PDA

View Full Version : Chat window: 3 Displays?

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 12:55
Awhile back someone online was talking about his three display set up (so I know you're in here) :lamer::lamer::lamer::bgsmile:

Can someone pass along their wisdom on how to move the chat windows(s) from the left corner of the left monitor to the left corner of the middle monitor? Deacon passed along a tip earlier that improved it somewhat but it would be a lot better IMHO if it was on the middle display. Each display is 1072 x 768.

Any ideas? Have tried Alt clicking the window but couldn't re-position it that way.

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-28-2012, 13:04
OC,

Open up the chat bar as if to type something then click and drag from the top of the window.

~S~

~Deacon

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 13:14
OC,

Open up the chat bar as if to type something then click and drag from the top of the window.

~S~

~Deacon

:blush!: :doh!: [small voice] thanks.

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-28-2012, 14:04
Anytime brutha! :thumbsup:

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 14:49
Anytime brutha! :thumbsup:

Didn't work. The window doesn't budge at all. Must have a setting somewhere that locks the window I guess.

ATAG_Septic
Mar-28-2012, 15:02
Didn't work. The window doesn't budge at all. Must have a setting somewhere that locks the window I guess.

Have you tried setting border to active? You might need this to move chat windows from memory.

Septic.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-28-2012, 15:05
I think if you alt click the chat window (to highlight it) you should be able to grab a certain part of it with your mouse and make the whole thing move. Also, when it's highlighted you can grab around the edges and make it as big or small as you want - similar to a text document that you have open on your desktop, etc.,..

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 15:38
I think if you alt click the chat window (to highlight it) you should be able to grab a certain part of it with your mouse and make the whole thing move. Also, when it's highlighted you can grab around the edges and make it as big or small as you want - similar to a text document that you have open on your desktop, etc.,..

Alt click highlights it ok but it won't re size or drag. Will try Septic's "active" tip

Old_Canuck
Mar-28-2012, 15:57
Ok got it now .. thanks guys. I assumed it was more complicated than it really was. The drag handles were not where I expected them to be. None in the corners and it wouldn't drag from the top but there's a wee spot on the sides that work. Now I'll be able to see right away who just killed me. :shocked:

Doc
Apr-02-2012, 09:12
I use this one. Works perfect for me.

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?694-InGame-Message-Windows-Setups&highlight=windows