PDA

View Full Version : Loosing the will to live...

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-22-2014, 05:37
Hey,

Someone please for the love of God explain to me these, which should be simple things..

1) why when I update this game do I lose keybindings? I've seriously lost count now how many times I've had to do this since I had the misfortune of installing this game

2) why when I do the above and saave the input folder, does it not bloody recognise any bindings in game when I copy and paste the same folder into the directory, what is all that about?

3)now that I finally have 'some' bindings done as I don't want to waste half the day doing them all is my throttle now inverted, and the option to invest them makes no difference whatsoever.. I've tried making it to all engines and engine 1, makes no difference.

I keep coming back to bos every month or so hoping il get to like it, but I have to tell you.. This situation is starting to bite on me balls..

I thankyou and any help will be appreciated.. Hate the bos forums with a passion, worse than the banana forums of old, hence why I'm posting here.

:)

Hood
Oct-22-2014, 05:47
Hate the bos forums with a passion, worse than the banana forums of old, hence why I'm posting here.

I feel your pain. I copy and paste the input folder and it always works fine for me. Some can, some can't - don't know why.

My suggestion - wait until official release is confirmed.

And this forum is getting like the banana forum, just not yet as vicious (quieter recently for some reason).

Hood

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-22-2014, 06:12
They had a G940 profile too... Didn't work!

Copied input folder over, imported file into profiler and launched game via profiler and nothing..

Why is it so hard to get this working for everyone.. Never had such drama with updating a game version and mapping keys from any game like this and that includes Beta's..

Its almost sad.

Dakpilot
Oct-22-2014, 07:05
Cant really help but one thing springs to mind..do you have it installed in "PROGRAM FILES" in Win 7 or above, cut and paste it somewhere(create a folder) outside of those files ( C/IL-2BOS/IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad), win7 has some strange ways of handling files when installed there(C/program Files) that are not friendly to games

Maybe I have just been lucky, but since the entire early access apart from the two mandatory re-installs I have never had to re-do keybindings and only had throttle reversal once very early, on with no recurrence, MSFFB2 +Saitek Throttle quadrant

Cheers Dakpilot

Cassius
Oct-22-2014, 07:31
I feel your pain. I copy and paste the input folder and it always works fine for me. Some can, some can't - don't know why.

My suggestion - wait until official release is confirmed.

And this forum is getting like the banana forum, just not yet as vicious (quieter recently for some reason).

Hood

Official release today is confirmed by 1C Game Studios.
http://il2sturmovik.com/news/

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-22-2014, 08:15
OK, well unless there is another update which I doubt, this version is the retail one. Il try the directory tip, see if that helps as atm it is installed in Programs.

Thks

dburne
Oct-22-2014, 08:20
OK, well unless there is another update which I doubt, this version is the retail one. Il try the directory tip, see if that helps as atm it is installed in Programs.

Thks

Fwiw, I never install any games inside the Program Files folder structure for that reason, Windows gets very finicky on stuff in there with permissions and all.
Not saying that is your issue, but certainly a possibility.

requiem
Oct-22-2014, 08:22
They had a G940 profile too... Didn't work!

Copied input folder over, imported file into profiler and launched game via profiler and nothing..

Why is it so hard to get this working for everyone.. Never had such drama with updating a game version and mapping keys from any game like this and that includes Beta's..

Its almost sad.

If that was my G940 profile I'm sorry about that. With all the frequent updates in the last couple of weeks I've held off on updating it. Having to update that G940 setup in my post EVERY time there is an update is a bit of a pain, and those who already have it don't need to re-download it. I'll put a new one up now.

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-22-2014, 08:34
Hey mate..

If it works, that would be a great help.
Thks

requiem
Oct-22-2014, 08:44
I just updated it, so give it a try. It *should* work.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3625-il-2-bos-tutorials-tir-profile-g940-controls-sweetfx-updated/

1lokos
Oct-22-2014, 09:33
Cant really help but one thing springs to mind..do you have it installed in "PROGRAM FILES" in Win 7 or above, cut and paste it somewhere(create a folder) outside of those files ( C/IL-2BOS/IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad), win7 has some strange ways of handling files when installed there(C/program Files) that are not friendly to games

This. Probable the Windows is the culprit.

I install in D:\il-2 BoS and had no problem with key binds, inverted axis, etc.

Sokol1

Bearcat
Oct-22-2014, 09:59
Hey,

Someone please for the love of God explain to me these, which should be simple things..

1) why when I update this game do I lose keybindings? I've seriously lost count now how many times I've had to do this since I had the misfortune of installing this game

2) why when I do the above and saave the input folder, does it not bloody recognise any bindings in game when I copy and paste the same folder into the directory, what is all that about?

3)now that I finally have 'some' bindings done as I don't want to waste half the day doing them all is my throttle now inverted, and the option to invest them makes no difference whatsoever.. I've tried making it to all engines and engine 1, makes no difference.

I keep coming back to bos every month or so hoping il get to like it, but I have to tell you.. This situation is starting to bite on me balls..

I thankyou and any help will be appreciated.. Hate the bos forums with a passion, worse than the banana forums of old, hence why I'm posting here.

I think there were some modifications to the files on several updates that are not compatible. On a few I tried the cut and paste and it nerfed my install.. After the 3rd time of having to do this I just decided to stop doing it (rebinding) until it was done... Now that BoS is released I will re do my bindings and save them and from here on out it should not be a problem. As for the forums there being worse than the yellow boards of old... :goofy:ind::) You have got to be kidding right... LOL...

Mudcat
Oct-22-2014, 10:40
Hey,

if you check it out about once a month, just a quick question, did you uninstall it a few weeks ago when they did week 81? You not only had to re-install but also delete any other related files. If you are trying to use a profile from before then that's probably why it's not working. If you did re-do it since that last re-install then I'm not sure, I think bottom line, you're probably stuck re-binding everything. Just trying to help, unfortunately, not sure you can use an older profile :(

9./JG52 Jamz Dackel
Oct-22-2014, 12:10
As for the forums there being worse than the yellow boards of old... :goofy:ind::) You have got to be kidding right... LOL...

Ok..you've got me :)

if you check it out about once a month, just a quick question, did you uninstall it a few weeks ago when they did week 81? You not only had to re-install but also delete any other related files. If you are trying to use a profile from before then that's probably why it's not working. If you did re-do it since that last re-install then I'm not sure, I think bottom line, you're probably stuck re-binding everything. Just trying to help, unfortunately, not sure you can use an older profile :(

Think Im going to uninstall the lot..and do it all again in a different Dir

I just updated it, so give it a try. It *should* work.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3625-il-2-bos-tutorials-tir-profile-g940-controls-sweetfx-updated/

Thks mate..il give it a go

Bearcat
Oct-22-2014, 16:59

This... Through out the entire process since early access started I think there were like 4 updates where you had to wipe everything and start from scratch.. After the last one I just decided to wait it out since it wasn't like I had a lot of time to fly anyway.

heinkill
Oct-23-2014, 11:55
Not so much losing the will to live, as the will to play.

Finding the game just doesn't 'grab' me. It's a bit like X Plane with guns, but no scenery. Or DCS. Great planes, no game. MP seems bit more engaging but I am getting freezes since last patch, every few missions.

Havent touched it for a couple days, don't really feel like picking it up, bad sign for a new game. But maybe that's because its not a new new game, had it a year already and was hoping the SP experience would nail it, but apparently not.

H

dburne
Oct-26-2014, 17:54

Same here, the SP and Campaign just do not grab me in any way, I just can't work up the will to play it.

I keep updating the game, not really sure why though at this point, I am certainly not logging any time into it.
I keep hoping for something new for us SP guys, not sure ever going to see it though. Maybe some user made stuff, but I have not been able to find out much about how even that is going to work.

hnbdgr
Oct-27-2014, 10:54

Finding the game just doesn't 'grab' me. It's a bit like X Plane with guns, but no scenery. Or DCS. Great planes, no game. MP seems bit more engaging but I am getting freezes since last patch, every few missions.

Havent touched it for a couple days, don't really feel like picking it up, bad sign for a new game. But maybe that's because its not a new new game, had it a year already and was hoping the SP experience would nail it, but apparently not.

H

SP is so bland, it's a damn shame. It's really a quick mission builder that earns you xp rather then anything else. no immersion, no career, no story. flying for germans one mission then for the soviets then germans again ??!?. disappointed atm.

Foul Ole Ron
Oct-27-2014, 18:47
It's pretty dull stuff alright. I spent 18+ hours grinding out most of the unlocks I wanted. Really was a chore for the most part. Take-off, autopilot to near the action zone and then take over and fight for a bit before autopiloting 70km or so back to base again. Rinse and repeat over and over.

Arthursmedley
Oct-28-2014, 19:44
It's pretty dull stuff alright. I spent 18+ hours grinding out most of the unlocks I wanted. Really was a chore for the most part. Take-off, autopilot to near the action zone and then take over and fight for a bit before autopiloting 70km or so back to base again. Rinse and repeat over and over.

It doesn't have to be a bore. Make everything a ground attack or bombing mission in normal mode. Hit play, hit auto pilot, hit x2 time compression. Bring up the main map and then minimise to desktop.

Then - as I did tonight - fire up IL2 1946 and fly coops with squad buddies. End coop, minimise, check out your haul of XP in BoS, launch another mission, fly more coops or even fire up CoD - it works too!!!!

Amongst the haul tonight;
:stunned:

hnbdgr
Oct-29-2014, 04:21
It doesn't have to be a bore. Make everything a ground attack or bombing mission in normal mode. Hit play, hit auto pilot, hit x2 time compression. Bring up the main map and then minimise to desktop.

Then - as I did tonight - fire up IL2 1946 and fly coops with squad buddies. End coop, minimise, check out your haul of XP in BoS, launch another mission, fly more coops or even fire up CoD - it works too!!!!

haha you need a pretty powerful machine for that i bet :)

Arthursmedley
Oct-29-2014, 05:07
haha you need a pretty powerful machine for that i bet :)

Surprisingly, no. I've got an i7 930 running at 3.7ghz and a 6600ti.

Jaws
Oct-29-2014, 08:44

Hahaha. That's how I did the 111 as well. The only plane I fully unlocked. I had some time this weekend, so I'd start a mission, give it to the AI, hit 2x speed then I went to change my shocks. I come back and restart another mission, then go do other stuff I had to do.

Look what the AI got for me:

http://s25.postimg.org/qsito4pkr/2014_10_27_16_27_48.png (http://postimg.org/image/qsito4pkr/)

http://s25.postimg.org/r40a0w60r/2014_10_27_16_27_6.png (http://postimg.org/image/r40a0w60r/)

http://s25.postimg.org/gjqcib1iz/2014_10_28_16_47_5.png (http://postimg.org/image/gjqcib1iz/)

I still don't have all my controls setup though. :(

heinkill
Oct-30-2014, 15:43
Hahaha. That's how I did the 111 as well. The only plane I fully unlocked. I had some time this weekend, so I'd start a mission, give it to the AI, hit 2x speed then I went to change my shocks. I come back and restart another mission, then go do other stuff I had to do.

Look what the AI got for me:

http://s25.postimg.org/qsito4pkr/2014_10_27_16_27_48.png (http://postimg.org/image/qsito4pkr/)

http://s25.postimg.org/r40a0w60r/2014_10_27_16_27_6.png (http://postimg.org/image/r40a0w60r/)

http://s25.postimg.org/gjqcib1iz/2014_10_28_16_47_5.png (http://postimg.org/image/gjqcib1iz/)

I still don't have all my controls setup though. :(

Admire your perserverence, envy your unlocks, but that is tragic at so many levels.

H

Jaws
Oct-31-2014, 10:35
Admire your perserverence, envy your unlocks, but that is tragic at so many levels.

H

btw. There was a little tool posted in the graphics presets thread, that could be used to unlock the presets. They plugged that hole with the last patch, but you can use that tool to extract all the skins in the game.
We can't use skins yet, but once they release the skin viewer and allow players to use skins in some game modes, I don't see why you couldn't be able to use all this skins.

hnbdgr
Oct-31-2014, 10:40
In soviet russia, skins choose you.

LizLemon
Oct-31-2014, 16:41
btw. There was a little tool posted in the graphics presets thread, that could be used to unlock the presets. They plugged that hole with the last patch, but you can use that tool to extract all the skins in the game.
We can't use skins yet, but once they release the skin viewer and allow players to use skins in some game modes, I don't see why you couldn't be able to use all this skins.

I bet something like noesis could get new skins in game. People were doing it with wt before they added in skin support.