PDA

View Full Version : GamePlay.gpLogServer Messages

ATAG_Freya
Oct-07-2014, 15:41
When testing missions, these messages never show up, eg "completed blue objectives" or "time remaining in mission" and such. I've just ignored this fact till now because I know they SHOULD show up (when on a dedicated server), as they are part of a script I've seen working on a dedicated server. This leads me to believe that either my testing method is incorrect, or they are only meant to show up on the dedi. When testing a mission designed for multiplayer, should I be using the --Lobby -->create new--> (goes on to start a server, load mission etc), Or just go straight to "Server" in the main menu of the game, or does it matter? Should they show up in testing through single player also? Also is there any particular settings I should be using, for eg. something in the confs.ini, or server setup? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong...thanks for any advice/info. :salute:

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-07-2014, 17:32
When testing missions, these messages never show up, eg "completed blue objectives" or "time remaining in mission" and such. I've just ignored this fact till now because I know they SHOULD show up (when on a dedicated server), as they are part of a script I've seen working on a dedicated server. This leads me to believe that either my testing method is incorrect, or they are only meant to show up on the dedi. When testing a mission designed for multiplayer, should I be using the --Lobby -->create new--> (goes on to start a server, load mission etc), Or just go straight to "Server" in the main menu of the game, or does it matter? Should they show up in testing through single player also? Also is there any particular settings I should be using, for eg. something in the confs.ini, or server setup? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong...thanks for any advice/info. :salute:

Always test in the same environment the mission is for. If you are creating an online mission it's really easy to test using ATAG's server commander. And don't worry about those messages, those are on the server itself to communicate other parts of the game/server interaction. That script needs to be there though.

See here: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8034

(http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8034)

ATAG_Freya
Oct-07-2014, 18:41
Aha! Good stuff, Bliss, Thankyou! I've seen that, but didn't realize that was the way to test missions. Lol that should make life a billion times easier! -S-