PDA

View Full Version : Heartbreaker Freeze Up

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-24-2012, 17:48

Alternative title: "Crying in my beer....."

Just finished a GREAT mission on ATAG (where else?). Patrolling in my Spit Ia over the British ships off Lympne, I had been engaged in a couple of wild low level dogfights with my fellow Red pilots. At one point I was covering Knight's six as he was putting the finishing touches on a hard-climbing 109 when my frame rates abruptly started to go south. Seems to happen ALWAYS in a dogfight.

Disengaged and managed to stay airborne at 1 (count 'em!) frame per second, but my 'puter recovered. Even got a third of a kill on a second 109 a minute later. Was returning to base and flying over the ships when a call went out by Marc that a low single contact was fast approaching the ships followed by flak. Good call by Marc, I spotted the fast-mover, as did two fellow Red pilots. The 110 made it to the ships and dropped his ordnance while under fire from the other two as I caught up. The 110 absorbed tremendous punishment and continued flying as the two pursuers pulled off with Winchester ammo. As I moved in, my framerate once more dropped right off. Just as the 110's left wingtip was entering my reticle (see arrow), my screen froze up. All I could do was take a screenshot with my iPhone for all to see above.

Let's hurry up with that patch!!!!!! :angry:

Dutch
Mar-24-2012, 22:17
Hmph. Well. I suppose we have to believe you.

But only slightly.

BTW, this sounds a little erm, debatable?;

'Just as the 110's left wingtip was entering my reticle..'

:bgsmile:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2012, 02:42
Hahaha, what, a 2 mm smudge on a grainy iPhone pic not proof enough for ya? :bgsmile:

You're as sympathetic as the guys I was flying with: "I'm outta ammo, I'm pulling off, he's all yours, Snapper! ....Snapper? ....Snapper?"

That moment will haunt me forever.......:shocked:

ATAG_Torian
Mar-25-2012, 09:53
It was probably Darth Keller in the 110. He used a Jedi mind trick on u to make u
think your screen was frozen :whacky:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-25-2012, 10:12
That's a strong possibility! Plus he loves humiliating us Spittie pilots by out turning us with his nimble Stuka! :angry:

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-25-2012, 10:21
It was probably Darth Keller in the 110. He used a Jedi mind trick on u to make u
think your screen was frozen :whacky:

Haaa Darth Keller it is !:hpyclp: