PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the trains!

GeorgePreddy
Mar-20-2012, 19:15
It was great fun to see trains pop up every now and again. If at all possible, it would be great to get those back into the map. They provide another target and something to hunt!

Thanks for your consideration, keep up the great work guys!

-71st_AH_Ratsy

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-20-2012, 19:20
Not sure if Bliss actually figured out the issue, but trains at one point were causing graphical issues.

See this thread:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?969-The-Calais-Black-Hole-Solved!-*Bliss-WatchMan-please-read*

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-20-2012, 19:45
Yep - with ATI cards it's a no no. I believe there are a few situations where the graphics glitch wouldn't happen, but it's not really not worth all the time and effort to put them back in until we have some sort of gfx patch. Working around issues only gets you so far.

Wolf
Mar-20-2012, 20:17
Yep - with ATI cards it's a no no. I believe there are a few situations where the graphics glitch wouldn't happen, but it's not really not worth all the time and effort to put them back in until we have some sort of gfx patch. Working around issues only gets you so far.

Just to add to this. The trains on destruction also do not register as destroyed by player or ammunition. They register as an Error in the programming and destroyed by a crator.

Until this is fixed in a future patch, IF they were put back in cause ATI cards could accept them, You chould not put award points for destroying them because the triggers are broken for trains at the moment.

But fear not. I have missions ready for the ATAG server on Train objectives as soon as the trigger issues and graphics issues are fixed.

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-20-2012, 22:55
Curse my ATI graphics card, back to NVidia for the next one!

Wolf
Mar-21-2012, 01:40
Curse my ATI graphics card, back to NVidia for the next one!

SOOOOOO IT WAS YOUUUUU!!!!!

Everyone!!! Keller Broke COD Trigger Scripting!!!!! HE'S OVER HERE!!!!