PDA

View Full Version : il-2 BoS Developement finished!

1lokos
Oct-22-2014, 09:30
The "NEW" il-2 Sturmovik is done.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11976-we-proudly-present-you/

За РОДИНА! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDAXeqys3QU)
За отпереть! Нет шаг назад!

:D

Sokol1

ChiefRedCloud
Oct-22-2014, 10:13
Dear pilots,

We present you a new game in the IL-2 Sturmovik series. It was both hard and enjoyable to work on it. It’s a pleasure to be creating a continuation of the game that once won the world’s recognition in the genre - yes, it’s no easy to make something worth everyone’s attention. We’ve been persistent on our way to the dream, we started as players and turned into makers. The very game release proves that tenacious dreamers can accomplish their goals.

And the goal was to create the game withing minimum time because the IL-2 series had lived through some hard times and significant gaps between releases. We worried that players might forget the genre in the wreckless rithm of modern entertainment industry, and that we might release a game too complicated and slow for players. But we never lost our focus on the very core of flight simulation. Physics, aerodynamics, ballistics, and precise recreation of military vehicles. We wanted you not only know but also - feel like you’re flying. Feel yourselves surrounded by the clean ice-cold air, feel the power of a combat machine in your hands. The game remains on the base of persistent and continuos wish to improve your skills. And we, keeping this base gameplay untouched, added the best features of other genres to create one of the most hardcore and honest games on the market.

We enjoyed making the IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad, that was so cool, and we hope you’ll enjoy playing it as well. We’re sure that the game will work correctly on your PCs but we are ready to make all necessary corrections if something goes wrong. If you encounter any technical difficulties, please, submit a ticket to our customer support, or tell us about your issue on the forum or on our social network pages - we’ll read it. Well, we’ve taken off, all parameters are ok. We’ll see what’s next later, when we climb a little higher. Thank you for your enthusiasm and your trust.

Thanks for your support,

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Team

Tvrdi
Oct-22-2014, 10:41
Theyr done and Im done with them. Unlocks, no custom graphic options, WT like effects, crappy MP performance even for some folks with good rigs...My copy is still for sale cheap cheap

Wish them good luck with their target audience though

Mysticpuma
Oct-22-2014, 12:37
I'm surprised at the unlocks staying as they ran a poll for customer feedback and the main vote winning was basically totally against it (can't find poll now?)

I'm also surprised at the Graphics options being effectively locked out....unless these become one of the campaign 'unlocks' :devilish:

Got to say that watching the develpment from the start and then the unlocks curveball being pitched just a few weeks ago, the absolute uproar it caused, the poll by Jason going totally against it.....and nothing changed and it got released....blimey, so much for listening to feedback!

After reading the post regarding transposing names of the Microsoft Flight with BoS and re-reading the review, I'm just surprised it's out the door, still with Campaign crashes, still with unlocks, still with locked graphics options, no triple monitor support, etc, etc. My main issue is they know about these issues and have released it 'buggy' on purpose, rather than hold back.

This wasn't the same for Cliffs as the community weren't playing it to test it in an early access version.....the bugs were all found out after it was released.

In the case of BoS, they know about the bugs, but basically said....'whatever, we're selling it and you can now cross your fingers we fix it as we promised we would with all the RoF issues', and we know how reliable that promise was?

That said, at-least the meta-critic reviews can start properly....but I wouldn't trust any I read for the next 2-3 days as this is now the 'release' software and people need time to test it before writing full reviews.....so anything after the 24th I'd look at as genuine?

Cheers, MP

heinkill
Oct-22-2014, 12:49
I wish them well. Know how it feels to get to the end of a three year project...you celebrate for a few nights, wake up and realise now you have to move on, start again, fix what's broken. If it goes well the investors raise their expectations so high you can't meet them, if it doesn't go well they start looking for scapegoats.

My advice to the dev crew, take your bonuses (if you got 'em), drink a healthy part, invest the rest and shop your CV to new employers who pay better while the launch is still shiny and fresh.

H

LBR=H.Ostermann
Oct-22-2014, 12:56
S!

Is really that russians have a version with only 2 planes (you have to unlock others in campaign) for U$ 12,00?

Hood
Oct-22-2014, 13:29
Theyr done and Im done with them. Unlocks, no custom graphic options, WT like effects, crappy MP performance even for some folks with good rigs...My copy is still for sale cheap cheap

Bye.

@Mystic, I'm not debating the rights or wrongs of it but the unlocks curveball was out in the open and a long time in coming. When the reality hit well that's when the complaints started but you can't say people weren't told.

We'll see about the bugs but going by the last week or so they'll be releasing lots of hotfixes.

Hood

heinkill
Oct-22-2014, 13:41
S!

Is really that russians have a version with only 2 planes (you have to unlock others in campaign) for U$ 12,00?

Not on Steam or the .ru Sturmovik site. Just standard game for 60, premium for 100 and Lagg or FW 20 bucks each (no benefit or discount to buying premium if you dont want both).

Loft said on a dev update there would be a two plane version with planes unlocked by grinding, then Jason jumped in and said it would not be free. That was last I heard.

1lokos
Oct-22-2014, 13:59
Looks like will be a DVD version:

"The Russian market will also apply a special "Starter" edition in Jewel-box for as low as 499 rubles." ( ~12U$).*

Loft - Only in retail. It is available now only for a specific audience that can not afford to buy in the figure. And just for Russia.

Player -that is, you can buy the game for 500 Rubles, and unlock all planes?

Zak -All remaining 6 (IL-2, Yak-1, Pe-2, Ju 87, Bf 109G, He 111, ) except premium (Fw 190, La5)

Player - likely as in REF. a minimum set of planes.

Loft - Yes. 2 aircraft (LaGG-3, Bf 109 F) and open everything. All other aircraft, (need) open.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/2045-obsuzhdenie-83-j-chasti-dnevnikov-razrabotchika/page-28

The SP Campaign structure is already ready for this.

* A good reason to "grind for unlocks". :D

Sokol1

LuseKofte
Oct-22-2014, 14:15

Oh am I a target audience? what do you call me when I fly cod? :ind:

1lokos
Oct-22-2014, 14:26
Oh am I a target audience? :ind:

No, you are founder supporter. :thumbsup:

Sokol1

Mudcat
Oct-22-2014, 14:30
I'm surprised at the unlocks staying as they ran a poll for customer feedback and the main vote winning was basically totally against it (can't find poll now?)

I'm also surprised at the Graphics options being effectively locked out....unless these become one of the campaign 'unlocks' :devilish:

somewhere on the 2nd page of that poll from Jason he said

Posted 15 October 2014 - 00:26
Guys,

Just because the poll goes one way or another does not mean with any certainty that the system will change. I'm just giving you a way to clearly state your opinion without slinging mud. Maybe the team will feel compelled to do something or maybe not. I do not know what will happen and it's out of my control. I just want you to have a chance to be heard. Beyond that I do not know if anything will change.

Jason

Take from that what you will

But concerning the graphic settings, dare I say it, but I actually like the idea. Why? Well, in short, it keeps people honest. While some folks will mess with the settings to get the game looking the best they possibly can or run better, there are others out there who intentionally use the graphic settings (usually by lowering aspects) to gain an advantage. Depending on settings what may appear as a few faint small pixels off in the distance, can be made a much larger block etc. Heck you should see the psychedelic rainbow of colors people would intentionally turn their game into on WT for spotting purposes. That or other simple things like in CloD where people occasionally will run through trees on purpose, if you don't have trees turned on it's not a problem, but if you do, then suddenly you are at a disadvantage. Those are just some examples. If having a few preset options limits that kind of thing, then maybe it's not all so bad.

*puts on fireproof suit*

SorcererDave
Oct-22-2014, 14:46
Eh, frankly not providing proper graphics settings on ANY modern PC game is completely unacceptable. They need to get that sorted out pronto.

LuseKofte
Oct-22-2014, 14:52
Well, tweaking graphics to spot better sounds familiar, does it not?
But that is up to everybody to do, it is really no cheat. I prefer best possible settings and get shot down

dburne
Oct-22-2014, 15:28
Eh, frankly not providing proper graphics settings on ANY modern PC game is completely unacceptable. They need to get that sorted out pronto.

I agree wholeheartedly, but they don't seem to be listening on this issue.

LuseKofte
Oct-22-2014, 15:53
They really make it hard to like their game, but I fight on

Continu0
Oct-22-2014, 15:55
They really make it hard to like their game, but I fight on

That`s the spirit of a true flight sim addict! ... lol...

ATAG_((dB))
Oct-22-2014, 16:11
What I find strange, is that the same guy said last week that if the Metacritics rating was not Improving in december they would pack there bag and go home? Have I imagine that?

SorcererDave
Oct-22-2014, 16:16
Can we maybe not re-open that can of worms? I'm sick of threads getting locked all the time in this subforum.

bongodriver
Oct-22-2014, 16:21
if canned worms is all that is on the menu then you have no choice but to open one.......or dine else where.

SorcererDave
Oct-22-2014, 16:30
^Exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe all you like doing is beating dead horses, but some of us would like to use this forum to do something other than complain.

Tvrdi
Oct-22-2014, 16:45
Oh am I a target audience? what do you call me when I fly cod? :ind:

Why do you hang on my every move mate? I was just a bit sarcastic. When I was mentioning their target audience I was thinking about their warthunder part of teh community for which they surely cheered with this unlocking and xpoints grinding crap...and with that WT-like smoke and blurry fire effects

if canned worms is all that is on the menu then you have no choice but to open one.......or dine else where.

All the sim dev-sing is a can of greedy worms and beancounters and I have no respect to those but only to ppl who are doing everything out of passion fro free and you know who they are so I will stick to them and I really dont care anymore for halfarcadish products...

bongodriver
Oct-22-2014, 16:50
^Exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe all you like doing is beating dead horses, but some of us would like to use this forum to do something other than complain.

I don't like beating any horses, I don't think you quite understood the tone of my post but nevermind.

Tvrdi
Oct-22-2014, 16:51
LOL Bongo the hypnotised and drugged mob wants to hang you it seams...And they seemed just like a nice casual "simming folks". BTW the usual "I will kill for your blood JW" mob is there.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11995-come-bongo-how-it/

RAF74_Buzzsaw
Oct-22-2014, 17:03
Seems to me the same old arguments are being re-hashed in this thread.

Facts are, BoS is out... the developers have made their decisions... and people will either buy or not buy.

Since there are not a lot of options in the Flight Sim field, I think the fact the consumer has a choice is better than if the game never existed.

I am sure a lot of people will get enjoyment out of the game, others perhaps not so much.

Personally I think the more Flight Sims in the market, the better. With that in mind, I hope it makes money. :salute:

Hood
Oct-22-2014, 17:52
Seems to me the same old arguments are being re-hashed in this thread.

Yep. It's the "It's rubbish, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." followed by those folks that post that stuff hanging around for some reason. Everyone else says, "Give it a chance" or "Don't treat it like CLOD was treated". Then it's "It's rubbish or arcade, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." followed by those folks that post that stuff hanging around for some reason. Thhhheeeeen everyone else says... Then CLOD comes into as the benchmark for combat flight sims and then it gets rude.

Probably worth getting rid of the entire forum as it is always an attack/defend situation rather than a discussion about good/bad features or for support etc.

But folks want it because they get upset at the intolerance on the BOS forums and they think this is a place where they can criticise to their heart's content, though I do sometimes wonder if their upset would be better targeted at themselves. You can criticise but it's how you do it that's important. Instead of reasoned and constructive criticism it's "It's rubbish, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." and so on.

Anyway, that's enough waffling for me. BoS can speak for itself now we're at release. I reckon a month or so of hotfixes and then we're away.

Hood

Tvrdi
Oct-22-2014, 18:06
Yep. It's the "It's rubbish, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." followed by those folks that post that stuff hanging around for some reason. Everyone else says, "Give it a chance" or "Don't treat it like CLOD was treated". Then it's "It's rubbish or arcade, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." followed by those folks that post that stuff hanging around for some reason. Thhhheeeeen everyone else says... Then CLOD comes into as the benchmark for combat flight sims and then it gets rude.

Probably worth getting rid of the entire forum as it is always an attack/defend situation rather than a discussion about good/bad features or for support etc.

But folks want it because they get upset at the intolerance on the BOS forums and they think this is a place where they can criticise to their heart's content, though I do sometimes wonder if their upset would be better targeted at themselves. You can criticise but it's how you do it that's important. Instead of reasoned and constructive criticism it's "It's rubbish, I won't play it, I'm finished with it...." and so on.

Anyway, that's enough waffling for me. BoS can speak for itself now we're at release. I reckon a month or so of hotfixes and then we're away.

Hood

You want discussion?

here it is:

BOS has outdated cockpits (not much beter than modded il2 46 cockpits)
BOS is DX9 which looks uglier than dx9 in ROF and completely outdated compared to CLOD and other modern games and sims
BOS was done in 2 yrs and ROF in 5
BOS has WT like smoke and fire effects
BOS has questionable FMs...all teh sims do but if LaGG is rolling as FW190 something is very wrong
BOS has unlocks like its not a hardcore sim
BOS doesnt allow custom made skins, both in SP and MP
BOS has unlocks which can be done only in SP (skins, mods, additional weapons)
BOS has crappy MP netcode and stilll badly optimised (some folks, evensome guys with better machines has serious performance issues in mp, SP is ok)
BOS stil doesnt have ME and when it will be available it will be a geek mess like in ROF
BOS doesnt have custom video options as ANY other serious sim or game on the market which leaves ppl (spec those with with slower machines) unable to fine tune the looks/performance and all customersare left with ugly post effects, SSA etc which hits every system hard
BOS wasnt done out of love for sims but to make money on IL2 name..the project was started in the middle of ROF development (which still waits for its fixes, FMs etc)
BOS stil doenst have a proper campaign

Those are the practical reasons I dont have an interest into this sim....
Your arguments?..

this is discussion

Ohms
Oct-22-2014, 18:51
Guy's it's time to take a step back and look at the big picture, which is that we have another flight sim. Some like it some don't and that's fine. For those who think it's a waste of time just leave it alone and concern yourself with other things. For those who like it have fun. Both sides of the argument have made there points on why they do or do not like BOS, but you will not change anyone's mind with this tit for tat , mines bigger than yours argument. Just my and only my two cents opinion.

Ohms

Chivas
Oct-22-2014, 19:11
Well hopefully the sim sells well enough to make further work on the series worthwhile. I know they've talked about another theater on the eastern front, so its quite possible that alot of the work done on the next theater, could improve the existing theater.

Skoshi_Tiger
Oct-22-2014, 19:13
Well, good luck to the developers and I hope they get the opportunity to keep on developing the IL2 franchise.

If they've had to make compromises to release on a tight schedule, I can accept that, but now it's up to them to make this game reach it's full potential.

Any sim/game that is released in its final state is doomed. To become really great, like the original IL2 series, it needs continual updates, development and expansion. Everyone with half a brain knew that CoD was released very prematurely and it was a pity that it's developers didn't have the opportunity to make it really shine. (Thanks TF for keeping the dream alive!!!)

Hopefully Jason and guys at 1CGS will have better luck.

ATAG_Dave
Oct-22-2014, 19:27
Guy's it's time to take a step back and look at the big picture, which is that we have another flight sim. Some like it some don't and that's fine. For those who think it's a waste of time just leave it alone and concern yourself with other things. For those who like it have fun. Both sides of the argument have made there points on why they do or do not like BOS, but you will not change anyone's mind with this tit for tat , mines bigger than yours argument. Just my and only my two cents opinion.

Ohms

This.

SorcererDave
Oct-22-2014, 19:45
I remember hearing a rumour that they might eventually work towards producing a Pacific theater expansion, but I don't know if there's anything to that. Be nice if it's true though.

Blade_Meister
Oct-22-2014, 20:44
:glaughter::glaughter::glaughter:roflmao:yikes:: This is to Freakin Funny. Back to the Grinding Comrades!

S!Blade<><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdPTKfL2gA

Bearcat
Oct-22-2014, 21:46
Ohms

.. and that is a good thing.... and regardless to what some may say the only thing BoS has in common with WT is that they both have airplanes sky and ground in them. BoS is not perfect.. but it is a good product.. I never understood where all the rancor came from... At the end of the day regardless to what we may feel.. it is a PC game and some of us spend more on alcohol and tobacco in a month than they paid for this game. I agree with Ohms ... if you don't like it don't fly it.. but there are only 3 WWII sims out at the moment to fly (IL2, CoD and BoS) if you want to ..... 4 if you count the WWII content in DCS.. because while DCS is a great sim it isn't a WWII sim yet... so why the drama.

Dutch
Oct-22-2014, 22:55
Well I just hope that the devs receive the same weight of vitriol thrown at them as did Maddox games. But only because I feel a little vengeful for all the '777 v Maddox Games' spite over the past few years.

Seems to me that any blame for either debacle should lie firmly at 1C's door.

LuseKofte
Oct-23-2014, 02:16
Why do you hang on my every move mate? I was just a bit sarcastic. When I was mentioning their target audience I was thinking about their warthunder part of teh community for which they surely cheered with this unlocking and xpoints grinding crap...and with that WT-like smoke and blurry fire effects

Because you and others attack the users of the game, it is respect less and arrogant. This attitude I had to cope with in every fucking topic in this section. That is why you should take it the one time you get it back

All the sim dev-sing is a can of greedy worms and beancounters and I have no respect to those but only to ppl who are doing everything out of passion fro free and you know who they are so I will stick to them and I really dont care anymore for halfarcadish products...

I have problems with the developers myself, but they run a business and the funding are cheaper and the same as DCS, I would say you pay for the quality in DCS , but it the same funding, I have yet to see anyone criticize them.

TheVino3
Oct-23-2014, 02:22
Because you and others attack the users of the game, it is respect less and arrogant. This attitude I had to cope with in every fucking topic in this section. That is why you should take it the one time you get it back

Sorry but when did he attack the users of the game? When did anyone attack you for liking BoS?

LuseKofte
Oct-23-2014, 02:34
IT is the general arrogant attitude from a cod player against those witch play cod and BOS that get to you at the end. I really cannot understand why 100% of the haters of the game need to go to this section and say 100% of the time that they are finished with this game. I cannot for the life of me understand why others start topic about FM and DM without ever tried it. Well I can, it is called trolling everywhere else than this section.

I have ignored DCS for years, I never went in and needed to say I hate it, well I don't , really.

I actually fly DCS more than Bos and COD .

Tvrdi
Oct-23-2014, 03:09
@LuseKofte, lets stick to the main thing. Look at my post quotting Hood and tell me do you agree with the list of the facts. Every single fact is easily proven.

@Bearcat - its a long story mate. You know part of the story. Some of us supported ROF (beta testing, mission creation, bug and FM bug reporting etc) and filled them with money buying stuff we never fly or use in hope they will fix the FMs. Just to support. This never happened, instead work on BOS was started in secrecy. This is why I dont trust them. One of the reasons. And your right. Its tiume to move on. There are at least 2 hardcore sims on the market, CLOD and DCS which I will enjoy greatly.
The main difference between CLOD is that CLOD was released unfinished as uncurved "rough diamond" while BOS was finished as akwardly curved stone which is painted in a hurry....

The time will tell and the numbers in MP.
speaking of MP...
http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11737-fps-and-general-performances/page-2

With that said I think theres nothing else which can be said so...

happy snowballing

TheVino3
Oct-23-2014, 04:16
IT is the general arrogant attitude from a cod player against those witch play cod and BOS that get to you at the end. I really cannot understand why 100% of the haters of the game need to go to this section and say 100% of the time that they are finished with this game. I cannot for the life of me understand why others start topic about FM and DM without ever tried it. Well I can, it is called trolling everywhere else than this section.

I have ignored DCS for years, I never went in and needed to say I hate it, well I don't , really.

I actually fly DCS more than Bos and COD .

To be honest that quote isn't that inflammatory, their target market is obviously not the most hardcore simmers (despite what has been advertised), and to me it just seemed like Tvrdi was wishing them well with the people who don't actually care about getting all the details right. That actually seems like a fairly reasonable viewpoint, hardly arrogant.

Tvrdi
Oct-23-2014, 04:22
To be honest that quote isn't that inflammatory, their target market is obviously not the most hardcore simmers (despite what has been advertised), and to me it just seemed like Tvrdi was wishing them well with the people who don't actually care about getting all the details right. That actually seems like a fairly reasonable viewpoint, hardly arrogant.

Thank you. This is correct. Despite of everything I wish them success with their targeted audience. Every hard work should be rewarded.

LuseKofte
Oct-23-2014, 04:31
Ok I am sorry Tvirdi, I guess I jump the gun at you for a overall frustration and it is not fair. You have my sincere apology

Here is a rewiev from ACG and it is exactly the feeling I got with this sim. He say the plane got a light feeling and the feeling of traces from kites from WW1
This is why I like PE 2 and LAGG because those got a heavier feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjx4R00tZKM#t=86

Tvrdi
Oct-23-2014, 04:37
Ok I am sorry Tvirdi, I guess I jump the gun at you for a overall frustration and it is not fair. You have my sincere apology

Here is a rewiev from ACG and it is exactly the feeling I got with this sim. He say the plane got a light feeling and the feeling of traces from kites from WW1
This is why I like PE 2 and LAGG because those got a heavier feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjx4R00tZKM#t=86

@Luse - It is all ok mate we are all very (too?) passionate abouit this hobby...I must admit I still love ROF (despite lack of FM fixes and lack of new content) but BOS isnt my pair of shoes (see the list above). I hope you guys will enjoy BOS, the more the sims the better. For me personaly without CLOD I would be on thin ice. I hope DCS MP netode in new engine would be better so I can have another sim to enjoy.

his is why I like PE 2 and LAGG because those got a heavier feeling

I love the ROF visuals and FMs (despite the missing fixes) but its a bit odd in BOS. Though stalls are modelled superb in BOS imho.

Hood
Oct-23-2014, 05:36
You want discussion?

here it is:

BOS is DX9 which looks uglier than dx9 in ROF and completely outdated compared to CLOD and other modern games and sims
BOS was done in 2 yrs and ROF in 5
BOS has questionable FMs...all teh sims do but if LaGG is rolling as FW190 something is very wrong
BOS doesnt allow custom made skins, both in SP and MP
BOS has unlocks which can be done only in SP (skins, mods, additional weapons)
BOS has crappy MP netcode and stilll badly optimised (some folks, evensome guys with better machines has serious performance issues in mp, SP is ok)
BOS stil doesnt have ME and when it will be available it will be a geek mess like in ROF
BOS doesnt have custom video options as ANY other serious sim or game on the market which leaves ppl (spec those with with slower machines) unable to fine tune the looks/performance and all customersare left with ugly post effects, SSA etc which hits every system hard
BOS wasnt done out of love for sims but to make money on IL2 name..the project was started in the middle of ROF development (which still waits for its fixes, FMs etc)

Your arguments?..

this is discussion

1. BOS has outdated cockpits (not much beter than modded il2 46 cockpits)

They're ok. They're not as nice as DCS's or CLOD's but they work. The VVS ones look nice except the dials are hard to read. The 109 'pit is ok but compared to a real cockpit it doesn't look too dissimilar. It's kinda like how people perceive something but when they're shown reality they don't match up - think Cameron Diaz with perfect skin in glossy mags compared to reality. The most "real" screenshots are often the ones that don't look real at all because of post-processing or tones that are too highlighted or whatever.

2. BOS is DX9 which looks uglier than dx9 in ROF and completely outdated compared to CLOD and other modern games and sims

Opinion only. Looks pretty sweet to me. The aircraft models are fine and where you'd gain with DX11 (tessellation etc) those gains aren't necessary in a combat flight sim. Maybe if there were lots of water, but they can of course improve the engine to DX11 or 12 if it is appropriate. It also runs smoothly on the average pc.

3. BOS was done in 2 yrs and ROF in 5

Yep, and it keeps people interested in the genre. It means compromises were necessary for short term reasons that will hopefully allow long term development.

4. BOS has WT like smoke and fire effects

Never played WT so can't comment. I like how they look. I can't comment on how they look compared to reality though. Maybe they will be tweaked - who knows.

5. BOS has questionable FMs...all teh sims do but if LaGG is rolling as FW190 something is very wrong

Agreed all sims have FMs that are off. FM fidelity is mega important but there are limits with knowledge and hardware requirements. For example, what was the roll rate for a LaGG3? No idea but the wingspan and wing area of a LaGG was less than a FW (Spitfire wingspan and area both larger than a FW190. Maybe the maths is correct but the modelling of stick forces isn't quite right yet. I don't have either the documentary evidence or technical knowledge to say otherwise.

6. BOS has unlocks like its not a hardcore sim

Opinion only. What is a "hardcore" sim? What is it about unlocks that prevent you flying the sim in a "hardcore" way? Hardcore might be full HOTAS plus TIR/OR with full real difficulty, plus appropriate squad communication and so on etc. That is possible. Unlocks are a questionable design decision but that's their decision, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy what is available nor does it prevent it being "hardcore".

7. BOS doesnt allow custom made skins, both in SP and MP

Yet. If the ROF system is used the facility will be available, as the devs have said.

8. BOS has unlocks which can be done only in SP (skins, mods, additional weapons)

Repetition - see 6. above.

9. BOS has crappy MP netcode and stilll badly optimised (some folks, evensome guys with better machines has serious performance issues in mp, SP is ok)

I don't have the technical knowledge to say if the code is badly optimised or not. It appears the latest update caused some issues whereas it was fine before. As with the slow down issue that was fixed almost immediately, we'll see what any hotfixes bring. In the absence of knowledge about what has caused the current issues it is not possible to prove that the code is badly optimised.

10. BOS stil doesnt have ME and when it will be available it will be a geek mess like in ROF

It will become available when it is fit to be used. I know several people that used the ROF ME to create campaigns ( http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36060 ) and they say it is ok to use, just different, and once you get used to it then mission creation becomes a lot easier as you can port it pre-made elements. It probably won't be as easy as original IL2 to use but there you go - with greater use will come greater understanding and more shared resources.

11. BOS doesnt have custom video options as ANY other serious sim or game on the market which leaves ppl (spec those with with slower machines) unable to fine tune the looks/performance and all customersare left with ugly post effects, SSA etc which hits every system hard

I can't comment if this is a bad thing as I play on Ultra settings with no slow down at all. Allowing people to tweak things (which is part of the fun of computer games) is always nice provided they aren't used to game the game (COD/BF3 for example turning off all the grass so you can see people easily). They should allow the facility to play around with things.

12. BOS wasnt done out of love for sims but to make money on IL2 name..the project was started in the middle of ROF development (which still waits for its fixes, FMs etc)

Opinion only. ROF is a different game. We've seen what happens when optimism outstretches reality.

13. BOS stil doenst have a proper campaign

It does, but it is done differently to have things have been done before and the elements that allow immersion are missing i.e. identifying with the pilot, levels rather than ranks and no coherent story line to buy into. Most complaints about mission design relate to early missions, when more activity etc is prevalent with the later missions. The devs have acknowledged that further work is needed and that the community may very well be involved in this.

Conclusion

Yes there are shortcomings but it's not as bad as you think, unless of course you are predisposed, for whatever reason, to dislike it. The vast majority of games are released these days with various elements that need to be improved (wrongly in my opinion but there is always the risk of feature creep or delay in reason causing financial problems). Give it a chance or come back in 6 months and see what it's like then.

Hood

gavagai
Oct-23-2014, 06:08
I have to give credit to 1CGS for getting the project done. It seems like it's pretty close to on-schedule and probably not too much over budget. Whatever I think of their design decisions, their team is an exception when most everything else I hear about is over-budget and delayed.

WavingWhiteFlag[AM]
Oct-23-2014, 06:31
You want discussion?

here it is:

Your arguments?..

this is discussion

Look at my post quotting Hood and tell me do you agree with the list of the facts. Every single fact is easily proven.

I hope you didn't mean everything on your list was a fact. All of these here are opinions.

Tvrdi
Oct-23-2014, 06:53
;147344']I hope you didn't mean everything on your list was a fact. All of these here are opinions.

Well, some of them are facts which you can check right now just with starting up the game (ME, custom skins, unlocks etc). Also what happened with FM fixes for ROF is a fact. As I was beta tester I know there was even a list. Confirmed list. Some of them are opinions which are facts because it could be easily proven. For MP performance issue you have link with ppl reporting issues. Like I said. I will let it go now for you guys who will enjoy in this title. Im done with it. And Im done with my comments on this matter.
thanks

Bezar
Oct-23-2014, 10:15

100% correct

I sold* mine tho :salute:

Vlerkies
Oct-23-2014, 10:52
I sat on the fence and never pushed the buy button on this one.

I must admit when tempted to do so it was rather nauseating trying to read through all the pro's and cons, to the point that I just didn't bother.

I agree wholeheartedly though the more flight games the better.
The easier ones that you can fly with a mouse and such that offer pretty eye candy are also not to be scoffed at.
The more there are the better, as they offer a great space for people that just wanna fly around and shoot stuff down with minimal hassle or capital investment in expensive flight sim hardware that is pretty much std for the more high level fidelity games. A portion of these people will want to progress to more challenging games and thats the good news.
There have been a number of people that have progressed from such titles to CoD and DCS for instance which would never have made the transition had it not been for these types of games.

In short, the more people playing flight games/sims the more developers will strive to perfect their products, economies of scale and all.
This particular title has undoubtedly disappointed many, so did CoD when it was released, time and TF fixed that :salute:

There's many years left in CoD, I just wish 1C or whoever would realize that and recognize the work TF do and strike a deal of sorts.
Pipe dreams perhaps, but ye never know!