PDA

View Full Version : Luthier update on 1C forum

ATAG_Colander
Mar-23-2012, 11:05
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30683

Dear fans,

Its hard to believe its been almost a year. For myself and for the team the past two years are a blur. Things have been hectic long since CoD pre-release days and theres no sign of letting down. We work in a constant state of emergency.

We know that even a year after the initial release many of you are still unhappy with many aspects of the game. We are painfully aware of your unhappiness. For me personally, its a constant feeling in the back of my head. It drives me and motivates me, and I in turn use it to drive and motivate the team. It is at the same time very humbling. I personally want to apologize to the community once again for the state of the game at release, and I want to thank you for sticking around this long and continuing to give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

I realize that the pace at which we release patches and updates has slowed considerably. The latest patch that has been almost ready for months, and its even more almost ready today. The graphics rework is basically done. The average framerate has shot up almost twice. Only one relatively minor issue remains that prevents the gunsight, tracers, and bullet decals from being drawn. Of course, this minor technical issue has a huge impact on gameplay, and that is why we cannot release it to the public in its current state.
Secondly, reworking and becoming confident in the graphics engine itself allowed us to spread the net and start identifying additional issues that were causing hick-ups and slowdowns in the game. That is the hardest thing to locate since they are unpredictable and very difficult to replicate. Rewriting the graphics engine fixed many of those issues, and made the others very easy to identify by narrowing down the usual suspects. We have identified some very obscure issues with visual effects, the landscape engine, the texture manager, and with the weather system that were causing the occasional stuttering that by itself arguably had a bigger impact on gameplay than low average FPS.

On our end, we are much more confident in our product today than we were a year ago, and we are also much more excited about the future. The team continues to grow. We are just now beginning to look for a huge number of new applicants that will grow the team by almost 25%. We have a lot of very exciting new things on our plate that we cannot wait to reveal. The general mood of the team is one of excitement. We cannot wait to prove our detractors wrong, crush the competition, and give our fans what they are looking for with our next major release!

Thank you again for your support!

Ilya Shevchenko
Lead Development Producer

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-23-2012, 11:57
"The latest patch that has been almost ready for months, and its even more almost ready today."

There we go! :bgsmile:

ATAG_Colander
Mar-23-2012, 12:04
Yeah, they should release it. With my aiming it makes no difference if I have a gun sight anyway :bgsmile:

Dutch
Mar-23-2012, 12:15
'The general mood of the team is one of excitement'.

Queue kid playing Banjo.

:pouting:

Uther
Mar-24-2012, 04:53
Luthier took my picture once, with Oleg.
True story bro!

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-24-2012, 10:41
'The general mood of the team is one of excitement'.

Queue kid playing Banjo.

:pouting:

My bets on the kid with the banjo (wheres rebel?)

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Mar-24-2012, 11:28
Why was my post removed? I made the same joke as knuckes yesterday, but my post was removed.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-24-2012, 12:04
WHY have I not posted here yet ...... :pouting:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 12:35
Why was my post removed?

Hi Jack,

Your post was great. It featured a group of young guys relaxing in a hot tub in the bed of a pickup doing nothing wrong whatsoever. It indeed pops up in Google Images (with many others) when you punch in Luthier's real name, as you correctly noted in your post. You captioned it as the possible reason that the patch is delayed. It was quite witty!

The only thing that made me uneasy is that none of the hot tub occupants in the imbedded photo appeared to be Luthier himself (his real name is not an uncommon one in Russia) -- he may take issue if this post came to his attention which would be an embarrassment to the ATAG Forum.

It's possible I've erred on the side of caution. If so, I do apologize! :0:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 12:59
Why was my post removed? I made the same joke as knuckes yesterday, but my post was removed.

But who reads Knuckles posts? :runaway::hiding:

MajorBorris
Mar-24-2012, 13:11
encouraging:thumbsup:

Badger
Mar-24-2012, 15:11

Cuz it's FUNNY when knuckles posts it... You, NOT so much!!!!! :hiding2:

Badger

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 15:18
This is a tough crowd here! :bgsmile:

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Mar-24-2012, 15:21
Copy that Snapper and thanks very much for the reply! I understand exactly what you meant, and I am glad that you found it funny.

I completely agree with your decision, (I should have subtly hinted), anyway, thanks again for the reply and honest reasons. Good communication puts me in a good mood! :thumbsup:

Better than having unexplained "points" mailed to you with no explanation when you have called someone a "naughty and innapropriate name" lol

Jack

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 18:46
No worries, mate. Thank YOU for providing my morning chuckle. :Grin:

Keep the jokes and online stories, tips, etc coming. You've made some wonderful contributions here already and I look forwrd to more. :thumbsup: