PDA

View Full Version : 109 gunnery and convergence for beginners

Rapier07
Oct-26-2014, 00:50
I am relatively new and it took me about 3 months of being patient to take off and land an E3 offline. I have been flying 109s in 1946 80% for about 3 years. Now, shooting down other planes. After reading threads, watching videos, and trying out diff settings. Here is the tip. Download all of the quick missions into FMB. Why? I have been shooting at bombers and fighter with small success compared to 1946. Was my deflection shooting that bad and 1946 that easy? I changed convergence close and medium range, no change. Then I read a thread about changing ammo belts. You can't do that in quick missions. Ah, but in FMB you can. Thankyou Mrmaverick for the how to. Thankyou JG53 for the ammo belt loads and convergence info. 6 Blenheims (average skill) in 23min on my first run . Oh yeah I went back to my 1946 convergence settings and tactics. Thankyou "Little D" 225-225 guns and 155-155 cannons. Add diff/better ammo belts. Slice attacks from somewhere abeam with a little lead and I am back in business. The presets in the quick missions are like "shooting tennis balls at Tiger tanks". Next, a little practice with some Spits/Hurricanes and I will be online soon and hopefully won't be splashed right away. For newbies coming into the game. Practice and have fun, this is a great sim.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-26-2014, 01:15
For newbies coming into the game. Practice and have fun, this is a great sim.

Amen!

ATAG_Colander
Oct-26-2014, 13:06
In Clod it is harder to shoot down planes for two reasons:
1.- The early war bullets are less powerful than the later counterparts.
2.- There are many more subsystems modeled than in 46 so, even tough you might be actually landing hits, you might not be hitting any vital part of the plane. In this respect, 46 was way easier.

GloriousRuse
Oct-26-2014, 19:39
As a rule for cannon firing - if you have to ask 'am I close enough?" you are not.

ATAG_Endless
Oct-26-2014, 20:15
Hey Rapler07 this should help

Learn gunsight distancing it helps allot

http://youtu.be/uaM5jFf5omo

Rapier07
Oct-27-2014, 11:36
Great advice. I will take all the info I can get. Great advice for other newbies as well.

3./JG51_Heiden
Oct-27-2014, 12:17
For my wing cannons, the convergence is set at 125m horizontal and vertical. MGs are 300/300.