PDA

View Full Version : Launcher problem

Don2712
Oct-13-2014, 11:28
I realise this is not a new question but, I can't seem to get an answer to this problem.

I recently purchased CLOD installed the patches, started to run it and set it up when my hard drive failed therefore, I decided that as well as a new hard drive I would upgrade my PC specs specifically to play CLOD.

I am now running win 7 64 bit with 8 gig ram quad core 2.83cpu and a Geforce gtx 280 soon to be a 660 (when it finally arrives ) and dx11 but, I cannot start the game I get the start logo then a black screen and finally a launcher fail message.

It ran fine on my Vista 32bit prior the HDD failure and that just makes it even more frustrating now.

I did see the launcher file that connects directly to the server but, that doesn't help me as I need to get into the basic game to patch it and set it up first.

Does anyone have the answer or a viable work around for this problem?

I'm still searching for one on the web but so far no luck.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-13-2014, 11:30
Do you have any overlay software running in the background? Overwolf on Ts, AMD or Nvidia overlay software? If so, turn it off and try to launch it again.

Don2712
Oct-13-2014, 13:10
Do you have any overlay software running in the background? Overwolf on Ts, AMD or Nvidia overlay software? If so, turn it off and try to launch it again.

I'm not sure what you mean by overlay software, as far as I'm aware all I have on Nvidia is Nvidia experience and control panel which I also had when I was successfully running CLOD on Vista 32.

What I have tried so far.
Making the launcher run as admin and setting a new shortcut to it.
Verifying the Stream files.
Checking video card drivers, I have the latest.
Recreating the 1C file.
Visually checking the ini files for any obvious errors.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-13-2014, 13:14
What shows up on the fail message its important for our Tech Gurus understand the reason behind the launcher fail. So, once you can, post it here. Also, since you changed system, did you clear the cache of the game and all of the other instalation procedures?

Don2712
Oct-13-2014, 14:46
What shows up on the fail message its important for our Tech Gurus understand the reason behind the launcher fail. So, once you can, post it here. Also, since you changed system, did you clear the cache of the game and all of the other instalation procedures?

I boot the program the orange circle logo comes on then the screen goes black I've waited over 5 mins but, nothing happens just a black screen (no sound) the only way out is to ctrl alt del that is when the message comes up.
I've tried deleting the C1 file and letting it re-install but, that doesn't work.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly
windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

I've included the dmp files from C1 if that helps

12422[/ATTACH[ATTACH]12422]

Sorry, I seem to have attached it twice

Don2712
Oct-13-2014, 15:27

Problem solved!

All I did was launch another Steam game, and my virus scanner rejected a Steam first time load file I told it to accept and the game loaded fine.

That gave me the idea too try CLOD again, all I can think of is that some sort of Steam file hadn't worked / installed properly when I first ran CLOD.

CLOD was the first game I tried it may have been something my virus scanner interfered with but, if that was the case there was no notification like in the second game.

Thanks for all your help I just hope my experience may be of help to someone else.

ATAG_Freya
Oct-13-2014, 15:30
I'm not sure what you mean by overlay software, as far as I'm aware all I have on Nvidia is Nvidia experience and control panel which I also had when I was successfully running CLOD on Vista 32.

What I have tried so far.
Making the launcher run as admin and setting a new shortcut to it.
Verifying the Stream files.
Checking video card drivers, I have the latest.
Recreating the 1C file.
Visually checking the ini files for any obvious errors.

reading this: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11476

so just some thoughts...Try repairing microsoft.net and running DXsetup. (clear cache ) instructions : http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806

Also heard of issues with antivirus software causing trouble, also the dreaded windows update file...can't remember it right now, should be a post about it in the tech section. (and alot of other stuff)

Hope you get it going, :salute:

oh you got it! just as I was typing this haha. good job!

Don2712
Oct-13-2014, 15:36

Just another thought, I also installed Microsoft FSX which installed Microsoft visualC++2012
and I assume a full install of DirectX 9 and 10 perhaps this was what solved the problem as win 7 starts with Dx11 by default.