PDA

View Full Version : Flight School Applicant here.

DoubleStandards
Oct-14-2014, 12:25
Hello Pilots,

At the suggestion of other kind members in my first thread, I am here to officially request a slot in flight school.

I am equipped with a joystick with rudder twist, trackIR, and TS.

I live in Arizona, so GMT-7. I can get on during the week after 5pm and free most weekends.

The only plane I can get of the runway at this time is the Hurricane:)

I would like to get my skills up to the point that I can join a squadron.

Thank you for your time,
DS

3./JG51_Heiden
Oct-14-2014, 15:34
I am not a member of the ATAG flight school training cadre, but I can offer you personal lessons in the 109. I think, with some basic instruction, you will find it to be a joy to fly and a highly capable fighter. You can PM me if you want to know more. Otherwise, good luck to you and your training endeavors!

ATAG_Colander
Oct-14-2014, 15:42
I am not a member of the ATAG flight school training cadre, but I can offer you personal lessons in the 109. I think, with some basic instruction, you will find it to be a joy to fly and a highly capable fighter. You can PM me if you want to know more. Otherwise, good luck to you and your training endeavors!

No need to be ATAG. Anyone is more than welcome to help fellow pilots.

DoubleStandards
Oct-14-2014, 15:44

Thank you kind sir. I may take you up on that. The 109 is my favorite plane from the era and would love to fly it in game. I just watched a few of your videos last night. Very informative, thank you.

javelina
Oct-14-2014, 23:11
A fellow 'Zoner! nice! Good luck with you flight training! :thumbsup:

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-15-2014, 03:53
Just a suggestion on take off that I found helped me...try aileron....I found if the aircraft (Spits and Hurris) started to yaw on take off then full opposite aileron seemed to stop a wing from digging in with gentle rudder to correct it...Try it...it may help you too.....Good Luck and don't forget that learning this sim is all part of the fun...and make no bones about it we are all still learning....its just that some have it more learned than others....good luck..~S~

DoubleStandards
Oct-15-2014, 18:12
Thanks guys for all the advise guys.

I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but I have decided to jump straight into the plane I truly wanted to fly, the glorious
Messerschmitt Bf 109 Heiden was kind enough to offer to run me through the paces. So, I guess its off to the Blue Team barracks I go :recon:

ATAG_Lewis
Oct-15-2014, 19:27
Thanks guys for all the advise guys.

I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but I have decided to jump straight into the plane I truly wanted to fly, the glorious
Messerschmitt Bf 109 Heiden was kind enough to offer to run me through the paces. So, I guess its off to the Blue Team barracks I go :recon:

Fly how ever you want in what ever you want...thems the rules...hehe..have fun with it buddy...Its good to have you here...~S~

mutleyxxx
Oct-25-2014, 11:24
Hello Pilots,

At the suggestion of other kind members in my first thread, I am here to officially request a slot in flight school.

I am equipped with a joystick with rudder twist, trackIR, and TS.

I live in Arizona, so GMT-7. I can get on during the week after 5pm and free most weekends.

The only plane I can get of the runway at this time is the Hurricane:)

I would like to get my skills up to the point that I can join a squadron.

Thank you for your time,
DS

Hi - on single engine props there will be a lot of yaw to the left on the ground and a yaw and wing roll to the left once wheels of the ground.. This is a true reflection of real life 'Gyroscopic Yaw' experienced by Single Engine Props aircraft.. as the prop spins the natural gyroscopic response is to rotate (yaw) with the corkscrew force of the turning prop and the corkscrew of the air across the fuselage hitting the vertical stabiliser at the rear - hence yaw to the left.. Right rudder will off set, the greater the change of power the large the yaw.. it will normalise out as speed is gained.. you also need a slight bit of right rudder during straight and level flight (or use rudder trim) as gyroscopic force remains but is less noticeable in the air vs ground (which provides higher resistance and traction).
Gyroscopic force is a key subject in real life pilot EASE pilot curriculum..
Also - it is the the general rule to exert a slight bit of rudder in the same direction of a turn to avoid adverse yaw (but I'm not sure how realistic that is in CLoD) but doing so keeps the plane in balance and avoids 'slipping'.