PDA

View Full Version : Trk Replays

Drillin
Mar-25-2012, 15:51
Hey gents i could'nt find a help forum so i figure id post it in here please move if im in the wrong spot.

Im curious if when you guys are recording do you use the 'start recording' button in game. If so im curious on what program you use to replay the trk file.

thanks in advance

Drill

ATAG_Septic
Mar-26-2012, 06:09
Bump.

I'm also in need of some recording advice Drillin, I can't abide 1c forums at present so thanks for posting.

Septic

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-26-2012, 08:30
The "Start Recording" button in game doesn't mean that it's recording video. What that means is that it's recording a track, which you can replay after in game (go to extras from the main menu, then tracks, select, <file name>". The track allows you to see everything you did while flying on the server, but gives the option to turn off your interface and speed up/slow down replay speed. If you are on a server or single player with external views enabled you can get external views from everything in the track as well. To record the actual footage you need a program like Fraps or Afterburner. These will let you record live (while you are actually flying) or from tracks. Be warned, the recorded videos take a LOT of hard drive space (on my settings a 1:30 file is about 4.4 Gb). From there you can use an editing program to do whatever you want and then encode it for a much smaller file size.

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-26-2012, 09:53
Headshot does Aftereburner work with Nvidia Cards? I think it was orginally made for ATI. And a link would be appreciated. Thanks ..... :thumbsup:

ATAG_Septic
Mar-26-2012, 10:10
Headshot does Aftereburner work with Nvidia Cards? I think it was orginally made for ATI. And a link would be appreciated. Thanks ..... :thumbsup:

It [MSI Afterburner] works fine on NVIDIA in terms of clocking, and probably does in terms of recording but it's all too complex for me. I've set a key to record video, and a destination folder, but it doesn't record anything. The on-screen FPS display doesn't work for me either, although it did output ok to my logitech lcd when I had one.

Septic.

Link for 2.2 Beta15 via Guru3d; http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=2884&file=1&evp=3258169355dea81ef80035c2f6503c59

Drillin
Mar-26-2012, 12:03
The "Start Recording" button in game doesn't mean that it's recording video. What that means is that it's recording a track, which you can replay after in game (go to extras from the main menu, then tracks, select, <file name>". The track allows you to see everything you did while flying on the server, but gives the option to turn off your interface and speed up/slow down replay speed. If you are on a server or single player with external views enabled you can get external views from everything in the track as well. To record the actual footage you need a program like Fraps or Afterburner. These will let you record live (while you are actually flying) or from tracks. Be warned, the recorded videos take a LOT of hard drive space (on my settings a 1:30 file is about 4.4 Gb). From there you can use an editing program to do whatever you want and then encode it for a much smaller file size.

Yep thats what im looking for thanks bud, im aware of Fraps but was curious if it worked like LOMAC in the sense that a guy could record in game, then pick through it with fraps later on with all the externals and stuff.

Thanks

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-26-2012, 13:16
Personally I use Fraps. It works well and gets all sound, including teamspeak chat and even your own mic. Unfortunately you won't be able to get external views from footage that you take in the server. With this sim unlike IL-2 1946 if the server is set to "no external views" and all that, you can't change any from a track. I wish you could still get externals from tracks in the server but apparently they changed that because in competitions people used to save a 2 second track, quick exit and check where all the enemy planes were and tell their friends on teamspeak. With some creativity you can take the cockpit footage you get in the server and splice it with externals that you take in single player though. Keep in mind that if you do record from a track there are some bugs involved, such as the RPM gauge going all over the place and the engine sounds not working right/at all. If you want footage with proper gauge function and sound you would be best recording live instead of from a track.

Drillin
Mar-26-2012, 15:38
really bummer theres no externals, thanks for the heads up headshot:thumbsup:

ATAG_Headshot
Mar-26-2012, 21:21
I agree 100% on the externals, but that's the perfect example of a few cheaters ruining a really good thing for everyone else.

Drillin
Mar-26-2012, 22:03
yep always a meatsack everywhere you go