PDA

View Full Version : ServerFailAuthentication

w1nd6urfa
Mar-28-2012, 13:57
Lots of people got this error when trying to logon to ATAG this evening (~18:00 GMT)

I tried deleting and re-connecting to Steam as suggested here:

http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?1130-Server-Authentication-Failed-message&highlight=authentication

but no joy - I guess a server reboot is needed?

w1nd

MajorBorris
Mar-28-2012, 14:43
Did you hit "cancel" when you were loading up(waiting) if so then you have to wait untill the mission restarts.

I cant remember if thats what it was called when it happened to me.

I think Doc has a work arround from steam.

Fried
Mar-28-2012, 15:08
When it happened to me a couple of weeks back I found a post somewhere recommending start up a different steam game, exiting that and then retry connecting to the ATAG server again, it worked for me.

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-28-2012, 15:09
Well the server restarts every mission. Strang that it would give the auth error, but it's usually caused by not allowing yourself to fully load into the mission. Even if it feels like it's taking forever, never hit cancel. It will either load you in or time you out. But you won't get an auth error that way.

Yay - unfinished steam dedicated server thingy with problems :pouting:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2012, 15:18
I think Farber said that if you have another game on Steam and log into it briefly, Steam will "realize" you're no longer "playing CoD". Once you log off the other game, Steam will then allow you to log into CoD.

Never tried it, but sounds good at least. :Grin:

ATAG_Bliss
Mar-28-2012, 15:21
I think Farber said that if you have another game on Steam and log into it briefly, Steam will "realize" you're no longer "playing CoD". Once you log off the other game, Steam will then allow you to log into CoD.

Never tried it, but sounds good at least. :Grin:

Tried it.. Doesn't work. :angry:

III./ZG76_Keller
Mar-28-2012, 17:52
Someone also suggested that creating your own Clod server, exiting and trying to join ATAG might work as well. Worth a shot.

AKA_Recon
Oct-29-2013, 21:48
Well the server restarts every mission. Strang that it would give the auth error, but it's usually caused by not allowing yourself to fully load into the mission. Even if it feels like it's taking forever, never hit cancel. It will either load you in or time you out. But you won't get an auth error that way.

Yay - unfinished steam dedicated server thingy with problems :pouting:

I am getting this tonight.

I didnt cancel anything.

I was in the game, realized I didn't have my joystick software on. I exited the game, rebooted, came back - and now I can't join :(

AKA_Recon
Oct-29-2013, 21:51
Someone also suggested that creating your own Clod server, exiting and trying to join ATAG might work as well. Worth a shot.

I tried, no joy

Kling
Oct-30-2013, 00:22
Ok so thisbhas happened to me and my brother.
This is what most likely has happaned.
1. Ther server has crashed but people are not aware of it so they keep playing. And while they are still in there the server an sometimes be seen in the serverlist even if has crashed.

2. You tried to join the server while it was pending but couldnt get in.

3. You tried again.

4.the server is up and running again. But now you get the authentication message. Basically you are banned from the server until the map rotates.

5.Some people say that you can get around this by joining another server and spawn in that server. Then click escape and then try to join ATAG again. For me this didnt work.
Some say its a Steam issue. I really dont know. If its a steam issue, how come I can join other servers then?

Anyway, nothing is wrong with your game bud! ;)

AKA_Recon
Oct-30-2013, 07:12
rgr - thanks

this was strange in that none of those things were happening. It wasn't just ATAG either, any server I would try I could not get in. I believe it was a steam issue related to the particular game, not server.

I rebooted, I disconnected my modem and router, I created my own server, I restarted steam, I played another steam game (worked)

recap: I joined the game, no problem. Spawned in my aircraft, it was mid mission, my other squadmates were flying around no problem. I realized my joystick software wasn't on. I exited the game, reboot my machine and couldn't rejoin.

What was different for me than normal is I was at the ATAG page and used the 'direct connect with steam' link when I initially joined. After rebooted I used the exe to launch the app.

I wonder if it has something to do with that.

Thanks for your help!

Baffin
Nov-08-2013, 16:28
I read that this is a known shortcoming in steam that cannot be resolved at this time without resetting the steam server. Customer support told me that this is the reason they reset the steam server 3 times a day. (I know not when!)
Wait a few hours and CLoD will return to you in time.

Reacquaint yourself with your wives and children during the down time!
Regards,

III./ZG76_Keller
Nov-08-2013, 19:02
I read that this is a known shortcoming in steam that cannot be resolved at this time without resetting the steam server. Customer support told me that this is the reason they reset the steam server 3 times a day. (I know not when!)
Wait a few hours and CLoD will return to you in time.

Reacquaint yourself with your wives and children during the down time!
Regards,

Are you sure that's what they said? Re-setting the server may help a couple people, but do they realize that they are disconnecting every single person that is currently playing online when they do that?