Chuck_Owl
Sep-03-2014, 07:49
CHUCK’S GUIDE TO IL-2 BATTLE OF STALINGRAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3WV9zRFRwMDJVWGc&authuser=0

AIRCRAFT OPERATION TABLE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-uSpZROuEd3dWlZYVFyR2RRQ3c&authuser=0

farley
Sep-03-2014, 08:22
Are you kidding me Chuck? You put all of this together! Where do yo find the time??

These are great, even if i don't fly all of the planes, it's really nice to see how they are laid out.
And for the planes i do end up flying, these will be invaluable for helping me to get to know the plane, and to get them into the air.

The extras, such as how to estimate fuel consumption, key mapping, explaining braking systems, etc, just add to the understanding of the planes, and the sim.

Thanks so much for sharing these. They should be stickied for sure. Excellent compilation!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: One for each plane!

ATAG_((dB))
Sep-03-2014, 11:19
The funny things with your guide Chuck is that you want to try them all. Nicely done :thumbsup:

o7

9./JG52 Ziegler
Sep-03-2014, 13:43
Thanks Chuck O :salute:

AA_Engadin
Sep-03-2014, 13:58
Thanks so much mate. Yours is an outstandingly well done job, a mix of various POVs.

I'll do enjoy it all soon, somewhere in the near future. :ilike:

AA_Engadin

Chuck_Owl
Sep-03-2014, 23:18
Are you kidding me Chuck? You put all of this together! Where do yo find the time??

These are great, even if i don't fly all of the planes, it's really nice to see how they are laid out.
And for the planes i do end up flying, these will be invaluable for helping me to get to know the plane, and to get them into the air.

The extras, such as how to estimate fuel consumption, key mapping, explaining braking systems, etc, just add to the understanding of the planes, and the sim.

Thanks so much for sharing these. They should be stickied for sure. Excellent compilation!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: One for each plane!

Well, it's funny because when I completed these guides, I felt an urge to fire up CloD instead.

Being able to flip switches is something that I really, REALLY miss.

ATAG_Naz
Sep-04-2014, 00:07
Stirling work old boy !

:thumbsup::salute::thumbsup:

LuseKofte
Sep-04-2014, 02:50
Well my setup is perfekt for cod, I dont have to use clickable feature. However this is the most problematic issue with BOS , the lack of hotas control.
But one has to live with it

Hood
Sep-04-2014, 04:38
Being able to flip switches is something that I really, REALLY miss.

Making the guides must have driven you mad then!

:)

Excellent guides Chuck - very well done.

:thumbsup:

Hood

9./JG52 Mindle
Sep-04-2014, 04:57
If you are not the man Chuck, i don't know who is. Thank you!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Chuck_Owl
Sep-04-2014, 05:10
Making the guides must have driven you mad then!

:)

Excellent guides Chuck - very well done.

:thumbsup:

Hood

Not mad... not... not yet... yet... :D

I like flipping switches... 'makes you understand how the aircraft works a bit more. The BoS aircraft have "automated" start-up sequences (all levers and switches are done in the correct order, but you can't do anything other than watch the animation), which is nice but I would have liked to be able to do these procedures myself (I know, I'll forever be a DCS clickity-flippity-cockpit fan).

On the other hand, the bombers in CloD are just superb. These clickable switches and real bombsights really bring the immersion to another level and make a huge difference for me. The bombers in BoS are nice... but if you asked me if I'd fly the CloD or BoS He-111, I'd pick the CloD one any time of the day as there are fewer features missing.

ATAG_Naz
Sep-04-2014, 21:06
I had a bit of a read of some of these on the train on my way into the office this morning Chuck..my earlier simple comments don't do you justice, they really are very good mate...now get cracking on all the DCS planes please.
;)

Chuck_Owl
Sep-04-2014, 21:39
I had a bit of a read of some of these on the train on my way into the office this morning Chuck..my earlier simple comments don't do you justice, they really are very good mate...now get cracking on all the DCS planes please.
;)

Won't have time for guide-making for the next 5 months I'm afraid. I wished I could have done the Huey... and the Mi-8 too (even though manual is not released yet... waiting for this). I will probably never do one for the A-10 as there's just too much stuff to cover. Maybe one day, when I grow old and bored.

Chuck_Owl
Sep-05-2014, 03:32
I corrected some small typos in the F-4, G-2 and Yak-1 (mainly regarding either climb or takeoff RPM) pdfs and in the aircraft performance table.

Apparently, a sneaky zero thought he could simply wave his arm around and pretend like he's a six. But obviously, someone was not fooled by this subterfuge. :recon:

Bearcat
Nov-10-2014, 22:23
Well my setup is perfekt for cod, I dont have to use clickable feature. However this is the most problematic issue with BOS , the lack of hotas control.
But one has to live with it

I would like to see everything that was on a wheel or a lever assignable to an axis. I don't think it is quite like that yet.. I still have to redo my sticks. It is nice to have some specific controls for each plane but it becomes a bit problematic when you have a full blown HOTAS set up and you just want your controls to be the same for every plane or at least every type of plane.. ie fighter .. bomber etc..

Great guides Chuck.. !

IronMike
Dec-17-2014, 13:52
Absolutely out-fracking-standing!

Unfortunately the DLs wont work for me, except the aircraft table, which alone was worth coming here.

Could you maybe check if they are still working. After a long WW2 brake (all DCS in the meantime), BoS got me hooked up again.

And yes, I REALLY DO MISS clickable cockpits, I feel you, bro, I feel you so much!

On a note concerning guides to DCS aircraft: The manuals (together with the training missions) provide you with almost everything you need. I never understood why Il2 leaves guides/manuals for the community to make. That much more we can appreciate guys like you doing it.

S!

Chuck_Owl
Dec-17-2014, 14:59
Absolutely out-fracking-standing!

Unfortunately the DLs wont work for me, except the aircraft table, which alone was worth coming here.

Could you maybe check if they are still working. After a long WW2 brake (all DCS in the meantime), BoS got me hooked up again.

And yes, I REALLY DO MISS clickable cockpits, I feel you, bro, I feel you so much!

On a note concerning guides to DCS aircraft: The manuals (together with the training missions) provide you with almost everything you need. I never understood why Il2 leaves guides/manuals for the community to make. That much more we can appreciate guys like you doing it.

S!

*edited*

Roland
Mar-23-2015, 17:03
I just read it. Brilliant.

S!

Levent
Mar-27-2015, 09:18
Oh my god. I saw it now. Great job. What a work? Thank you so much.

mpdugas
Jul-13-2016, 20:14
When are you going to BMS 4.33?

Chuck_Owl
Jul-13-2016, 20:31
Many members of the BMS community members I've talked to have flatly told me that new players should RTFM and that there is no need for such a guide.

invictus84
Jul-16-2016, 03:06
Many members of the BMS community members I've talked to have flatly told me that new players should RTFM and that there is no need for such a guide.

This is why BMS users will remain a very small niche community within the small niche combat flight sim community. :ind:

Don't get me wrong...BMS is amazing, but the learning curve is so steep its hard for ordinary mortals with full time jobs and family responsibilities to get into it.

LuseKofte
Jul-16-2016, 06:44
Agree completely with Invictus, I consider myself to b a hardcore flight simmer. but I simply do not have time to learn all the modules in DCS, and I hate to use cheat start. So I print your tutorial and use them as a pre check. This way I do not forget when I go back to something I flew before the one I try to learn atm.
I probably will not go BMS myself, butI urge you to consider making one for it. After all your tutorial is one of the reasons for recruitment in this small genre of a hobby. And it is for helping new guys not the old farts

Topgum
Jul-16-2016, 07:20

..... Excellent compilation!!

Exactly my thoughts, well done & thank you Chuck :salute:

Hurricane
Mar-16-2017, 21:18
Many thanks Chuck, downloaded both manuals. :thumbsup: :salute:

I don't have BoS yet, but after watching a YouTube video on Kodi, i was very impressed.

It will definitely be a purchase in the future.

Meanwhile i will get as much info together about the sim, as i can.

Best wishes,
Mike.

Hurricane
Jan-11-2019, 07:42
Purchased BOS, BOM, BOK & BOBP, 3 days ago.

But i am still a rubbish pilot. :D

scout
Feb-23-2020, 22:23
Thanks!