PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming!

ATAG_Septic
Mar-21-2012, 06:03
Hi Chaps,

It's perhaps unlikely that this will be of any use but I've spent days struggling with the problem and would like to share my findings in case it is.

The Rampage IV Extreme has in common with high-end boards lots of software tweaking tools (I do enjoy a tweak) amongst which is its EPU power-saving tool. I've discovered that if I set this to max power saving it reduces my frame-rates in Clod by 40 to 50%! I was getting a slide-show on line in busy airspace. This might sound obvious but it had me fooled as clock speeds are not explicitly adjusted in the process. I'm too impatient to be scientific about this and identify the precise cause but it's a repeatable effect.

So, at the risk of offending the tree-huggers of the world it seems very much worth checking your power settings and looking for performance rather than power-saving voltages etc. At max performance power settings Clod runs at the vertical sync speed most of the time.

If this change does affect global warming I have an idea to compensate. If everyone who has a fridge or freezer would run it with the door open this should offset global warming, probably.

Cheers,

Septic.

MajorBorris
Mar-26-2012, 13:31
I think there is a windows setting for that too, mostly for laptops I think.

The fridge? BRILLIANT!