PDA

View Full Version : How to stay in a flak gun or tank

3./JG51_Stecher
Oct-15-2014, 23:14
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, or if it's been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it by searching the forums or googling for it. When I try to get into a flak gun on our server, I'm able to do it, but it kicks me to an external view of it after about 5 seconds. I can't get back in to it, and it happens even with external views disabled on the server. I can get into and stay in a flak gun on the ATAG server, so I'm thinking they've set something up to prevent what is happening to me. I don't know if it's in a mission script or a server setting, or something else entirely. Can anyone enlighten me on how to get this working? Thanks.

ATAG_Bliss
Oct-15-2014, 23:44
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post, or if it's been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it by searching the forums or googling for it. When I try to get into a flak gun on our server, I'm able to do it, but it kicks me to an external view of it after about 5 seconds. I can't get back in to it, and it happens even with external views disabled on the server. I can get into and stay in a flak gun on the ATAG server, so I'm thinking they've set something up to prevent what is happening to me. I don't know if it's in a mission script or a server setting, or something else entirely. Can anyone enlighten me on how to get this working? Thanks.

Here's the config as we discussed:

[NET]
serverName=ATAG's Axis vs Allies (TF 4.312)
serverDescription=ATAG Full Realism Mission Join TS3 @ 216.52.148.29:9987
speed=15000
localPort=27016
SkinDownload=0
maxPlayers=100
serverInfo1=Get the patch at ATAG Forums
serverInfo2=www.TheAirTacticalAssaultGroup.com/Forum
serverInfo3=Join us on Teamspeak3 @
serverInfo4=216.52.148.29:9987
VAC=0
tryDirectConnect=1

[MsgLevel]
ActorCreateAlly=0
ActorCreateEnemy=0

[Console]
IP=8888
IPS=127.0.0.1
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=logs10-15.txt
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
PAGE=20
LOGKEEP=1

[BOB]
difficulty=296222719
enabledVoice=1
enabledMusic=1

[sound]
SoundUse=0
speakers=-1
vgMaster=15
vgMusic=15
vgVoice=15
[core]
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
SpawnHumans=1

[rts]
scriptAppDomain = 0

ATAG_Colander
Oct-16-2014, 09:15
On an MP server with external views disabled you do not use ALT-F2.
Instead, press escape, select the gun from the menu and enjoy :D

3./JG51_Stecher
Oct-22-2014, 00:40
Thanks for the suggestions guys. It turns out I had the problem completely misidentified. It had nothing to do with any setting I had (or needed to have) on the server or mission files or anything like that. I was doing everything right. The HR campaign script actually had a line in it that kicked you out of ground vehicles, because they don't have it set up to process the player status when manning ground objects. HR_Grainovich was able to tell me which line to comment out, and now all the ground units work in the server. For the way I was thinking about using them in our campaign, I actually don't want it to track and enforce player status. The one life policy is only for people in planes. So the reason they disabled it, is actually going to allow us to use it exactly as we wanted. Lucky us.

I do have questions on two other aspects of this feature though.

First, our pilots cannot see the human flak guns traversing or firing. They appear dormant, even when they are shooting at them (and can hit and do damage). Can you confirm this? And is there anything that can be done? Conversely, human tanks do appear to move and can be observed firing by other players in aircraft.

Second, there seems to be a range for available flak/tanks that we can select. From the base you most recently spawned into with a plane, can we only pick ground objects which are a certain distance away? 20km perhaps? If this is correct, is it configurable somewhere?