PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Old_Canuck
Mar-22-2012, 00:55
After a brief spell away from CloD it seems my folders have been gutted. Ubisoft folder empty, controllers wont work i.e. rudder pedals, joystick and throttle quadrant. Tried re-setting but every mission starts with a spin into the ground or water. Also there's lots of rainbow artifacts on the control panel: reds blues etc. no saved profiles, downloaded missions gone. Anybody seen this before? Is it a Steam cloud problem? I thought the cloud was was turned off but will have to start all over tomorrow.

Will check here tomorrow before troubleshooting it again. IL2 Sturmovik is still working fine by the way. Was hoping to get some experienced input before possibly re-installing the whole schmear. :hugesmiley:

ATAG_Septic
Mar-22-2012, 02:13
After a brief spell away from CloD it seems my folders have been gutted. Ubisoft folder empty, controllers wont work i.e. rudder pedals, joystick and throttle quadrant. Tried re-setting but every mission starts with a spin into the ground or water. Also there's lots of rainbow artifacts on the control panel: reds blues etc. no saved profiles, downloaded missions gone. Anybody seen this before? Is it a Steam cloud problem? I thought the cloud was was turned off but will have to start all over tomorrow.

Will check here tomorrow before troubleshooting it again. IL2 Sturmovik is still working fine by the way. Was hoping to get some experienced input before possibly re-installing the whole schmear. :hugesmiley:

It sounds like the game is acting as if newly installed. The epilepsy filter is on by default and may be the cause of the strange colours. Personally, I like steam cloud and would switch it on, it might reinstall any server-side settings.

Good luck old bean, I'm sure it's fixable.

Septic.

Old_Canuck
Mar-22-2012, 11:19
Thx M8 I was looking for the first step and you just gave it to me. Will turn Steam back on. Was advised earlier to switch it off but can't remember why :happy This could be a long haul but I'll see you in game when it's done.

EDIT: Now I'm really puzzled. Steam Cloud synchronization is already checked. View/Games List shows nothing but account details show IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (NCSA Retail). Now I'm really stumped. I suspect it was because of Steam that things were "fixed" the way they are now but that's based on a hunch not technical knowledge.

Will send a PM to someone who might walk me through this but if anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

It sounds like the game is acting as if newly installed. The epilepsy filter is on by default and may be the cause of the strange colours. Personally, I like steam cloud and would switch it on, it might reinstall any server-side settings.

Good luck old bean, I'm sure it's fixable.

Septic.

Old_Canuck
Mar-22-2012, 12:56
Ok - problem solved. Setting up from scratch again now that the shock has subsided from Steam wiping out all my settings and saved files. It's clear now that it had something to do with Steam synch. being unchecked a long time ago and when I logged onto Steam again it re-set things back to the beginning. Will keep Steam synch on now and see what happens.

This is embarrassing but I'm posting this to help some other technically challenged individual who might have the same problem some day.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-22-2012, 13:35
Ok - problem solved. Setting up from scratch again now that the shock has subsided from Steam wiping out all my settings and saved files. It's clear now that it had something to do with Steam synch. being unchecked a long time ago and when I logged onto Steam again it re-set things back to the beginning. Will keep Steam synch on now and see what happens.

This is embarrassing but I'm posting this to help some other technically challenged individual who might have the same problem some day.

I don't believe there's any cause for embarrassment old bean, let's just hope it's sorted. Clear Prop!:thumbsup:

Septic

ATAG_Colander
Mar-22-2012, 15:44
Steam issues should only embarrass Valve/Steam and the developers who choose their service!

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-23-2012, 17:26
Well to tag onto this thread, with your permission Canuck, I've had my synchronization turned off for some times also, at someones advice. I'm almost afraid to turn it back on after readin Canucks pliet.