PDA

View Full Version : Where are the curves?

Ow-Chi
Oct-03-2014, 12:49
Trim is crazy sensitive in the rotaries on my x52....in Il2 I was able to smooth this out with curves in the hotas setup. Is there something similar in Clod?

Otyg
Oct-03-2014, 14:59
You can set a few stuff under axes(?) in controls.
I never got trim to work on a rotaries . I found it better to use two buttons and tap them to get the right trim.

ATAG_CrusaderOne
Oct-03-2014, 17:21
Trim works great with a saitek trim wheel.

1lokos
Oct-03-2014, 17:55
Is because Saitek Trim Wheel (use encoder instead pot') was calibratet like a multi-turn pot, need many degrees of whell movement to send small increments for the game.

These rotaries on joystick/throtte use pot' and have small course, typically 30+30 degrees, a small movement on rotarie send big increments for the game.

Ow-Chi
Oct-03-2014, 17:56
You can set a few stuff under axes(?) in controls.
I never got trim to work on a rotaries . I found it better to use two buttons and tap them to get the right trim.

Dont really see anything except for Dead Zones and Out and In - no clue what that means but it doesnt behave like curves.

Finding it really hard to trim, I have all this distance to go on the rotaries but just a hair movement and I am skidding all over the place :grrr:

What am I missing here? You guys are saying it works great, and it does in IL2 when I am able to adjust the curves. Can use the entire wheel - but in this one if I barely touch either one it shoots all the way over.

Osiris
Oct-03-2014, 18:17
Can you do curves outside of CLOD with the saitek driver software? I know with the CH controllers I can do curves for each axis along with deadzones in CH manager. I'm not familiar with Saitek stuff.

Ow-Chi
Oct-03-2014, 18:20
Can you do curves outside of CLOD with the saitek driver software? I know with the CH controllers I can do curves for each axis along with deadzones in CH manager. I'm not familiar with Saitek stuff.

Not that I am aware of, just dead zones.

IL2 1946 and DCS have curves in game. Would be amazed if nothing like that is in CLoD

Osiris
Oct-03-2014, 18:47

IL2 1946 and DCS have curves in game. Would be amazed if nothing like that is in CLoD

The only thing I've seen in CLOD is sensitivity and deadzone settings (click on the particular axis) Sensitivity setting may help as they are set to 100% by default.

1lokos
Oct-03-2014, 20:58

CloD dont allow set curves, only adjust sensitivity and deadzones.

il-2 first version too dont allow, at time people use external programs like il2JoyControl (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?file=details&id=1021&name=Downloads), later (1946 or TD patchs) this are include on game GUI.

Unfortunattely, due CloD "drama release" the game has not awakened interest of programmers with ability to do a "ClodJoyControl".

Sokol1

hnbdgr
Oct-04-2014, 04:41
Curve Man to the rescue!!!! :hpyflying:http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6497&highlight=curves

Logan
Oct-29-2014, 18:41
You can try DIview too. It runs outside the game from any folder (mines on the desktop) It helps with any spikes as well that's what I use it for. Here is the link
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12