PDA

View Full Version : How to stop Automatic Updates under newest version of Steam?

hoghead
Sep-08-2014, 13:30
I am trying to update Il2 CoD using the ATAG updates. Following the ATAG video instructions, you’re supposed to go to Steam-Properties and using a pull-down menu find – Do not automatically update this game. However, under Properties - the newest version of Steam does not have any way to stop automatic updates. So, how do I temporally turn-off automatic updates?

Otyg
Sep-08-2014, 13:36
"They" updated steam a few weeks back and removed that option.
But I don't think it matter. The devs have dropped this game so they won't update.
Turn the steam cloud of tho.

hoghead
Sep-08-2014, 13:52
I don't understand your answer (shown below as #1). It doesn't make any sense. Perhaps some words have been cut off - in any case it isn't English. Please have a real person answer my question. My question is shown bottom as #2 hoghead.
Thanks

ATAG_Otyg
Re: How to stop Automatic Updates under newest version of Steam?

"They" updated steam a few weeks back and removed that option.
But I don't think it matter. The devs have dropped this game so they won't update.
Turn the steam cloud of tho.

hoghead
How to stop Automatic Updates under newest version of Steam?

I am trying to update Il2 CoD using the ATAG updates. Following the ATAG video instructions, you’re supposed to go to Steam-Properties and using a pull-down menu find – Do not automatically update this game. However, under Properties - the newest version of Steam does not have any way to stop automatic updates. So, how do I temporally turn-off automatic updates?

III./ZG76_Saipan
Sep-08-2014, 14:18
there are no more updates so dont worry about it. steam will take a new install to 1.2 i think. after that the developers walked away.

JG6_BigglesCDN
Sep-08-2014, 14:28
Otyg is a real person. His English is just a bit "sverige-ized"

Artist
Sep-08-2014, 14:38
hoghead,

please be a bit more polite to people trying to answer your questions. Besides: It would increase the probability of your questions being answered.

Otyg said it clear and easy: The option you were unsuccesfully looking for ("Do not automatically update this game") has been, as Otyg wrote, removed with the latest update of the steam client a few weeks back. But, as Otyg wrote too, the original Developers have dropped (abandoned, given up) this game, so the probabilty of an update coming from steam and overwriting the Team Fusion Patches is rather nil (non existent).

The suggestion to turn off the steam cloud was a bonus by Otyg.

Cheers,
Artist

ATAG_Colander
Sep-08-2014, 14:52
I don't understand your answer (shown below as #1). It doesn't make any sense. Perhaps some words have been cut off - in any case it isn't English. Please have a real person answer my question.

Hi hoghead,

First of all, welcome to our forums.

Now, please be aware that this is not a company forum where you can find a robot answering threads. Every single reply you get here will be made by some one trying to help you.

With that said, please be more thankful to the attempts others make to answer your questions and also keep in mind that English is not necessarily their first language.

Otyg
Sep-08-2014, 14:56
Good luck if you get anymore problems. I hope you get help from some one else. I'm sure I won't lift a finger.

Best of luck.

Continu0
Sep-08-2014, 16:10

Hi Hoghead

In my case, it does not matter which setting I choose. It does not update Cliffs of Dover anyway, and I have no problems with the Team Fusion Patches. If I were you, I'd just install the patches and see what happens. Or does it actually set the game back to the last official version automatically (in your case)?

Cheers,
Conti

ATAG_Snapper
Sep-11-2014, 10:10

Steam removed the Automatic Update feature from Cliffs of Dover shortly after this video was made. This has been removed from the video plus any text references to Steam's Automatic Update in the Beginners Section as well.

Mastiff
Sep-12-2014, 14:30
How to use Steam properties.

go to your favorites, right click on the IL2 Cliffs of Dover, your properties card will pop up. go to updates tab.

it should look like this

next Steam setting properties

Make sure clouds synchronization is unchecked. you should be good now.

hope this helps.