PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the default loadout for offline missions?

kopperdrake
Mar-29-2012, 10:53
Hi chaps (and chapettes?),

Having found a sweet set up for my loadout in multiplayer, does anyone know if it's possible to alter the loadout for the quick missions in offline mode? I have changed my loadout for the Hurri Rotol, but even when it shows as the chosen loadout before starting the mission, I still see white tracers despite having not chosen them. That, and the fact that the damage I do is far less than in multiplayer, makes me believe that the loadout I have chosen is not being utilised, rather that a default loadout is.

Any wisdom on this one?

Drake

Doc
Mar-29-2012, 11:26
I think you will have to select it if you exit out and restart the sim. I just got use to having to select it so I just do it every time.

kopperdrake
Mar-29-2012, 11:31
I *think* I've done that, each time I choose, say, Intercept Bombers - Low Level, I've tried going to the Rotol *before* choosing the mission and picking the saved loadout, and I've also tried choosing the mission, then before clicking 'Fly', going to the Plane screen and picking the saved loadout, but neither route seems to give me the loadout I'm expecting. I have AP and Wilde Fire in all guns, with only a bit of red tracer in gun 1's residual as a low-ordnance warning, but I never seem to get given that set up. I have to admit I'm mightily discombobulated.

Drake

Doc
Mar-29-2012, 11:47
I've seen this too but its been a very long time since I have played any single mission. There is probably something I don't know that someone else on here will be able to answer it. Even in FMB you got do this and do that and select it and blah. Pain in the rear.

:blush!:

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Mar-29-2012, 13:03
You have to open the mission in the FMB and change the loadout. That's the only way to use custom ammo belts & convergences in single & quick missions.

kopperdrake
Mar-29-2012, 15:58
You have to open the mission in the FMB and change the loadout.

Thanks for replying guys, but at the risk of sounding wet behind the ears, what is FMB?

Dutch
Mar-29-2012, 16:03
Uh-oh! 'Full Mission Builder'! :uhoh

kopperdrake
Mar-29-2012, 16:39
That sounds scary...

Dutch
Mar-29-2012, 16:50
Go to 'Exras' in the menu, and Full Mission Builder is in there. It's quite simple to use but looks a bit intimidating if you're not used to that sort of interface. I had a link in my favourites to a briiliant FMB tutorial site but the link is broken, but if you google FMB tutorial you'll prob find it.

Anyone remember the bloke's nick? Can't remember. New Zealander chappy.

kopperdrake
Mar-29-2012, 17:20
Go to 'Exras' in the menu, and Full Mission Builder is in there. It's quite simple to use but looks a bit intimidating if you're not used to that sort of interface. I had a link in my favourites to a briiliant FMB tutorial site but the link is broken, but if you google FMB tutorial you'll prob find it.

Anyone remember the bloke's nick? Can't remember. New Zealander chappy.

Cheers Dutch - I'll have a shufty tomorrow, that sounds like the ticket :)

Doc
Mar-29-2012, 19:50
FlyingNutcase

Here's one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1DxWWNNCQQ

kopperdrake
Mar-30-2012, 03:27
Doc - are you replying to the wrong thread?

Dutch
Mar-30-2012, 04:30
No, he's correct! FlyingNutcase is the bloke who ran an FMB tutorial website. The link is to one of his tutorials! :Grin:

kopperdrake
Mar-30-2012, 09:32
Bless you Doc - diving into FMB now :thumbsup:

kopperdrake
Mar-30-2012, 10:19
All sorted - I've gone from managing to shoot one down if I'm lucky, on the Bomber Intercept mission, to 5 down! Absolutely fantastic - thanks everyone :D

I see what you mean about the editor - very old school looking, but gets the job done!

Dutch
Mar-30-2012, 10:28
Wait til you start building your own missions from the map up. Time consuming, but watching the results is sometimes eye-popping. 'Shit, did I do this?? It looks fantastic!!' being a popular response!! :dthumb:

kopperdrake
Mar-30-2012, 10:32
Hehe - I have to admit I had never ventured into that part of the game, and I always wondered why the odd single player missions were there. Now I see you can pretty much script an entire battle it makes me realise that the bundled missions are really just taster scripts to whet your appetite for building your own. Very impressive.