to have a quick look on the aircraft recognition tables, wondering ”Äh, how was sädd now, two finns is gut, won finn is bäd” :goofy

DerDa
Dec-01-2019, 15:34
and some loonacy from FG28.

Whut? Loonacy from us???
Never!

:crazyeyes::die::coffeeyes::satisfied:

The most serious squad in the air!

ATAG_Ezzie
Dec-02-2019, 02:31

Then

then it all went red...

Lol - i only just managed to get it down.

ATAG_Highseas
Dec-02-2019, 07:03
Whut? Loonacy from us???
Never!

:crazyeyes::die::coffeeyes::satisfied:

The most serious squad in the air!

That's the spirt!

Deny everything !!

:dthumb:

Artist
Dec-02-2019, 16:28
Deny what?

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Dec-08-2019, 15:23

Unfortunately there seems to be not anti-tactics working against that damned " Flying-cheat " ( As I've lovely renamed it ), especially if flown by an expert pilot. Even 109s have difficulties against it sometimes.

I've tried everything at every altitude...that thing under every condition outturn, outclimb, outpower the Bf 110 C-4/N in a ridicolous way. That's a Me-262 not a Beau. :)

Your dive speed is slightly superior but that advantage is completely annulled by the fact that it can hit you from New York. ( 1 hit in my tail, tail off, 20mm cannons burst into him he flies normally )

Only two things working so far :

- Take him completely by surprise. Soon as he escapes your initial attack you are dead. No way to dogfight against it.

- Climb above 8000 meters. That's their max climb altitude ( but be careful to their 1km away lethal shoots destroying your plane even if they pass closeby )

More than one time I've left the server if there was a Beau around. Useless any attempt to having a dogfight against it. ( ...and this should be an aircraft who took only slaps in the face by the Bf 110s... )

Kayo
Dec-09-2019, 02:27
Unfortunately there seems to be not anti-tactics working against that damned " Flying-cheat " ( As I've lovely renamed it ), especially if flown by an expert pilot. Even 109s have difficulties against it sometimes.

I've tried everything at every altitude...that thing under every condition outturn, outclimb, outpower the Bf 110 C-4/N in a ridicolous way. That's a Me-262 not a Beau. :)

Your dive speed is slightly superior but that advantage is completely annulled by the fact that it can hit you from New York. ( 1 hit in my tail, tail off, 20mm cannons burst into him he flies normally )

Only two things working so far :

- Take him completely by surprise. Soon as he escapes your initial attack you are dead. No way to dogfight against it.

- Climb above 8000 meters. That's their max climb altitude ( but be careful to their 1km away lethal shoots destroying your plane even if they pass closeby )

More than one time I've left the server if there was a Beau around. Useless any attempt to having a dogfight against it. ( ...and this should be an aircraft who took only slaps in the face by the Bf 110s... )

Mölders,next time you hesitate to join the ATAG-server a Sunday morning just give us a shout we will then immediately leaving our Space Shuttles/Cheat-planes and jump into Blennies instead. Oh no wait, you observed that she could also do impossible maneuvers, damn it.
Seems we need to choose unarmed Tiger Moths to make sure we do not feel like cheaters afterward?

Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders
Dec-09-2019, 11:06
Mölders,next time you hesitate to join the ATAG-server a Sunday morning just give us a shout we will then immediately leaving our Space Shuttles/Cheat-planes and jump into Blennies instead. Oh no wait, you observed that she could also do impossible maneuvers, damn it.
Seems we need to choose unarmed Tiger Moths to make sure we do not feel like cheaters afterward?

I'm sorry and I apologise if you have inteded it that way, it was absolutely not my intention to offend you nor anyone else with my comment. Please note that my comments are referred ONLY to the aircraft itself and not to any player, even vaguely.
Last but not least, I can assure you, that the eventual problems that I may have ( or not ) with certain player/s it's not referred to any AUS pilot/s, of which I have big respect being all, IMHO, honorable and skilled virtual pilots.

Let me know anytime if you prefer that I will edit my reply above ( I mean deleting all the text in it ), but if so, I would like to gently request you if you can do the same with your, thanks.

My best regards to you and the AUS community and, again, my sincere apologies if I may have offended, unintentionally, you or anyone else with my statements in the previous reply!

Here there's a virtual beer that I would like to offer you, I hope you will enjoy it with me, mate! ;) :alcohol:

Kayo
Dec-09-2019, 13:12
No no, I am not from the other side of the globe, I am European as you are. We, the FG28, just meet with the guys from the other side on the globe sometimes on Sunday mornings and have nice little encounters like described by Ezzie. We fly more or less exclusively red and have a blast flying the Beaufighter sometimes despite often being shot down by not only 109s but also 110s (for example by Ezzie).
I reacted on your statement concerning the Beaufighters exaggerated capability or maybe more about the 110s incapability if we add your previous posts in Cliffs.
I do really not understand why you keep on complaining about it. Get the facts about speed, turn rates, weapon impact, etc., provide them to Team Fusion so they can fix the flight model for either the Beau or the 110 if there is anything to fix and it is done.
But please do not talk about Flying-cheat or anything like this if you do not have facts.

I understand it is sometimes frustrating if it seems impossible to win a fight, believe me, we have these situations a lot on our side when this b... 109 zoom-climbs as if they have a small hidden rocket-booster under the belly, but we know, they might just be using their plane to its strength and we don't.
And I have respect for guys like you and Ezzie who use an obviously in many aspects inferior aircraft but try to fight on their terms. We do that as well, nothing is more fun than hit a 110 with the single .303 of the Blennie and see it go down, but that maybe happens only in 1 of 10 encounters when the opponent has chosen the wrong tactics.

So stop complaining and improve your tactics, come get a Beau and experience her weak spots (I promise there are a lot).
Soon the Beaus anyhow will be engaged more in strike missions than dogfights when we finally get these lovely bombs under the wings.

See you in the skies! :alcohol:

BOO
Dec-09-2019, 16:08
nothing is more fun than hit a 110 with the single .303 of the Blennie and see it go down, but that maybe happens only in 1 of 10 encounters when the opponent has chosen the wrong tactics.

I was playing all the right tactics....but not necessarily in the right order. :-)

ATAG_Noofy
Dec-09-2019, 16:35
We fly more or less exclusively red and have a blast flying the Beaufighter sometimes despite often being shot down by not only 109s but also 110s (for example by Ezzie).

... and by G50's :)

Kayo
Dec-09-2019, 17:05
... and by G50's :)

Yes, I hate these little bastards. My memory seems to wipe out these sad moments of humiliation. :grrr:

Kayo
Dec-09-2019, 17:06
I was playing all the right tactics....but not necessarily in the right order. :-)

How could you possibly figure out I meant you???

Oh sh... I forgot. I deny everything!