PDA

View Full Version : Don't Mess With The Blenheim, It's Dangerous.

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Mar-22-2012, 08:23
Tonka and I fly in a very close formation, and then take out an enemy bomber, which decides to become a submarine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWNkWGJ6jw

ATAG_Septic
Mar-22-2012, 08:48
Great video, thanks for posting.

The Blenheim never feels as deadly when under my control but I stalked one the other day for ten minutes in a 110. So confident was I of a kill that I kept the two bombs on board. I envisaged closing to cannon range for a quick and glorious kill but he saw me just before I fired and turned sharply to port. I attempted to follow convinced of my forthcoming victory despite my knowing how well the Blenheim turns. He managed to get a few hits and I managed with deft skill combined with frantic control input to not manage my energy. I ditched the bombs, frustrated that I would not be able to continue to target after the kill but now with renewed optimism of victory in the fight. However, he continued to out turn me and manage his energy better which led inevitably led to my ignoble and embarrassing death in the drink.

After the fight I swore I would never fly the stupid useless 110 ever again ever!

During the post-flight smoke and debrief though my rage turned to determination to master the 110 properly and I was back in the air in ten minutes seeking revenge. I now know how I might achieve this using the brilliant submarine tactic but how do I deploy Snorkel?

Cheers,

Septic.

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Mar-22-2012, 08:51
Great video, thanks for posting.

During the post-flight smoke and debrief though my rage turned to determination to master the 110 properly and I was back in the air in ten minutes seeking revenge. I now know how I might achieve this using the brilliant submarine tactic but how do I deploy Snorkel?

Septic you have just made my day! :hpyclp: I just want to put out some vids like this, to show that the Blenheim is not as "Bloated" as some think!

Doc
Mar-22-2012, 09:01
Nice!! But there's is another video of 3 or 4 Blens in formation just feet wet off Littlestone from yesterdays mission I'm looking forward to seeing to.

:hugesmiley:

Dutch
Mar-22-2012, 09:21
Nice!! But there's is another video of 3 or 4 Blens in formation just feet wet off Littlestone from yesterdays mission I'm looking forward to seeing to.

Was this where the two 109s pounced on us? Or the 109/110 combo?
I didn't capture any of that, but I hope Tonka or you blokes did!

I'm off to put some tracer in my front gun. I'm falling well behind on these Blenny air to air kills!

Excellent work Jack! Sub-bug or no sub-bug! :dthumb:

Tonka
Mar-22-2012, 14:40
Cool, thanks for posting that Jack. I filmed it too, but it looked better from your seat!

:hugesmiley:

There might just be.....

I didn't capture any of that, but I hope Tonka or you blokes did!

I managed to film all of the action last night. I had about 5 Gb of video captures sat on my desktop when i went to bed last night. I absolutely did not stay up for an hour or two trying to edit them, and i definitely didn't make a film about how the brave Blenny boys won the dawn battle for the ships!

:hiding:

edit; I didn't realise Windows Movie Maker requires the original video captures to remain intact and at the location they were loaded from. I deleted them all after getting the bits i wanted into Movie Maker. Trying a file recovery scan now, but i don't hold much hope...

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-22-2012, 15:27
That was GREAT footage!!!! Who'da thunk? :bgsmile:

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-24-2012, 12:46
Nice .... I would say it was time to jump into Subhunter 5 but the underwater plane was moving way too fast .....