PDA

View Full Version : Cheating?

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 15:55
CanI ask, why is there someone on the yellow forum talking about openly cheating. Are they talking about vulching, which ain't cheating at all, or something decidedly more sinister ;)

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2012, 16:15
?????

Could you provide a link, please, Peaveywolf?

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 16:20
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30778

MajorBorris
Mar-28-2012, 16:30
People tend to to not respect energy states or pilot skill. If something works against 99% of enemy pilots for them and then 1 day it doesnt some cant comprehend why.

Claiming cheats or porked FM is futile imho, practice against superior compitition is the only remedy!

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2012, 16:32
Thanks, PW.

He gives no specifics in his rambling post, but I gathered he talking about the Steam VAC which evaluates each player's file integrity and, over a period of time, if too many inconsistencies crop up (ie hacked flight model, or damage model etc) then that player is banned for life from ALL Steam online games.

He didn't mention ATAG specifically and I see you questioned him already. We'll see what he replies.

Thanks for the heads up.

Doc
Mar-28-2012, 16:41
PW

Here is how this works in their book. If you get shot down by them than its a good fight.

But if you shoot THEM down then obviously you are cheating.

You see this goes back to human nature in this business of pretty much most people can't stomach the thought of another human winning against them. They've been told all their lives by their squad mates they rule. Moms have hugged them too much and even told them they're smart and they can do anything. So they have trouble calculating this new development in their lives and actually most refused to accept it.

There you go! You have all the 411 you need to know.

Doc

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-28-2012, 16:53
Hey, it's not about winning or losing. It's about.........self esteem. LOL

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 17:01
As far as I am concerned, its about achievement. Was telling the ex the other day how good it feels to start up a plane and take it on a bombing run without the help of computer aids. Not that she was interested like. That's where the EX comes in ;)

Doc
Mar-28-2012, 17:24
Mine keeps the coffee cup full and empties the ashtray when its needed.

Sprays a little Windex on the monitor and keeps it clean.

Dabs a cloth on my forehead to keep the sweat from running into my eyes while I am on mission.

:bgsmile:

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 17:26
Hah ;)

Doc
Mar-28-2012, 17:34
Ok I'm awake now!

:bgsmile:

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-28-2012, 17:46
Maybee I'm a sadist, but on a long strategic bombing mission, when I get hunted/stalked and shot down, well its kind of part of the fun, when I do achieve a successful mission it makes it all the more better.

as for the 1C forums, dont even go there anymore, nothing but a bunch of whining girl scouts

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 18:08
I am just nosey ;) I like to see what ppl are whining about. I makes my life seem perfect.

Doc
Mar-28-2012, 18:55
lol :FS:

Dutch
Mar-28-2012, 18:57
Is that a real Kramer Beretta, or the Frankenstein thingummyjiggy?

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-28-2012, 19:03
I am just nosey ;) I like to see what ppl are whining about. I makes my life seem perfect.

Good lord Peavy: were gonna get along just fine :thumbsup:

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 20:28
Is that a real Kramer Beretta, or the Frankenstein thingummyjiggy?

Its a made in Japan custom hand painted to spec by ESP based on the 1984 Kramer. I had money when I bought it :/

Peaveywolf
Mar-28-2012, 20:28
Good lord Peavy: were gonna get along just fine :thumbsup:

Yep ;)

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-28-2012, 21:12
Heres one when I had money:

Custom built Gibson SG, three humbuckers all gold plated: ebony fingerboard :Bigsby Tremlo (they didnt have Floyd Rose Back then)

Built in 1974: Sold for food money around 1976 Helsinki Finnland.

Sorry sorta off topic huh !!!!

Peaveywolf
Mar-29-2012, 04:17
Love SG's, used to have one. Like ur record deck ;) Don't get em like that anymore.

Dutch
Mar-29-2012, 06:46
Don't believe you Knucks. I'd swear that's a picture of Joe Walsh!

My mate stumbled across quite a rare SG with two single coil p/u, but sold it on for a ridiculously cheap price without having it valued. Silly man.

BTW the wife found some pics, but I'm scannerless at the mo.

Doc
Mar-29-2012, 08:39
Heres one when I had money:

Custom built Gibson SG, three humbuckers all gold plated: ebony fingerboard :Bigsby Tremlo (they didnt have Floyd Rose Back then)

Built in 1974: Sold for food money around 1976 Helsinki Finnland.

Sorry sorta off topic huh !!!!

I have tons of photos from the 70's. Love them kodachrome pics.

ATAG_Knuckles
Mar-29-2012, 09:31
O.K. so I digress:

Rickenbacker 401 fretless bass Same time period. The problem is that I used "Rotosound strings which eventually cut a groove into the fretless fingerboard