PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling Cliffs of Dover

EG14_Marcast
Oct-02-2014, 12:29
My hard disk is saying good bye to me. I made an .img file of it and will also try to clone it in the new one, but there is always the possibility that I have to reinstall everything. In this case do I have to reinstall the original game and all the single patches in sequence from 3.0 to 4.312? And about TrackIR, do you know if the profiles are saved in any file which I can copy and reload?

Stefan
Oct-02-2014, 13:09
yes you have to install all the patches in sequence. the TrackIR Settings are saved as xml files within the "Profiles" folder where TrackIR was installed.

ATAG_Septic
Oct-02-2014, 13:10
Hi Marcast,

If I remember correctly, it's been a while.

Track IR profiles are saved on a Win7 Opsys by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles.

You will need to reinstall steam but there's no need to reinstall cliffs. You can just copy across the two folders below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover

C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Septic.

P.S. Just for info; You can have as many copies of the game as you like, by copy I mean just copy/paste, they will run using Launcher.exe as long as Steam is running. They will all access the same folder in Documents though.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-03-2014, 03:13
You will need to reinstall steam but there's no need to reinstall cliffs. You can just copy across the two folders below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover
C:\Users\Your user name\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover - MOD

Yup, Septic is right.

1. Make a backup of these folders before you get rid of your old HDD.
2. Install Cliffs Vanilla version from Steam onto your new HDD or SDD .
3. Then copy them folders back over onto your new operating HDD

EG14_Marcast
Oct-03-2014, 06:24
Yup, Septic is right.

1. Make a backup of these folders before you get rid of your old HDD.
2. Install Cliffs Vanilla version from Steam onto your new HDD or SDD .
3. Then copy them folders back over onto your new operating HDD

Do you mean that in this way I don't have to reinstall all the TF patches?

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
Oct-03-2014, 07:10
Do you mean that in this way I don't have to reinstall all the TF patches?

Yes. You do not have to re-install each patch like you did the first time.
Just copy the patched game over the top of the vanilla.

Worked for me anyways....