PDA

View Full Version : 1c Publishing forum

Peaveywolf
Mar-20-2012, 15:04
Hmmm, 1c Publishing forum seems to be down. Wonder why. Maybe they are finally sick of the abuse.

Recoilfx
Mar-20-2012, 15:09
Actually the whole site seems to be down, so it's probably not a forum meltdown issue.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Mar-20-2012, 16:06
Shame

Doc
Mar-20-2012, 16:39
Ahh thanks for letting me know. I plugged the Ethernet cable back in I must have bumped the cable when I was moving my kegerator to the other side of the room. Everyone can relax now.

MajorBorris
Mar-20-2012, 17:49
I think there is a dynamic online war being fought between the sides of Fanboy nation and whiner vilage, who's winning no one knows lol

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-20-2012, 19:08
That forum is pretty nasty right now. You've got guys making videos about how frustrated they are with a video game? Then you have guys that are frustrated with people who are frustrated with the people making videos?

Clearly noone's happy about the current situation, but I seriously will never understand the constant asking of the same questions that have already been answered by people like furbs/tree and the like.

I remember when those guys said 1C was going out of business and Cliffs will never be worked on. Then about 3 weeks later the 1st patch came out. Then as we waited for more, those guys started saying the same thing. Then another patch came out.

I wish there was a sticky for all of Luthier's posts showing the FM, AI, graphics engine, and a multitude of other problems the dev team said they are/will be addressing was just put into a sticky.

One of the reasons I stopped playing ROF was because the main problems of the game (FM, AI, game engine, master browser, object limitations, etc.etc.,) wasn't being worked on. We're talking the main parts of the game itself. Instead they like to make pistols, scarves, gunsights, and fuel guages to sell. All the while, they never end up fixing the main glaring issues with the game and still haven't 3 years later. There's people comparing SP in 3 year old ROF to IL2COD at the less than a year mark. ROF didn't even have a SP besides a QMB until well past it's 2 year mark.

But unlike the ROF team, 1C has already said they are actually working on the glaring issues of the game. Why people keep bringing it up time and time again to pound their chest away in a video game forum is unbelievable to me. The questions have already been answered - yet they keep asking, belittling the only people that make a flight sim worth a crap IMO. Yes it's going to take time as with anything on this complex of scale. I honestly can't believe the target audience for flight simming is people in their 30's to 50's. Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Virtually every single thing about the sim has been written on a forum for all to see for years, yet you have people that need attention to live their lives.

I should've said I told you so to soo many people on those forums, but there's no point, most of the attention needers soon forget what they even posted an hour before let alone a month before. In the end, it's not even worth posting there, as those types of people will always be grasping for something that they are lacking in their real life. And those types of people make it blatently obvious every time they post.

The best thing we can all do is wait. At least the majority of people that post here actually appreciate the sim and realize what is has a good chance of turning into over the years. If you're getting frustrated with a video game, then you need to take a break from it. It's as simple as that.

Dutch
Mar-20-2012, 19:14
If you're getting frustrated with a video game, then you need to take a break from it.

So when are we gonna see you back online then Bliss?!

Haha! Sorry mate, couldn't resist! :)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-20-2012, 19:26
He was on long enough to shoot me down over Oye Plage last week! :angry: LOL

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-20-2012, 19:28
Yeah I've been busy!!!!

But my net has also been absolute crap. So when the magical mixture of not being busy and good net comes in, I'll be online :)

Might be able to make it a bit tonight - fingers crossed! ;)

Doc
Mar-20-2012, 19:51
Bliss can you tell a coloration between your internet quality and occupancy rate there? I really need to know for a project I am working on.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-20-2012, 19:52
Not really - this place is usually all booked up virtually every night of the week.

But I did find out the internet for the entire place is satellite - so yeah - real nice :shocked:

Wolf
Mar-20-2012, 20:29
Forum seems to be working fine. I have posted a few responses to help people and me and Kodiak are in constant communication assisting each other or others in the FMB section.

But I have to say it is a no go zone now in the main page unless you are helping a newbie get started.

ATAG_Naz
Mar-21-2012, 01:28
Couldn't agree with you more Bliss. Everything you've said is spot on.

:thumbsup:

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 04:15
I don't get involved with their flame wars. But the way the whiners are going, Ic will hold the patch back indefinitely.

jaydee
Mar-21-2012, 04:47
That forum is pretty nasty right now. You've got guys making videos about how frustrated they are with a video game? Then you have guys that are frustrated with people who are frustrated with the people making videos?

Clearly noone's happy about the current situation, but I seriously will never understand the constant asking of the same questions that have already been answered by people like furbs/tree and the like.

I remember when those guys said 1C was going out of business and Cliffs will never be worked on. Then about 3 weeks later the 1st patch came out. Then as we waited for more, those guys started saying the same thing. Then another patch came out.

I wish there was a sticky for all of Luthier's posts showing the FM, AI, graphics engine, and a multitude of other problems the dev team said they are/will be addressing was just put into a sticky.

One of the reasons I stopped playing ROF was because the main problems of the game (FM, AI, game engine, master browser, object limitations, etc.etc.,) wasn't being worked on. We're talking the main parts of the game itself. Instead they like to make pistols, scarves, gunsights, and fuel guages to sell. All the while, they never end up fixing the main glaring issues with the game and still haven't 3 years later. There's people comparing SP in 3 year old ROF to IL2COD at the less than a year mark. ROF didn't even have a SP besides a QMB until well past it's 2 year mark.

But unlike the ROF team, 1C has already said they are actually working on the glaring issues of the game. Why people keep bringing it up time and time again to pound their chest away in a video game forum is unbelievable to me. The questions have already been answered - yet they keep asking, belittling the only people that make a flight sim worth a crap IMO. Yes it's going to take time as with anything on this complex of scale. I honestly can't believe the target audience for flight simming is people in their 30's to 50's. Some people should be ashamed of themselves. Virtually every single thing about the sim has been written on a forum for all to see for years, yet you have people that need attention to live their lives.

I should've said I told you so to soo many people on those forums, but there's no point, most of the attention needers soon forget what they even posted an hour before let alone a month before. In the end, it's not even worth posting there, as those types of people will always be grasping for something that they are lacking in their real life. And those types of people make it blatently obvious every time they post.

The best thing we can all do is wait. At least the majority of people that post here actually appreciate the sim and realize what is has a good chance of turning into over the years. If you're getting frustrated with a video game, then you need to take a break from it. It's as simple as that.
agree totally Bliss!....So many diffrent "Agendas",competing and conflicting with each other on 1c, with the "most advanced WW2 flighsim ever produced", the casualty, of "some" people needing to prove "how Right they are ! "..........And on ATAG,a bunch of guys who love flyin COD,can see where its going(eventually) and most importantly,help each other to get the most out of this game !.......Somethin told me not to join 1c......glad I didnt.... ! ~S~

Tvrdi
Mar-21-2012, 05:11
I dont want to think about that creepy place...
now check this out guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdjY6oy4Y2c&feature=youtu.be

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Mar-21-2012, 07:52
Haha..

Just looks wrong..:bgsmile:

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-21-2012, 09:07
No big deal! Thats just Dutch on his way home from the Pub !!!!

Knucks

Dutch
Mar-21-2012, 10:39
No big deal! Thats just Dutch on his way home from the Pub !!!!

Excellent!! :bgsmile:

335th_GRAthos
Mar-21-2012, 15:27
If you're getting frustrated with a video game, then you need to take a break from it. It's as simple as that.

Agree 100% percent Bliss.

At the same time, I can not hide my bitterness for the fact that they let us struggle with a memory leak for so many months after they told us "no need to provide a hotfix now since the new full patch is 2 weeks away..." :!sad!:

Anyhow, not necessary to go screaming at the 1c forum about it.

~S~

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-21-2012, 15:52
Athos, didn't Luthier email you the new patch like he did the rest of us??

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :runaway: :hiding:

Tvrdi
Mar-21-2012, 17:13
Heey Athos, nice to see you here mate...

335th_GRAthos
Mar-21-2012, 18:45
Hi there guys,

I am sorry I am not very much online, I followed Bliss' recommendation "If you're getting frustrated with a video game, then you need to take a break from it. It's as simple as that" since last Jan...
But I am reading the forums, keep my golden rule (never more than two posts on the same thread) although sometimes I think I should take a break from that, too ;)

At least at the ATAG forum I can keep my sanity :Grin:

And in order to put something constructive, a picture Bravoalpha posted in the 1c forum:
Look how undermodelled the real world is... :runaway:
http://charlestolman.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/20110928_1140_inversion.jpg

~S~

MajorBorris
Mar-21-2012, 19:36
I thought CoD w/ a paintshop cockpit:bgsmile:

good to see ya Athos

Peaveywolf
Mar-21-2012, 19:40
Wow, thats rubbish ;) Absolutely no detail in that pic. I expect so much more from the real world than in a sim. Must go onto Il 2 and tell em Clod has way too much detail, they need a retro patch now.

Tvrdi
Mar-22-2012, 05:42
I would like to see such reflections (on canopy) in sims too...would be cool...

Peaveywolf
Mar-22-2012, 07:15
It just goes to prove, all these people whining on about the fact you cant see land to the horizon, don't have a clue what they are on about.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-22-2012, 10:04
O.K. gang: I understand the topic here (I think) is that the above picture if "Real" and dosent look as good as COD.

Is it me or does the above photo look simulated ???????, at first I was trying to figure what sim it is from

maybee I'm confused

(name withheald at the time)

Peaveywolf
Mar-22-2012, 10:17
Same here, but I just took Grathos's word for it that it was real

335th_GRAthos
Mar-22-2012, 20:30
Same here, but I just took Grathos's word for it that it was real

Sorry to disapoint guys but you can not take my word for the picture, as I mentionned I have it from this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30435&page=2

On the other hand, this picture is plausible enough for me, I fly a lot as passenger and this is a view that occurs when you fly just above the haze layer.

~S~

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-22-2012, 21:52
I dont want to think about that creepy place...
now check this out guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdjY6oy4Y2c&feature=youtu.be

I have seen it all. That is one of the best videos ever :bgsmile: