PDA

View Full Version : Ju 87 - course setter, anemometer and other questions

b0czek
Oct-25-2014, 13:02
Hello.

I try to play with Stuka, so some questions appear. :)

Course setter - is there any form of autopilot, or this course setter is intended for general course handling for flying in clouds, or during night?

Anemometer - I can set pressure, but what is this usefull for? I think, that I should know air pressure about target area. I can know height quite precisely and this way I can set bomb release height which will be close to real altitude. Is this correct?
But - is it usefull in current game, missions on ATAG server? If so - where to find information regarding pressure, or if not - default is correct or shall I adjust something?

Height of target - where to find such an information, as harbour is quite obvious (something about 0m), but a bridge or airfield somewhere in the map not so...

Are there any tips for Stuka regarding target approaching? I know 'line with with the target' but I do and then - this window in the floor is small. Looking for a target through it to start with dive is hard to me this moment.

Is there in Stuka a dial for current prop-pitch, like Me 109 has?

Flaps. I saw, that there are four position for lever which handles flaps, with two neutrals, why?

Wing bombs - currently I drop all four the same time. Is there possibility to drop them in pairs or even in 'single' mode?

Horn - is there possibility to turn it off during diving on air-brakes?

Team Fusion Wiki for Ju 87 states, that during dive supercharger should be set to auto - how to set this auto mode? Currently I switch to second mode manually while climbing and switch it back just after I start dive.

And just general one - is it generally better idea to fly high or on the deck, specially when going with payload?

Torric270
Oct-25-2014, 13:32
Hello.

I try to play with Stuka, so some questions appear. :)

Course setter - is there any form of autopilot, or this course setter is intended for general course handling for flying in clouds, or during night?

Anemometer - I can set pressure, but what is this usefull for? I think, that I should know air pressure about target area. I can know height quite precisely and this way I can set bomb release height which will be close to real altitude. Is this correct?
But - is it usefull in current game, missions on ATAG server? If so - where to find information regarding pressure, or if not - default is correct or shall I adjust something?

Height of target - where to find such an information, as harbour is quite obvious (something about 0m), but a bridge or airfield somewhere in the map not so...

Are there any tips for Stuka regarding target approaching? I know 'line with with the target' but I do and then - this window in the floor is small. Looking for a target through it to start with dive is hard to me this moment.

Is there in Stuka a dial for current prop-pitch, like Me 109 has?

Flaps. I saw, that there are four position for lever which handles flaps, with two neutrals, why?

Wing bombs - currently I drop all four the same time. Is there possibility to drop them in pairs or even in 'single' mode?

Horn - is there possibility to turn it off during diving on air-brakes?

And just general one - is it generally better idea to fly high or on the deck, specially when going with payload?

Course setter: There is no autopilot, my take on it is that it is a helper to stay on course and then use it when turning on to a new course (if you are on a course of 090 and want to change to 315, change the course setter first to 315 and then start your turn)

Anemometer: The pressure is set and doesn't change, so there is no reason to have to use this. Before this was set (in a TF patch) you would have to set it while sitting on the runway to the runway elevation and yes, in real life you would have to know the pressure at the target to know your correct bombing altitude.

Target height: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/utils/lotfe7.html You can use this tool to get target height. Just input a speed and then click on select in map next to target elevation. Move the map to the target area and double click on the spot and it will give you the elevation. Once you know your target elevation you can add this to what altitude you want to drop from.

Approach tips: I too have difficulty using the window, so I just slightly offset the target left/right and periodically roll to look at the target, when over the target, roll into a dive.

Prop pitch: Just set it by the rpm. It has a constant speed prop, set an RPM and the governor will try to maintain that rpm.

Flaps: ?

Wing bombs: No, they all drop at the same time.

Horn: No

Approach height: It just depends on what is happening in the mission (everyone flying high/low, etc.) or whether you want to dive/ glide bomb or try and sneak in at low level. No right or wrong answer.