PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Skin Templates

Leifr
Oct-27-2014, 07:48
Morning all,
I wonder if folk would be kind enough as to point out where I may obtain some appropriate skinning templates for the Hurricane? I keep running into dead-ends.

Cheers!

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-27-2014, 08:17
Elaborate "dead end" pls. What have you tryed and where is it failing?

Leifr
Oct-27-2014, 10:42
... in the search for a Hurricane template!

EDIT: I've found 'checkmysix' set but they seem quite dirty and much too weathered. It's OK though, I'll keep looking!

LARRY69
Oct-27-2014, 12:45
http://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Hurricane/Hurricane-mixed-COD.html...

KeefyBoy
Oct-27-2014, 20:21
... in the search for a Hurricane template!

EDIT: I've found 'checkmysix' set but they seem quite dirty and much too weathered. It's OK though, I'll keep looking!

Hi Leifr
All the templates I made are Layered and the individual Dirt and Weathering layers can be
turned On/Off by pressing the Eye icon for each layer in Gimp or PS ,turn down the Opacity or deleted if required.
In most cases the cammo layers are the stock ones that came with CLOD.
I can send you a more basic Template with just the lines and A&B Pattern Camouflage Layers if you wish.
Regards
Checkmysix

Leifr
Oct-28-2014, 06:41
Ah!
Then I did eventually wander into the correct template. Thanks for your work Keefyboy, it's much appreciated.
I've been creating a set of skins for my flying group - No.504 Squadron (City of Nottingham). I'm afraid they don't have much choice in it... :-P
Once I manage to get a few of them on and up in the air, I'll post pictures here and eventually drop the .zip containing the aircraft if folk are interested (variety I suppose?)

That aside, I don't suppose you know how exactly the cache works in regards to transferring aircraft textures between clients? I've distributed the pack to my group and half-expected the textures to show up properly first time but it seems CloD is insistent on sending .dds files into my cache. Some folk's aircraft always displays the correct markings, others are blank and some display both new and original markings at once.

ATAG_Lolsav
Oct-28-2014, 14:51
Some folk's aircraft always displays the correct markings, others are blank and some display both new and original markings at once.

Thats because they have "Markings on" set on their aircraft options (on loadout/skin screen). It imposes one over the other.

Leifr
Oct-28-2014, 15:03
Yes chap, I am aware of that.
However the impression still arose despite having that box unchecked.

KeefyBoy
Oct-28-2014, 18:02
Ah!
Then I did eventually wander into the correct template. Thanks for your work Keefyboy, it's much appreciated.
I've been creating a set of skins for my flying group - No.504 Squadron (City of Nottingham). I'm afraid they don't have much choice in it... :-P
Once I manage to get a few of them on and up in the air, I'll post pictures here and eventually drop the .zip containing the aircraft if folk are interested (variety I suppose?)

That aside, I don't suppose you know how exactly the cache works in regards to transferring aircraft textures between clients? I've distributed the pack to my group and half-expected the textures to show up properly first time but it seems CloD is insistent on sending .dds files into my cache. Some folk's aircraft always displays the correct markings, others are blank and some display both new and original markings at once.

Hi Leifr
No probs Mate,pleased that you sorted the Hurricane Template you wanted:thumbsup:
As regards to the Cache question,Sorry but I am clueless in that regard.:doh:
Looking forward to seeing those No.504 Squadron (City of Nottingham) Skins.
If you need any other CLOD layered Templates then here is a link to All the ones I have Made.
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=34594

Regards
Keith

Leifr
Oct-28-2014, 18:14
Heh, I figured it out!
Turns out that skins are transmitted through the server (if enabled) continually and will eventually appear in the cache folder, even if one already has the skins. It's a bit of a backwards system but it works to some degree.

I'll finish working on them over the next couple of days and post them.