PDA

View Full Version : Want to sell my BoS

Bezar
Oct-08-2014, 16:24
Hi, Want to sell my BoS, if anyone here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301346449523?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

ATAG_Colander
Oct-08-2014, 16:26
Do they (777) even allow that?

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-08-2014, 16:33
Can you sell one that is already installed?

Bezar
Oct-08-2014, 16:34
Do they (777) even allow that?

I bet they don't, that's why I make for every game separate e-mail address.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-08-2014, 16:35
I bet they don't, that's why I make for every game separate e-mail address.

Hehe, smart :D

Bezar
Oct-08-2014, 16:36
Can you sell one that is already installed?

Sorry I don't understand your question.

ATAG_Colander
Oct-08-2014, 16:37
Sorry I don't understand your question.

I guess he's asking if the key is somehow related to your particular system so it will not allow the use in a different machine and/or will disable it in yours. Kind of what Steam does.

Bezar
Oct-08-2014, 16:59
I guess he's asking if the key is somehow related to your particular system so it will not allow the use in a different machine and/or will disable it in yours. Kind of what Steam does.

I see now, thanks.
Yes, steam will track your pc, but if you buy new, you have only to put code from e-mail address to enable that pc to your account and it's done.

I'm sure that dcs have something like machine tracking thing, and you have 10 cd-keys, if you run out of them, one will appear always after 30days.

I haven't seen anything like that on BoS side, and I'm 100% sure that moving from older pc to newer, or to new location will be ok. I'm not login to BoS for x days now( I don't play it for loong time now, that's why I want too sell it btw. ), and I don't want to reappear there, so if something like that would happen, you need only e-mail to prove it.

To create new account on BoS, you need only e-mail, click the registration link, and them add to that account cd-key and its done, they aren't asking for more information, and You can't change your e-mail also, only writing to support can do that, but you would have to use good argument for that.

From FAQ:
“3) Can I make a copy of the game folder and move it to another PC?
Yes, it can be done. After the game is installed:
- copy the entire IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad folder and paste it where you want it
- install all necessary 3rd party software from ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\updater\3rd_party\
- start the game using ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe, or Launcher.exe files

4) Can I run the game on different PCs? Can I be logged into my account on different machines at the same time?
You can play the game with your account on any available PC. But it is not allowed to login to one account from multiple PCs. “

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-09-2014, 10:37
I did find this in the RoF forums by Jason Williams ...

Selling accounts is no allowed on the ROF forum. As a courtesy I will leave it up in Free Subject for another week.

Jason

This, if it applies to BoS also, does not indicate that it is not allowed.

Chief

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-09-2014, 10:52
I did find this in the RoF forums by Jason Williams ...

This, if it applies to BoS also, does not indicate that it is not allowed.

Chief

I think if you could change your email address to a neutral one (one that you could give up) selling the account wouldn't be too difficult. But the problem I see right now is the fact that you can't change your name in game. So unless the person buying it is happy with that name, at least for the time being, you're kinda stuck between a rock and hard place.

Osprey
Oct-09-2014, 11:11
I loaded up BOS once, when the first flyable came out. I disliked it enough not to bother again. Mine is not on Steam and I would hope the name can be changed.

It's a platinum $89 job, offers please by PM and I'll set up the necessary to get it all transferred.

LuseKofte
Oct-09-2014, 13:31
I think this was checked out a month ago. They will make it possible to change the account . And yes it is allowed, that is if they haven't change policy lately

Bezar
Oct-09-2014, 13:35
I think if you could change your email address to a neutral one (one that you could give up) selling the account wouldn't be too difficult. But the problem I see right now is the fact that you can't change your name in game. So unless the person buying it is happy with that name, at least for the time being, you're kinda stuck between a rock and hard place.

They said, that changing name will be available after release.
Now changing name will only change nickname on forum only, so there is option in it, but isn't working in game.

Archie
Oct-09-2014, 13:50
I sold my account no problem to someone on this forum. If you don't want to lose your email just contact 777 customer services and change the account email to a generic one (gmail etc) then the buyer gets that one with the account password after payment. I used paypal gift.
Easy.

Tvrdi
Oct-09-2014, 16:20
I thought I will sell mine with the release date (when it WILL BE possible to change ingame and forum name) but what the hell..Im selling my premium BOS account for 45$. Paypal. NOTE - All the money I will receive from this will GO for funding the ATAG server (will make a donation as soon as I see money on my account). Its a non steam version and email is made specially for this acc so seller will get both username (email-login) and pass for login into the game as well as email and pass for email attached to that ingame account. Everything.
PM me who is interested. Its half of the full price and the money goes for ATAG server.

Mastiff
Oct-10-2014, 05:28
eww boy, lots of knee jerk reactions to a beta...

Chuck_Owl
Oct-10-2014, 08:25
Mastiff... it's only a beta in name at this point, in case you hadn't noticed. The "it's only a beta" crap doesn't fly with many of us anymore.

Since the campaign release, the only content we had was bug fix patches.

Archie
Oct-10-2014, 08:27

Unless your names Jason you shouldn't worry about everyone bailing out.

1lokos
Oct-10-2014, 10:59
I ask 1GS support about sell key, the answer:

To change the E-mail address you need send us:
- activation(licence) -key
- old e-mail
- new e-mail (no game account email)

Sokol1

ATAG_Colander
Oct-10-2014, 11:18

From Wikipedia:

It generally begins when the software is feature complete. According to Mary Snow, "Beta software is when all the features are there and working, bugs have been identified and are being fixed or have been fixed."[3] Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

Hood
Oct-10-2014, 12:38
Mastiff... it's only a beta in name at this point, in case you hadn't noticed. The "it's only a beta" crap doesn't fly with many of us anymore.

Since the campaign release, the only content we had was bug fix patches.

The definition Colander posted confirms it's still a beta.

Hood

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-10-2014, 12:43
The definition Colander posted confirms it's still a beta.

Hood

Yes it does. Especially the part that says it is "feature complete".

The knee jerk reactions have nothing to do with it being beta. Just those complete features that are the absolute opposite of what hard core simmers / old IL2 hands want.

Hood
Oct-10-2014, 13:40

The knee jerk reactions have nothing to do with it being beta. Just those complete features that are the absolute opposite of what hard core simmers / old IL2 hands want.

Yep, knee jerk reactions to stuff they've known about for ages. Delayed patellar reflex I guess.

Hard core and old IL2 hands aren't synonymous, nor is the implication that all of those folks feel the same way. I'm a hard core combat flight simmer and an old IL2 hand and it's just fine for me.

Hood

Tvrdi
Oct-10-2014, 14:12

So you think that they will change (in teh last moment) the entire game from WT2 with a bit better FMs into a true IL2 46 successor? Camon....Even if they would like (and they wont because they think WT like gameplay an audence will bring them more money) time is out...And BOS doenst have open code or TF team....and most importantly, doesnt have an engine capable of things which are possible in il2 46 and CLOD...

Flyingblind
Oct-10-2014, 15:35
I think you will find Jason stated quite catagorically that he would not go down the CloD road way back when the early access alpha was first being released. He said unlike Oleg he was not going to risk the budget and the success of BoS by producing any code that was not essential to turning out a solid sim that worked as it should on final release. Given that compared to the ambition and vision that produced the code that is CloD it seemed a little pointless to pay 90 odd bucks for a game that was claiming to be the successor to IL-2 1946 but now seems little better than WT. Thank goodness for Oleg releasing all that incredible potential into the wild and thank goodness for TF using all their time and expertise to sort it out and get it working.

dburne
Oct-10-2014, 15:46

Sorry man, that might have flown a year or so ago , now at 90% complete and about a month away from release.... don't think so.

It is what it is now.

Hood
Oct-10-2014, 15:54
I think you will find Jason stated ...

You will also see in April they stated unlocks via campaign.

And from January 2013:

15) But what way or how will the BoS be better that original IL2 (including mod) other than graphical and special effects? as it is stated that "Would like to return to the original IL-2 [1946] idea. (LOFT)"

I don't know. "IL-2" with all the additions and modifications was a great product. It drew attention for more than 10 years. If ever we can approach the same result I'll be very proud. But BoS is not ten years old and we still don't have many talented assistants. So we're at the beginning. Of course, much will be done initially and it will be brighter, better, more detailed than the original "IL-2", as we have more technical capabilities. However, we have a long way to go to achieve the same amount and in some places the quality.

When I said "would like to return to the original "IL-2", I didn't mean graphics or physics, I mean only the perception of the players. We would like to make a project that would be difficult and realistic from the inside, but clean and easy on the outside, which you would want to go back and play over and over. Here is an analogy, my homeland is able to make things such as the AK-47 assault rifle :) It's worse than many advanced weapons systems with a heap of options like Jason's AR-15, but it has one distinct advantage - reliability. I would call it "friendly" submachine gun for the user. We want new IL-2 series to be the reliable and user friendly sim for WWII pilots that delivers much fun. :)

Also see the recent comments about the ME and so on.

On reflection "knee jerk" seems the wrong description as that implies unconscious reaction rather than very very delayed reaction.

Oh well.

Hood

gavagai
Oct-10-2014, 18:34
On reflection "knee jerk" seems the wrong description as that implies unconscious reaction rather than very very delayed reaction.

Oh well.

Hood

I agree here. Unlocks were announced from the beginning. Yet so many bought it anyway. Why? This was not sprung on backers at the last second. It was there in the open from the beginning.

LuseKofte
Oct-10-2014, 19:05
Well this community bail out very often, I am pretty confident that BOS will survive the loss. I really do not mind people selling out, this will only benefit everybody. despite my disappointment about SP , I still like Syndicate server so for me really nothing much have changed.

SP is going to be reworked, hope they remove the yellow writing in full realism when they do.

LuseKofte
Oct-10-2014, 19:15

The hardcore simmers from IL 2 does not want to touch cod with a long stick, most of them like the features in BOS but find the lack of planes , maps and funding tasteless.
I am among those IL dudes, I do not agree in most of it, but I agree on one thing, cod and bos failed big time succeeding IL2. In every way possible.
But to me , the one probably given up this genre most, I try it all

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-10-2014, 20:38
The hardcore simmers from IL 2 does not want to touch cod with a long stick, most of them like the features in BOS but find the lack of planes , maps and funding tasteless.
I am among those IL dudes, I do not agree in most of it, but I agree on one thing, cod and bos failed big time succeeding IL2. In every way possible.

Exactly who are you talking about?

Looking at HL, the majority of players online are playing on servers with relaxed realism settings. Hardly anyone online in a full switch server. Most of the "hard core" crowd that I remember from ADW, online wars, SEOW, etc., are in squads that show up in the stats pages as playing Clod.

I understand the SP hard core player may not be fully into Clod as TF hasn't gotten there yet. But to say the majority of them don't isn't accurate. Where's the evidence to back up your claims?

Tvrdi
Oct-11-2014, 03:28

What?? My squad is old il2 46 squad, Ive been there from 2001. and Im the only one owning the BOS...other dudes have and play only CLOD. How on earth a sim with bloody xps and unlocks, with comic FM of an FW190 and hollywood style effects, with limited engine (seow wise) - be a target sim for hardcore il2 crowd. This, never will be.

LuseKofte
Oct-11-2014, 04:21
Well then IL2 simmers are different too ;)

Continu0
Oct-11-2014, 04:35
Well then IL2 simmers are different too ;)

yep, probably...:thumbsup:

gavagai
Oct-11-2014, 08:03
I understand the SP hard core player may not be fully into Clod as TF hasn't gotten there yet. But to say the majority of them don't isn't accurate. Where's the evidence to back up your claims?

This is anecdotal, but when I browse the BOS forums I still see comments from old pilots who haven't/won't try the TF mod for Cliffs. They still think Cliffs is rubbish because of their experience with the original release. Some are tired of mods and remember how mods fragmented 1946: this server UP, this server HSFX, this server vanilla, etc. So yet another mod, no matter how good it is, is anathema to them.

Anyway, I think that is what LuseKofte meant with his comment about a long stick.

II/JG3~Siggi
Oct-11-2014, 11:51
Which is a shame, because TF is more of a patch than a mod. It's like the original CloD had the injectors upside down and TF put them right.

Mastiff
Oct-11-2014, 17:49
Exactly who are you talking about?

Looking at HL, the majority of players online are playing on servers with relaxed realism settings. Hardly anyone online in a full switch server. Most of the "hard core" crowd that I remember from ADW, online wars, SEOW, etc., are in squads that show up in the stats pages as playing Clod.

which if by my math is 80 hardcore simmers? that's about it, the Flight Sims are done... soon everyone will be playing farm simulator!:ind:

Logan
Oct-11-2014, 18:12
which if by my math is 80 hardcore simmers? that's about it, the Flight Sims are done... soon everyone will be playing farm simulator!:ind:
Will I have to grind to get enough XP's to get a big green tractor? :)
or a pink one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZn0Jz_D2k

Combat Wombat
Oct-11-2014, 18:21
Just to quote a small section of a reply " So yet another mod, no matter how good it is, is anathema to them. " I think the real reason is that some, most or all dislike the Patching process !!) the sooner there is a mode where by it can be achieved with just a simple download and install will turn a lot more heads this way ) I think I read a post a year or so back where TF was aiming towards this , Bring it on guys although thats easy for me to say. As for the sale of BOS!!after trying combat in the fw I'm just about there to.

Logan
Oct-11-2014, 18:27
I bought it twice..me and my buddy. I'm not selling it yet, but I'm not flying it either. Digital dust on the shelf I guess.

Logan
Oct-11-2014, 21:38
Will I have to grind to get enough XP's to get a big green tractor? :)
or a pink one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZn0Jz_D2k

oh come on that was funny! Right? xp grinding to get a big green tractormaybe, yeah? and a pink one.