PDA

View Full Version : New to IL 2

Peaveywolf
Mar-20-2012, 11:06
Hey all, just a quick hello. Just bought the game a week ago after waiting a year for it to settle down a bit. Just starting to learn manual start up. I sat on your server for 15 mins last night and still the 109 wouldn't start, so I need to look into it. Anyway, hope to see you all online soon. ;)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-20-2012, 11:21
Hi Peaveywolf, and welcome to the ATAG forum! :Grin:

Sorry your first online CoD experience was a "non-starter", but it sounds like it was a very minor detail (switch, throttle setting, whatever) that was holding you back.

The very best thing to do (if you haven't already) is to download, install, and set up the free Teamspeak 3 communication utility. (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?732-Teamspeak-3-How-to-set-it-up!)

Not only will you find someone there who can walk through the cockpit drill with you (we're a friendly bunch), but the whole immersion thing is increased a thousand times over.

Good luck and keep us posted how things go!

Snapper

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-20-2012, 11:23
First off, WELCOME! Glad to see another new face around here. I would really recommend picking up a third party program called Teamspeak 3. ATAG runs a server on teamspeak and many of the people who fly here would be more than willing to give you advice on start up and engine management. If you hop on Teamspeak we can talk it through instead of trying to type, and it really speeds things along. Just hop on and ask any questions you have!

Dutch
Mar-20-2012, 11:28
Hello Mate and welcome to ATAG.

If you own a Peavey Wolfgang, you've come to the right place!

Nice guitar, but I always found the neck profile a bit too wide for my style.

:thumbsup:

Doc
Mar-20-2012, 11:30
Welcome to ATAG. Lots of helpful people here.

Please get TS and join in on comms. I sometimes see people asking for help in chat window but when you are flying CEM and dealing with enemy all over you its impossible to type. So join us on TS. Again welcome.

MADDMANN
Mar-20-2012, 12:25
Here is a start up Vid for the 109E3. the start key (ignition) is the letter "i"

hope this helps m8, see you in the Sky!

http://youtu.be/mo7MLEOPmmw?hd=1

MajorBorris
Mar-20-2012, 13:28
:welcome!:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-20-2012, 13:33
Welcome Peaveywolf, do you have any interest in flying bombers?

Peaveywolf
Mar-20-2012, 14:54
Heh, used to have a Wolfgang, got a Frankenstein copy now, no, not the official one, a japanese made one by ESP.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-20-2012, 18:46
Oh no, not another musician!!! :Grin:

:welcome!: Peavywolf

Wolf
Mar-20-2012, 20:31
Oh no, not another musician!!! :Grin:

:welcome!: Peavywolf

SWEET! I am breaking out my sweedish made triangle again. LETS JAM! Dinggggggggg!

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-20-2012, 21:54
Welcome. Lotta musicians in here to Wolf.

Definitely get Team Speak dont be shy any ATAG will be more than happy to get you started

Knucks

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 04:08
Thanks guys, need to get a headset first, my mic is broken on my existing one. Any suggestions, not too expensive.

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 06:33
I am thinking of the gamecom series seeing as they are supposed to be very comfortable. Does the Dolby 7.1 make any diff in games at all does anyone know.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-21-2012, 07:48
Welcome Peaveywolf old chap.

I've spent a small fortune on headsets, currently using Razor Megoladon, which are very comfortable for me. They are light, which is good for compensating for the Trackir but feel a little fragile although they have never broken despite many hours of use and abuse. I also have the Logitech G35, which feel more solid but are consequently less comfortable. I've had a broken switch on the Logitech but they replaced the headset, no quibble, no receipt!

I'm not qualified to advise on sound quality, I suspect a cheap and cheerful set would sound just as good. I do suggest that 7.1 is worth it for immersion via sound direction. It's comfort which proves to me the most compelling reason to buy a good set.

Good luck with your purchase and from my married days, with hiding the receipt. :-)

Septic.

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 10:01
Heh, I am free and single again, never have been married ;) Funny you should say that though. I don't think flight Sims and relationships go hand in hand.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-21-2012, 10:17
Heh, I am free and single again, never have been married ;) Funny you should say that though. I don't think flight Sims and relationships go hand in hand.

Depends on the marriage thing. most of my stuff my wife has purchased for me.
I just know and understand when its time to hit the "Off" switch.

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 10:39

Thats a fair enough point ;)

MADDMANN
Mar-21-2012, 11:35

MY GOD MAN!!! You have to tell me where you found that "OFF" switch to shut off/up the wife...

I cant find it at all Shes just keeps nagging and nagging about this game.. man i need that "OFF" switch.. Let me know if its a 2 key combo that may be my isssue.

:runaway:

Dutch
Mar-21-2012, 12:05
MY GOD MAN!!! You have to tell me where you found that "OFF" switch to shut off/up the wife...

I cant find it at all Shes just keeps nagging and nagging about this game.. man i need that "OFF" switch.. Let me know if its a 2 key combo that may be my isssue.

Cadbury's Giant Chocolate Buttons, Caramel Nibbles and Twirl Bites work every time.
Alternatively KP Chilli Nuts are a great substitute. :thumbsup:

But i think Knucks was referring to his PC, not the wife. Or was he??

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 13:51
I have TS3 now, but I won't be able to talk til my new headset arrives. Can't quite afford the Dolby 7.1, same as I couldn't afford the flight stick I wanted. But I will get there ;)

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-21-2012, 16:52
Cadbury's Giant Chocolate Buttons, Caramel Nibbles and Twirl Bites work every time.
Alternatively KP Chilli Nuts are a great substitute. :thumbsup:

But i think Knucks was referring to his PC, not the wife. Or was he??

Dutch is right women have NO off switch !!!!!!