PDA

View Full Version : Patches installation..

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-07-2014, 13:03
A question from a new player who has PM'd me which I can't answer.......Thanks in advance for the help..I have linked him to this page so he can see your advice...~S~

Hey wassup! As you probably know already, I'm a noob lol. I,m having a problem with the updates from new install. The problem is I have no option to open CLOD as administrator to do the updates as specified in your thread. It's my PC and I'm the admnin, but there is no option on drop down window to run as admin. Srry to bother you with this, but I want to get this game up and running and figured you might have an idea you can shoot me with this??
Thanks for your time and any info you can shoot my way.....

ATAG_Colander
Oct-07-2014, 13:56
Windows XP?

ATAG_Septic
Oct-07-2014, 13:58
Hi Lew,

Windows 7 opsys?

I have not needed to run cliffs as admin but to do so in win7;

right-click on launcher.exe, which is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover and the option should appear.

I need to check were in the process it advises running as admin? I'm confident a more helpful and cogent response will follow from one of the boffins. I'm a little 'relaxed' here for 7:00pm!!

Septic.

ATAG_ProArmis
Oct-07-2014, 14:12
...It's my PC and I'm the admin, but there is no option on drop down window to run as admin...

Not many information.. To find a useful way for solving the problem it may help to get some additional facts like:

What OPS... WIN 95, WIN XP, WIN VISTA; WIN 7 or WIN 8 ????,

Ability to shut down, restart, or go sleep???,

Is the problem only visible in relationship with CLOD? ...It could be possible that this problem has nothing to do with CLOD,

Already Searched with Google??? ...may be there is a chance that someone might have had a similar problem and solved it.

ProArmis

ATAG_Colander
Oct-07-2014, 14:12
In any case...
The only reasons you might need to run the MOD installers as admin is because the folder where steam installed the game is set with no write permissions for "normal" users.

There are two easy fixes for this:
1.- Copy the game install folder somewhere else so your user has full control over it.
2.- Change the permissions on the folder to allow full read/write access to your user.

Many people prefer #1 as this acts as a backup of the files in case they are needed in the future.

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-07-2014, 15:45
Sorry Fellas....He has PM'd me that he has solved this issue...

Thanks for all the help...~S~

Mysticpuma
Oct-07-2014, 16:00
Any chance he cam explain what he did here? It may help us to add it to the FAQ and save others the problem?

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-08-2014, 05:30
Rgrt MP...I'll send him a PM

bigj73nsb
Oct-08-2014, 06:05
A question from a new player who has PM'd me which I can't answer.......Thanks in advance for the help..I have linked him to this page so he can see your advice...~S~

Ok all I had to do is go into start menu/ computer/ drive c/ steamapps/ common/ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, then just make exe shortcut to desktop. And you can run as admin from that shortcut so you cane do the 5 updates needed.

Thx for your all time on this, but I already figured it out after some digging. Now I just need to learn to navigate the map so I can find a fight lol

bigj73nsb
Oct-08-2014, 06:06
Ok all I had to do is go into start menu/ computer/ drive c/ steamapps/ common/ IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, then just make exe shortcut to desktop. And you can run as admin from that shortcut so you cane do the 5 updates needed.

Thx for your all time on this, but I already figured it out after some digging. Now I just need to learn to navigate the map so I can find a fight lol

Oh yeah the shortcut I made was from the launcher thats inside the IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover file

bigj73nsb
Oct-08-2014, 06:08
Windows XP?

Does XP even work anymore?? I know they stopped supporting it over a year ago