PDA

View Full Version : Friday update by Back six, March 30, 2012

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2012, 07:34
Not here yet, but getting closer!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=30815

[FFCW]Urizen
Mar-30-2012, 07:55
yes, we are getting closer. hopefully they will get it nearly right on first release ( letґs be honest about it, certain configurations will still cause problems and canґt be sorted out beforehand and maybe even afterwards ). but those il-2s sure as hell look very sexy :shocked:

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-30-2012, 08:55
Can't see 1C at the office computer (lucky this isn't blocked...yet :Grin:)

Would someone be so kind as to cut/paste the update (or just paraphrase for those of us unfortunate souls who must work for a living :angry: )

Thank you,

~Deacon

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2012, 09:12
Here ya go!

Friday Update, March 30, 2012
Good day everyone!

We still dont have the beta of the patch ready for the public, nor do we have a definite release date. The particle system remains a final bastion of the micro-freeze. We almost succumbed to public pressure and released a version of the patch with micro-freezes every time there are particle effects on screen, but finally decided that would be anticlimactic at best. Drops in FPS every time you fire your guns would only add oil to the fire, in our opinion. Better to face your ire a little longer for not releasing the patch than to face the outrage when the long-awaited beta is imperfect.

Still, while our graphic programmers are struggling with that, other team members are progressing along other fronts.

We are showing you some screenshots of the most iconic aircraft from the upcoming sequel. We are currently fine-tuning the flight model, and new ground-attack AI routines. We just cannot hold back the screenshots of how cool it looks. Were all stoked here.

We know that none of you can really share our joy yet, and Cliffs of Dover is all you have at the moment. We have discussed at length whether we should even be talking about the future while our present is in the state its in. Dissension notwithstanding, we did decide that some extra glimmer of hope is better than complete silence. The last thing we want is for an extra segment of the community to start complaining that weve stopped showing our Eastern Front content as well.

So thats the update then!

Have a great weekend!
Attached Thumbnails

ATAG_Deacon
Mar-30-2012, 09:23
Thank you Snapper!

Sounds good. I'm happy they're fixing all of it before release...thankfully.

So it appears that we wait two weeks, for sure

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2012, 09:34
"Two weeks, be sure!"

I'd bet Dutch's and Knucks' combined paycheques on it! :bgsmile:

EDIT: Oh, and throw Jack's tuition money into the pot; that's how confident I am!

Dutch
Mar-30-2012, 09:36
Thought those pics of the Sturmo were veerrrry nice.

Wonder what the chances are of the full weather system coming in for this, or before.

Remember those low visibility, windy, overcast, snowy, nailbiting missions in IL2?

As long as the patch (or patches) delivers, I'll pre-order again. Maybe I'll never learn. :no :Grin:

@Snapper - Zero plus Zero is still Zero, ole chum! - Oh, get it now! :)

ChiefRedCloud
Mar-30-2012, 10:00
IF this comes out in the form of a Beta patch someone had better dust of the pros and cons and the HOW to install a beta as it is, if I remember, totally differant than a normal Steam patch.

Dutch
Mar-30-2012, 10:06
Heh, don't worry Chief, you just download to desktop and unzip it to the IL2CoD folder in programs/Steam/steam apps/IL2 CoD. S'easy. I think. Maybe. :Grin:

ATAG_Snapper
Mar-30-2012, 10:11
IF this comes out in the form of a Beta patch someone had better dust of the pros and cons and the HOW to install a beta as it is, if I remember, totally differant than a normal Steam patch.

No worries, Chief. We'll post the one-two-three specifics here. If this beta patch is like the previous ones, you download the zipped folder to your PC, then unzip it to the main CoD folder on your C: drive. Or, what I prefer to do, is unzip the update to a totally separate folder, then copy & paste it to the designated game folder.

The Steam updates get done automatically, nothing further for you to do.

EDIT: Dutch beat me to it!

Jack Morris (Lucky)
Mar-30-2012, 12:07
EDIT: Oh, and throw Jack's tuition money into the pot; that's how confident I am!

Made my day! :bgsmile:

And even though you would think i'd be the last person in the world to say this.... DAMN does that new sim look HOT!