PDA

View Full Version : ATAG Server 2 - New Mission Ready for Testing Red v Blue 1.0

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 11:47
Hi all,
Been hard at work writing a new mission (Enhancing ChannelDawn). It's ready for testing on ATAG server 2.

RED v Blue 1.0
So what's new???

Objectives are now moving Groups not just static Buildings.

Moving Ship Groups - Destroy x of xx

Moving Bomber Groups - Destroy % of multiple linked bomber groups.

Moving Supply Columns - Destroy % of Vehicles in both columns

Random % Voice radio chatter and hud messages.

All Air, Sea and Ground objects (Yes everything) if destroyed earns points.
All objects are graded in points. eg a motor bike =1 House =2 Bomber = 15

In Game Menu - Hit Tab and then 4 (Check scores, ground/air kills and server running time)

New Ending: First team Red or Blue to destroy all objectives or score 3500 points win.

So have a fly and please give me feedback so we can improve.

9./JG52 Lopp
Apr-02-2012, 11:58
This sounds great.
Thanks for all your hard work.:salute:

Drillin
Apr-02-2012, 13:07
server 2 here I come!

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-02-2012, 14:23
Thanks

I'm on my way :hpyclp:

ATAG_Septic
Apr-02-2012, 15:09
Thanks Wolf, much appreciated, will be testing tonight :-)

Septic

ATAG_Bliss
Apr-02-2012, 15:13
Great Stuff Wolf! :thumbsup:

Just checking it out now, but I think we are going to run into some problems with the shipping. The dedi server environment won't activate any triggers if an AI actor has passed through it's last waypoint. I had to delay the last waypoint for all the ships 6 hours (the length of the mission) so they'd still work.

Also, it seems that if they are either too close together or to close to the coast they won't sink. I see some of the paths are really close to the coast. The sad part is all this stuff works just fine when loading it through the FMB, but comes to a halt when loading it through the console server. Yay for big bad bugs in the game. But, only way to know how things are going to work, especially with something this complex, is to let err' rip!

I'm going to put it in the 1st server's rotation now :hpyclp::shocked: :bgsmile:

Dutch
Apr-02-2012, 15:48
I think we are going to run into some problems with the shipping.

Yep! Just came off server 2, we have the dreaded unsinkable ship syndrome!

Also noticed a strange anomaly in that on the way home, there were two huge fires burning in the sea off the coast of England for no apparent reason.

Having said that, the objectives are an excellent incentive for Blue team to go bomb something, and for us Blen addicts to jump into fighters once the ships are gone.

Love the little touches such as 'Scramble, Scramble!', 'Prepare for take-off', 'move away the chocks'(or something like that) and 'Nice Landing Joe Bloggs'. Very nice.:thumbsup:

P.S. The Tab/4 info command doesn't work for me, but this is an old issue I think with Red Players only. Can't remember. Anyone?

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-02-2012, 16:08
With regards to the objectives, from what I gather the supply convoys are set up as Red objectives; therefore if Blue does not destroy them Red gets an Objective Complete message.

Do these also count as Blue Objectives or just a negative towards Red?

What I'm getting at is, if Blue were to successfully destroy one of the convoys, does the fact that Red can not complete that objective mean that they will not be able to successfully "Complete all Objectives"?

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 18:00
With regards to the objectives, from what I gather the supply convoys are set up as Red objectives; therefore if Blue does not destroy them Red gets an Objective Complete message.

Do these also count as Blue Objectives or just a negative towards Red?

What I'm getting at is, if Blue were to successfully destroy one of the convoys, does the fact that Red can not complete that objective mean that they will not be able to successfully "Complete all Objectives"?

Indeed they do. If you are flying Blue you will get instructions and updates about the convoys. You must desrtoy both groups in the one supply convoy for a blue objective win

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 18:03
Yep! Just came off server 2, we have the dreaded unsinkable ship syndrome!

Also noticed a strange anomaly in that on the way home, there were two huge fires burning in the sea off the coast of England for no apparent reason.

Having said that, the objectives are an excellent incentive for Blue team to go bomb something, and for us Blen addicts to jump into fighters once the ships are gone.

Love the little touches such as 'Scramble, Scramble!', 'Prepare for take-off', 'move away the chocks'(or something like that) and 'Nice Landing Joe Bloggs'. Very nice.:thumbsup:

P.S. The Tab/4 info command doesn't work for me, but this is an old issue I think with Red Players only. Can't remember. Anyone?

Yes I am aware of the menu issue and looking for a fix or we may have to wait till the patch comes out. The menu works in LAN and offline server. Looks like it may be an online bug. So I made the scores pop up ever 10 mins.

The Big fire is the Oil slick from a sunken ship burning. Just testing, it is a % random effect. When you sink a ship you get a 25% chance of an oil slick. Same as static planes, ammo dumps and something else :)

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-02-2012, 19:04
Indeed they do. If you are flying Blue you will get instructions and updates about the convoys. You must desrtoy both groups in the one supply convoy for a blue objective win

"Indeed they do"? Which part are you referring to?

When I played the mission a few nights ago the first convoy reached its destination about an hour after the mission started. So are you saying that one hour into the mission one team will have already lost?

Catseye
Apr-02-2012, 19:16
Very nice guys!
Really looking forward to this - I like the way the missions are developing.

Cheers,
Catseye

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 20:15

When I played the mission a few nights ago the first convoy reached its destination about an hour after the mission started. So are you saying that one hour into the mission one team will have already lost?

Sorry keller: Here goes..

The Convoy sets off (2 groups in the convoy a few mins apart). If all vehicles are destroyed before reaching their destination. Blue get points and win objective. Red don't get suplies and their objective of protecting the supplies is void and removed.

If supply vehicles arrive then Red win Objective and Blue lose objective.

To win the game for Red team or Blue team you must score more than 3500 points.

Destroying Objectives give you a big boost in points as Objectives are weighted with more points to scores then destroying single units.

This is all testing and I may up the score requirements and I will be adding more group bomber objectives its designed to focus the players to go after bomber groups as they attract the most points. Second are ship objectives.

If you were on at the right time you will also notice Low flying bomber groups. These are fun and no more easy fly up behind bombers and kill them any more. People will have to use dive and cross beam attacks.

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 20:18

A little more about this.

Each team has 7 objectives. Complete all and you will be a lot closer to a total score of 3500 the then other team quicker.

So in your best interest to complete objectives ASAP.

If you lose an objective it puts you behind the 8 ball, but does not mean at all that you lose the battle. You just have to push harder to destroy more units or get the next objective and perhaps foil the other team from getting their objectives.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-02-2012, 20:21
So where di the new mission go: jumped on to find the old one

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-02-2012, 20:55
Ahhh, a points system. I gotcha now!

Wolf
Apr-02-2012, 21:44
So where di the new mission go: jumped on to find the old one
Good News everybody!!!
Menu system now working
Server updated and the Menu is now working fine. I will add to it over time.

Red v Blue is now fully operational in all aspects.

I just updated the scoring system also. It needs to be tested. I uploaded it and it is running on Server 2 now.

The test is to see if some of the objectives are complete (supply objectives survive), then Points are awarded to the supply surviving team and points are deducted from the other side.

This makes it more important for both sides to either destroy or protect the supplies.

For my next trick I think I will add in more Bomber group objectives, Different altitudes and targets.

Also I have upped the sills of bomber group gunners. So don't think you can just glide up behind a bomber and practice your lazy shooting anymore.

Little_D
Apr-03-2012, 06:23
Hi gents,

i hope i am right here, if this is the mission that run last night at server 1.
First of all thx for this nice map i like it very mutch, till now best map :happy.

but 1 thing i have to say. when i was flying the mission it was impossible to use a 109E-4 even when no 1 was flying 1. is it a programming mistake, or did we have limited 109E-4 and all where used and killed?

cant wait for the next map you make like this, but this time maby battle of late france (battle to paris no dunqurke please).

regards

Little_D

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 06:31
Hi gents,

i hope i am right here, if this is the mission that run last night at server 1.
First of all thx for this nice map i like it very mutch, till now best map :happy.

but 1 thing i have to say. when i was flying the mission it was impossible to use a 109E-4 even when no 1 was flying 1. is it a programming mistake, or did we have limited 109E-4 and all where used and killed?

cant wait for the next map you make like this, but this time maby battle of late france (battle to paris no dunqurke please).

regards

Little_D

Its not a bug. I don't know what current settings on the server are but in the mission plane limits are set. sometimes it is set to 0 and so none available.

Little_D
Apr-03-2012, 06:41
Hi hc_wolf,

so the Spitfire MK II on this map is limted to 10 in use i think and no planelimit in how many you can use in the complet map and E-4 is limited to 0 in use in all?

regards

Little_D

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-03-2012, 08:30
Good News everybody!!!
Menu system now working

Also I have upped the sills of bomber group gunners. So don't think you can just glide up behind a bomber and practice your lazy shooting anymore.

Excellent work, Wolf! :thumbsup:

(I'm one of the lazy ones, so I'll have to brush up on my deflection skills. But you're doing us a favour. Last night on Server #1 I got picked off by a fast-diving 109 while I was contentedly hammering away at a Ju88 formation from behind. Served me right for getting careless!)

Doc
Apr-03-2012, 08:55
Very impressive work!! I can't wait to fly on #2.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-03-2012, 09:36
Wolf: this is great: Looks like we will have a lot to look forward to:

I for one certainly appreciate you time and knowledge spent on this. As I am retired feel free to call on me for any errands that might need to be done.

Knuckles

ATAG_Septic
Apr-03-2012, 15:46
Wolf: this is great: Looks like we will have a lot to look forward to:

I for one certainly appreciate you time and knowledge spent on this. As I am retired feel free to call on me for any errands that might need to be done.

Knuckles

What Knuckles said goes for me too.

Septic.

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 18:17
What Knuckles said goes for me too.

Septic.

Thanks everyone.

Remember this is the first release for TESTING. In the coming days I will update a couple of things. The more you play the more little additions you will notice are in there like radio chatter directed at you for things you may do.
Coming this week!
1) A Proper readme or Briefing to explain scoring and how to win.

2) Add back in some ground objectives that must be protected from bombers

3) Add in more bomber group flights at different altitudes

4) I have many other surprises.

Some may find the low level stuff to slow on their PC. So I am mixing it up. But mostly I am designing this with the pending Patch coming with its FPS improvements and post that the ability to get in flack guns.

Anyone notice there are flack guns on the trains and in the supply column? That's why.

Please feel free to send me ideas. I also need to consult with Bliss on all this.

Happy hunting!.

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-03-2012, 18:32
Its not a bug. I don't know what current settings on the server are but in the mission plane limits are set. sometimes it is set to 0 and so none available.

Can you clarify? Does the IIa run out? (10) IIa's in the air at one time is a bit much.

Dutch
Apr-03-2012, 18:38
Just had the first real session on the new mission on server 1.

Another player had taken out the first two ships flying for red, so I went along and demolished the rest.

I fully expected to then jump into a fighter and defend some objectives, but the convoys had already reached their destinations, so red won, with 705 pts to 455, or similar.

If the mission length is set to a certain length of time, it would seem reasonable to me to make sure that any convoys arrive at their destination maybe 5 or 10 mins before the end of the mission length.

It did seem a little too easy for red to win, is what I'm saying I suppose.

But that was from a fairly short 1 hour session.

Anyone flown the mission where Blue win??

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-03-2012, 19:01
This is good stuff. :thumbsup:

A thought from Wolverine over at 1C; right now it's the Red bomber boys doing the heavy lifting in terms of point-scoring for the Red Team.....and they're doing a fantastic job of it. Is there any way points can be accorded to downing enemy AI bombers?

This would give the fighters of both sides an opportunity to contribute directly to the points being earned. This would also force the fighters to higher altitudes to intercept/defend the enemy formations which better reflects the actual Battle of Britain.

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 19:27
This is good stuff. :thumbsup:

A thought from Wolverine over at 1C; right now it's the Red bomber boys doing the heavy lifting in terms of point-scoring for the Red Team.....and they're doing a fantastic job of it. Is there any way points can be accorded to downing enemy AI bombers?

This would give the fighters of both sides an opportunity to contribute directly to the points being earned. This would also force the fighters to higher altitudes to intercept/defend the enemy formations which better reflects the actual Battle of Britain.

Hi Snapper.

Wolverine may be flying the other mission not mine. Mine is designed to get people to focus on the bombers and other fighters as they attract the biggest score towards winning. but if bombers get to their targets can can inflict heavy damage on houses, train stations and airports and lift the score of their team. So stop the bombers and stop fighters.

To clarify this is the limits set.

int allowedSpitIIas = 5;
int allowed109s = 5;

That said, I think I see something in the code that was not enforcing this rule and just amde a change. I am at work so will not upload till tonight (7 long hours away).

In relation to which team wins...

If you are playing RedvBlue1.0 on server 2 (not sure if this is on server 1 also). Then the scoring is as follows and ships arriving at destination does not cause a win just an objective complete.

Scoring:

First team to score greater than 3499 points wins.

Ships:
Sink a ship = 25 pints
Sink all ships and get the objective = 25 points per ship PLUS 100 points
Ships survive and make it to destination = +100 points for objective complete AND -100 points to other team (cause supplies boost morale)

Supply:
Destroy parts of supply column = points for destroying each unit (2-3 points each)
Destroy 100% of supply column and get objective = points for units + 100 points for objective AND -100 points for other team cause you cut their supplies.
Supply column makes it to destination = +100 points for objective complete AND -100 points to other team (cause supplies boost morale)

Bombers:
Destroy a bomber in the group = 10 points
Destroy the correct % of bombers in each group to get objective complete = points per bomber + 100 points

All other fighters, heavy fighters, other planes
points range from 5-12
All other ground units (including houses, static objects)
points are awarded ranging from 1-8 depending on what I think is reasonible.

ATAG_Septic
Apr-03-2012, 19:31
"All other ground units (including houses, static objects)
points are awarded ranging from 1-8 depending on what I think is reasonable".

This doesn't mean any houses/static objects does it? I mean that would be great, we could bomb London and Calais to pieces :-)

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 19:42
"All other ground units (including houses, static objects)
points are awarded ranging from 1-8 depending on what I think is reasonable".

This doesn't mean any houses/static objects does it? I mean that would be great, we could bomb London and Calais to pieces :-)

That's whit I said. So yes,

I added the score for destroying a house. I have not tested it. So please feel free to carpet bombe and let me know.

As I said I have built in aspects to cope with the future patch. So when people can fly over london without huge FPS drops then BlitzKrieg missions will be there and scoring is in place.

Right now I have limited town leveling to Canterbury till I can test more.

But if you are in an german bomber and bomb a german town or plane etc you get no points.

***** 04.04.2012 Mission updated on server 2. Full menu system now working. Enjoy guys!!!!

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-03-2012, 19:52
"Sink a ship = 25 pints"

Ah, this explains why Dutch is scoring heavily on the shipping! :bgsmile:

Wolf, thanks for the detailed explanation. You are really opening up CoD's huge potential for all of us. :hpyclp:

Dutch
Apr-03-2012, 20:00
Ah, this explains why Dutch is scoring heavily on the shipping! :bgsmile:

Envy is one of the seven deadly sins....:Grin:

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 20:07

Aahhh but if greedy dutch focus is only on ships and does not destroy the supply columns then the 100 points he gets for ship objective will be stripped from his score if the supply reaches its destinations. and Red will get +100 or +200 if both supplies make it.

Some you win, some you lose ;)

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-03-2012, 20:09
Server 2 does not appear to be operating ???

Dutch
Apr-03-2012, 20:11
I care not for personal scores Wolfy me ole china!

Which team wins is my bag, me ole mucker!

Seriously, I've never looked at the scores thingy on the home page, seems to lock up at all times anyway!

Who wins? Not bloody Alambash, that's for sure! :bgsmile:

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 20:15
I care not for personal scores Wolfy me ole china!

Which team wins is my bag, me ole mucker!

Seriously, I've never looked at the scores thingy on the home page, seems to lock up at all times anyway!

Who wins? Not bloody Alambash, that's for sure! :bgsmile:

When I refer to scores I am talking about the scoring ingame not on the forum.

Everything I talk about is in reference to ingame of the RedvBlue_1.0 mission.

So you better care about the supplies not making it or your points for sinking ships will be stripped away ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 20:17
Server 2 does not appear to be operating ???

Sorry Knuckles I am at work and have no access to see either of the servers and if either of them are runing and what missions they are running.

If you could Drag Australia a little closer to your time zone, then maybe we could work something out ;)

You will have to try and contact Bliss or Majorborris or another Staff member with access to re-start a mission

Dutch
Apr-03-2012, 20:19
So you better care about the supplies not making it or your points for sinking ships will be stripped away ;)

I hear you mate! But so far it's pretty easy for red to win. Or was I just lucky tonight? :inq:

Edit: :bgsmile: Just followed the link! Good job I'm not Dutch then, eh?? Haha! :Grin:

Wolf
Apr-03-2012, 20:47
I hear you mate! But so far it's pretty easy for red to win. Or was I just lucky tonight? :inq:

Edit: :bgsmile: Just followed the link! Good job I'm not Dutch then, eh?? Haha! :Grin:

HEHEHE thought you may like the link. Been hanging out to send that to you for ages.

Its all testing. I am thinking about the balancing, We will know after the weekend when lots of people can jump on and fly to see how the scoring goes.

I am just working on a sub menu to list all the outstanding objectives for each team right now. Each side has 7 objectives. You may find it more even when there are a number of blue players flying. Cause if they start hitting the ships and the supplies with limited losses then Red will be in a world of hurt.

I am still yet to add in german supplies and other objectives that will bring more balance.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-03-2012, 21:13
I think we need more Spitfire IIa's! :runaway::hiding:

(Some may disagree.....:angrymob: ) :bgsmile:

Doc
Apr-03-2012, 22:13
Server wasn't on the server list. Wanted to join but it doesn't look like it is up.

Catseye
Apr-03-2012, 22:31
HEHEHE thought you may like the link. Been hanging out to send that to you for ages.

Its all testing. I am thinking about the balancing, We will know after the weekend when lots of people can jump on and fly to see how the scoring goes.

I am just working on a sub menu to list all the outstanding objectives for each team right now. Each side has 7 objectives. You may find it more even when there are a number of blue players flying. Cause if they start hitting the ships and the supplies with limited losses then Red will be in a world of hurt.

I am still yet to add in german supplies and other objectives that will bring more balance.

Adolf and Hermann standing on French point would be a nice target! :Grin:

Wolf
Apr-04-2012, 06:10
***** 04.04.2012 Mission updated on server 2. Full menu system now working. Enjoy guys!!!!

Just started on Server 2. Fixed the menu system added lots to it.

1) General Information- "Show number of players", "Total time"

2) Show Scores- "Red v Blue overall score", "Airkills & Ground kills",

3) Objectives - "Objectives Status", "Objectives Count", "Bombers Destroyed", "Ships Destroyed"

Have fun. the only one i see may not work righ ow is server time. Think i just need to tweak. But all working. Let me know if you find an issue.

Bliss - Take the server 2 mission and load onto Server 1

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-04-2012, 12:55
Carpet bombing huh? Is there a bonus for hitting Buckingham Palace? :Grin:

MajorBorris
Apr-04-2012, 17:44
So Wolf, you were able to change the in game scoring system? Brilliant:hpyclp:

Look forward to enjoying your work.

Thanks

MajorBorris

kopperdrake
Apr-05-2012, 06:12
Stonking work - the first time I saw that many bombers coming over to England gave me shudders! Nice one!

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-05-2012, 16:22
+1

Was flying with Dutch when we spotted 15+ Dorniers escorted by 3 or 4 109's high overhead approaching Dover at 13,000 feet. As Dutch said, "THIS looks like The Battle of Britain!"

We then proceeded to shoot them all down and were home in time for tea 'n crumpets...... :happy <cough, cough>

Dutch
Apr-05-2012, 16:48
We then proceeded to shoot them all down and were home in time for tea 'n crumpets...... :happy <cough, cough>

Thanks for not telling them about me colliding with the Dornier! :happy

OOPS! :blush!:

But yes, running into a relative Swarm of the Hun sent a-a peculiar rush through my innermost Britishness. Top Hole, Old Chap!!

However, it still seemed a bit too easy for red to win, even if we did have double the points blue had!

Wolf
Apr-05-2012, 18:04
Thanks for not telling them about me colliding with the Dornier! :happy

OOPS! :blush!:

But yes, running into a relative Swarm of the Hun sent a-a peculiar rush through my innermost Britishness. Top Hole, Old Chap!!

However, it still seemed a bit too easy for red to win, even if we did have double the points blue had!

OK OK !! working on the score thing ;)

Glad u like the bigger bomber groups. I will put some more in. I thought I would get backlash from people for low FPS or something. The big group is actually half the size of the intended one. Larger groups will be in when the Patch is released and FPS is not an issue then.

Just finished adding back in the static ground objectives and will upload it in time for the weekend.

Catseye
Apr-07-2012, 12:14

Guinness is the eighth! :bgsmile:

Catseye
Apr-07-2012, 12:25
S! All,
I flew on server 2 yesterday evening taking a 110 to see if I could destroy the supply trucks heading from Canterbury to Limpne. As I got to the English side of the channel I decided to drop on two ships with success - my thinking was to straffe the truck convoy.

I was very impressed with the flights high overhead and it did indeed remind me of some of the pics of bomber groups heading for England. I couldn't find the trucks but spied a lovely train just inland from Limpne. Proceeded to straffe the train, got too low and crashed into buildings destroying some train cars and me. Funny thing, I could hear the train whistle after the crash and it sounded like a North American steam engine - NOT a British train with the high whistle.

I did later on a return flight in a 109 spot the truck convoy at its destination (after seeing the banner that said it had arrived at destination). I straffed them and got a couple on fire but I do think that a bomb is the preferred method.

Just flying around and watching the overhead flights was great!

Liking what I'm seeing. :thumbsup:

Question: is there a way to display points onscreen for ground targets? I have no idea of my contribution to the Blue side on these flights.

Cheers,
Cats . . .

Wolf
Apr-07-2012, 18:48
I have updated to RedvBlue 1.1 and these are the new Objectives below
I have added 10 ground objectives to each side ranging from short to lond deep bombing runs.
I have added more bomber groups and have them target some of the objectives below.

Red v Blue 1.1
<Description>
Red or Blue must Score 3500 points to WIN!
Completed Objectives get 100 point bonus Faild Objectives -100

<b>TAB+4 to use menu</b>
1: General Info:
2: Air & Ground Scoring system
3:Total Server Time

Red or Blue must Score 3500 points to WIN!

Primary: Check Objective status InGame(Tab+4+3)
BlueObjective1 E11-H10 Destroy Supply Column Sittingbourne to Cantebury
BlueObjective2 H10-G8 Destroy Supply Column Cantebury to Lypne
BlueObjective3 Blue ships Survive
BlueObjective4 Red ships Destroyed all 7
BlueObjective5 Red ships Destroyed all 10
BlueObjective6 E10: HEAVY TANK FACTORY
BlueObjective7 G10: SUPPLY DEPO
BlueObjective8 J11: RAMSGATE RAIL FACTORIES
BlueObjective9 J12: RAMSGATE AIRFIELD
BlueObjective10 F12: SPIT FACTORY
BlueObjective11 I8: FOLKESTON PORT FUEL
BlueObjective12 G8: AMMO FACTORY
BlueObjective13 H9: HAWKINGE AIRFIELD
BlueObjective14 I9: DOVER PORT TANKS
BlueObjective15 G8: LYPNE AIRFIELD
/*-----------------------Bomber Group Objectives Blue ---------------------*/
BlueObjective16 Destroy English Bomber groups
BlueObjective17 Destroy English Bomber groups

RedObjective1 Sittingbourne Supply Column Survives
RedObjective2 Lypne Supply Column Survives
RedObjective3 Blue ships Destroyed all 5
RedObjective4 Red ships Survive
RedObjective5 Red ships Survive
RedObjective6 R4: OXYGEN FACILITY
RedObjective7 N4: RADAR FACILITY
RedObjective8 L6: SUPPLY DEPOT
RedObjective9 O4: MOTOR VEHICLE SUPPLY
RedObjective10 O5: TANK REPAIR FACTORY
RedObjective11 M5: SMALL FACTORY
RedObjective12 O2: HEAVY TANK FACTORY
RedObjective13 M2: PLANE FACTORY SEMPY
RedObjective14 P3: LIGHT TANK FACTORY
RedObjective15 P3: LIGHT TANKS
/*-----------------------Bomber Group Objectives Red ---------------------*/
RedObjective16 Destroy Bomber Blitzkrieg groups
RedObjective17 Destroy Bomber Blitzkrieg groups

*** Note! The above is uploaded to server 2. ***

Wolf
Apr-10-2012, 21:44
mISSION rEDVbLUE uPDATED TODAY 15.04.2012. Fixed objectives. and menu
All objectives have been tested and work fine. So now I will turn some off and they can be activated any time to change mission objectives.

Reading the posts and getting online to play last night I agree with some comments.

So I have scaled back the objectives.

Blue side has 2 Land, Air and Sea & Supply objectives.

Red side will have 2 Land (Heavily defended), 2 air and 1 sea objective.
It is a lot harder for Red to bring down a bomber group or bomb the objectives.

The emphasis will be back on fighter v fighter trying to protect or defend bomber groups. The land and sea objectives are there for people who like to...bomb.

Below example:

Supply BlueObjective1 E11-H10 Destroy Supply Column Sittingbourne to Cantebury
Supply BlueObjective2 H10-G8 Destroy Supply Column Cantebury to Lypne

Sea BlueObjective3 Blue ships Survive
Sea BlueObjective4 Red ships Destroyed all 7

Land BlueObjective8 J11: RAMSGATE RAIL FACTORIES (heavy defence)
Land BlueObjective12 G8: AMMO FACTORY (Heavy Defence)

Air BlueObjective16 Destroy English Bomber groups
Air BlueObjective17 Destroy English Bomber groups

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-10-2012, 22:11
:hpyclp: Thanks for all the work Wolf, love your mission! :thumbsup:

Wolf
Apr-14-2012, 23:43
Mission RedvBlue1.4 Updated TODAY 23.04.2012.

-allowed spits and 109's are dynamic. Crash etc and the allowed spits will drop.
- land safe and spit2 allowable go up. etc same with 109 4 e's

-Reduced Static Land objectives.
-Objectives menu now lists completed objectives
- Points are added killing enemy Land or air units. Points deducted for losing objectives.
-Added more Objectives to coding, So we can turn some off and they can be activated any time to change mission objectives and style of game.

- Added bigger bomber groups.( Ready for patch). Groups of up to 20 Bombers.
- Added Recon sea planes.
- added random small bombers
-So I have scaled back the objectives see below. There are 18 objectives coded but only 6-8 active on each side
- Red or Blue must get to 2000 points to win.

Blue side has 2 Land, Air and Sea & destroySupply objectives.

Red side will have 2 Land (Heavy German defence), 2 air and 1 sea objective.

The emphasis will be back on fighter v fighter trying to protect or defend bomber groups. The land and sea objectives are there for people who like to...bomb.

Below example:

Land RedObjective9 P3: German FACTORIES (heavy defence)
Land RedObjective10 P3: Light Tank Factory (heavy defence)

This version is on server 2 and rotated with another mission so check breifing to see RedvBlue 1.3 or above.

Regards,

HC_Wolf

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 08:17
Mission RedvBlue1.4 Updated TODAY 23.04.2012.

-allowed spits and 109's are dynamic. Crash etc and the allowed spits will drop.
- land safe and spit2 allowable go up. etc same with 109 4 e's

-Reduced Static Land objectives.
-Objectives menu now lists completed objectives
- Points are added killing enemy Land or air units. Points deducted for losing objectives.
-Added more Objectives to coding, So we can turn some off and they can be activated any time to change mission objectives and style of game.

- Added bigger bomber groups.( Ready for patch). Groups of up to 20 Bombers.
- Added Recon sea planes.
- added random small bombers
-So I have scaled back the objectives see below. There are 18 objectives coded but only 6-8 active on each side
- Red or Blue must get to 2000 points to win.

Blue side has 2 Land, Air and Sea & destroySupply objectives.

Red side will have 2 Land (Heavy German defence), 2 air and 1 sea objective.

Below example:

Land RedObjective9 P3: German FACTORIES (heavy defence)
Land RedObjective10 P3: Light Tank Factory (heavy defence)

This version is on server 2 and rotated with another mission so check breifing to see RedvBlue 1.3 or above.

Regards,

HC_Wolf

bump!

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 08:26
Sounds brilliant Wolf.

It'd be great if all ATAG members could meet up at a set time and day for a testing session. Whenever I go on server 2, there's only me there! And sometimes a couple of others.

So how about it chaps? When, when and when? I'm available pretty much anytime.

Doc
Apr-23-2012, 09:46
I will be there today and test. Hope to see other members there.

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 09:55
On server 2 now. Lots of action from enemy AI! Very nice!

Couple of observations;

1) The AI bombers sometimes have Su26 aerobatic capability. :Grin:

2) I got a message saying I'd crashed in K6 and would pay for it. Thing is, I didn't crash, I inverted and dived towards the sea after a report of enemy a/c at cherubs 6. I levelled off perfectly safely and returned to base. Because of the crash message, Spit IIs had been reduced to 5, but when I landed it went back up to 6. :grr:

P.S. This might be my end, but it took an extraordinary amount of time to get into the server after clicking 'join server', also a long time to get out again after pressing 'exit'.

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 13:50
On server 2 now. Lots of action from enemy AI! Very nice!

Couple of observations;

1) The AI bombers sometimes have Su26 aerobatic capability. :Grin:

2) I got a message saying I'd crashed in K6 and would pay for it. Thing is, I didn't crash, I inverted and dived towards the sea after a report of enemy a/c at cherubs 6. I levelled off perfectly safely and returned to base. Because of the crash message, Spit IIs had been reduced to 5, but when I landed it went back up to 6. :grr:

P.S. This might be my end, but it took an extraordinary amount of time to get into the server after clicking 'join server', also a long time to get out again after pressing 'exit'.

1) Bombers AI settings are higher then flying stupid and straight. I may tone it down as I know what you mean. But it works in other ways. I jumped 3 110's and they dumped their bombs and split off in 3 directions. I downed one and went searching for another. I found later the other two had rejoined and continued to tarket to straife. I shot one and it started leaking fuel and turned for home. the 3rd got on my tail (not for long). Lets hope AI are improved with coming patch.

2) Just finished re-working messages and scripts (sounds like you damaged your plane and it gave you the message. Damaging or losing a plane will cause you to lose allowed spitIIa's or 109-E-4's, so don't lose them. If you return to base your side gets rewarded with a repaird plane. If you win objectives you may get bonus planes. etc.

3) loading times. it is the server 2 at the moment. not the mission. The mission is 43k. I notice at this time of night the server is doing some data calcs and cpu runs at 100%. Patch should fix cpu loading as they have said also.

PS its 3.50am here in Melbourne. Just uploading all the fixes ou mentioned above and more. Hope it works :)

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-23-2012, 13:56
I'm not quite sure the points system is working as intended. Last night I took a He-111 over to bomb the Depot in G7, destroyed several hangars and vehicles, returned to base and received no points for the entire mission.

Red was able to win the mission about an hour after it started mainly by shooting down bombers, seems like the points needed to win could be increased a bit.

As for the convoys they are tricky buggers, not only are they very difficult to locate even with the server messages, you must be below 1000m to see them. This takes the Stuka out of the equation as 1000m is too low to dive bomb, and circling overhead is a sure fire way to get shot to bits by their flak defence.

During my flight I also received about a dozen messages saying "ATAG_Keller Welcome to server" as well as "Scramble" "Hurry up and move those chocks" etc.

This is the server #1 version of this mission.

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 15:09
I'm not quite sure the points system is working as intended. Last night I took a He-111 over to bomb the Depot in G7, destroyed several hangars and vehicles, returned to base and received no points for the entire mission.

Red was able to win the mission about an hour after it started mainly by shooting down bombers, seems like the points needed to win could be increased a bit.

As for the convoys they are tricky buggers, not only are they very difficult to locate even with the server messages, you must be below 1000m to see them. This takes the Stuka out of the equation as 1000m is too low to dive bomb, and circling overhead is a sure fire way to get shot to bits by their flak defence.

During my flight I also received about a dozen messages saying "ATAG_Keller Welcome to server" as well as "Scramble" "Hurry up and move those chocks" etc.

This is the server #1 version of this mission.

Hi Keller, You raise some good points. I am happy to say thanks to some help from Torian, Spinfx, Salmo and a couple of others, they joined me to test mission tonight and were able to identify the issues you stated above.

All the scoring and messages have been overhauled and some new features added.

I am trying to connect to the atag server 2 now to upload the final changes. but as i said all scoring, messages and menu have been fixed.

as for bomber scores. destroying individual bombers you get points. destroy a bomber group objective and you get a couple of hundred points. Also you unlock more 109's or spit 2 as to fly

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 15:13
1)2) sounds like you damaged your plane and it gave you the message.

That's just my point Wolfy mate. All I did was dive to a lower altitude. No damage from any previous encounter, no damage from the dive (I'm very careful not to overspeed these days!). The message came up simply because I dived. Odd.

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 15:21
That's just my point Wolfy mate. All I did was dive to a lower altitude. No damage from any previous encounter, no damage from the dive (I'm very careful not to overspeed these days!). The message came up simply because I dived. Odd.

ok well i will try and relicate. The new mission with new everything has just gone live right this second. I will jump in and have a look.

Bloody D**& people.... :hiding:

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 18:49
Here's a little vid clip from today's testing of the mission. :Grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N96cd4UdBzU

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 18:58
Here's a little vid clip from today's testing of the mission. :Grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N96cd4UdBzU

So I think that is a Damn excellent vid Dutch. Even if you are not Dutch it is still a good vid. You should post it on 1c and everywhere else in the world.

So you like all the little things I added? You are just scratching the surface. Try and land near an enemy base lol Wave good bye to your spits.

I only spent 7 hours last night programming :D

So yes you hit your bombers and got some delayed "Good hit's" over the radio. I can speed that up. But all in all it looks like everything that was coded worked fine.

When you take off, your allowed spits drops by 1. When you return with the spit it goes back up. You don't make it back, your side is going to lose spitII usable planes.

Great Vid! :D Thanks

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 19:02
Don't get me wrong Wolf, the new mission is superb! Even though I was alone on the server, there was still plenty of action every time I spawned. Excellent job. Now please get some bloody sleep! :bgsmile:

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 19:09
Don't get me wrong Wolf, the new mission is superb! Even though I was alone on the server, there was still plenty of action every time I spawned. Excellent job. Now please get some bloody sleep! :bgsmile:

Not getting you wrong. I love your humour, You have me in stitches most of the time :)

Now I have finished my coding I will work on the bomber flights, positions, heights targets etc. Really mix it up for players and teams. I am also going to put some more life around the airfields and change the flack.

Can't sleep had to o to work ... poo! I wonder if i can sleep here :hiding:

Doc
Apr-23-2012, 19:13
So that's what it is eh? A programmed message. Dang it. I thought I did something unique lol. I shot a spitty with 20mm from about max range - long way off, big deflection, long distance - total luck. And it connected! The guy on the radio says BULLSEYE!! hehe I thought it was me!

:hpyclp:

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 19:31
So that's what it is eh? A programmed message. Dang it. I thought I did something unique lol. I shot a spitty with 20mm from about max range - long way off, big deflection, long distance - total luck. And it connected! The guy on the radio says BULLSEYE!! hehe I thought it was me!

There is a bunch of radio chatter I have included.

I was impressed with your shooting. :thumbsup:

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-23-2012, 19:33
Not able to log into server 2. I think Dutch mentioned a very long wait to get in

I've been sitting here watching the log on screen for about 8 minutes now, I have the download numbers with the grey scrolling, 10 minutes now

not working for some reason ????

Dutch
Apr-23-2012, 19:49
Knucks,

I clicked 'join server', went away and made a cup of tea, went for a pee, came back to the desk and it was still loading. Got there eventually though, and well worth the wait! :Grin:

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 19:58
Knucks,

I clicked 'join server', went away and made a cup of tea, went for a pee, came back to the desk and it was still loading. Got there eventually though, and well worth the wait! :Grin:

Yeah It is hard to connect when Colondar has some program doing all the Stas going. It maxes out the CPU along with the Server mission Watchdog.

It is not the mission that is long to download as it is 45kb. It is the server maxed at 100% not giving time to people joining. The CPU on the server is only 3 cores.

I was running the mission on my PC using it as a dedicated server and connecting and playing and no stutters and many others joined also.
I have a 2600k with 4 cores and 8 threads on the CPU. The dedi server splits across 4 threads and my game when i log onto the server I am running uses the other 4 threads.

I think server 2 is underpowered for Colandar's database updating and running CLOD missions at the moment.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-23-2012, 20:03
Alright then going for tea and a pee :thumbsup:

O.K. then that worked

III./ZG76_Keller
Apr-23-2012, 23:19
Doc and I were the only ones in the sever tonight for about an hour and a half. At the very start we got a message to meet low level 110s at Coulogne in ten minutes so we formed up and waited, and waited, and waited.

Wave after wave of JU-88s came in to land at Oye-Plage (30-40 aircraft) but the 110s never showed up; the message kept popping up to meet them in 10 minutes but I ran out of gas waiting for them.

Doc
Apr-23-2012, 23:26
To expand on that note I believe that the 88's are not able to get down quick enough.

Not sure if the 110's are waiting for a number of them to clear the area but there was a lot of 88's in the circuit around Oye-Plage.

I think we saw the meet 110 message 3 times.

Also took a long time to connect.

The mission is packed with goodies for sure. It will have lots of things to do once all done.

Doc

Wolf
Apr-23-2012, 23:48
To expand on that note I believe that the 88's are not able to get down quick enough.

Not sure if the 110's are waiting for a number of them to clear the area but there was a lot of 88's in the circuit around Oye-Plage.

I think we saw the meet 110 message 3 times.

Also took a long time to connect.

The mission is packed with goodies for sure. It will have lots of things to do once all done.

Doc

yeah I am sure there are some quirks with the planes right now in formations and how many. I have not focused any time on them. I wanted to finish all the goddies first. I have done that. So I will be focusingon the actual flights over the coming two days so it is tested and true BEFORE FRIDAY!!! :D

Doc
Apr-24-2012, 00:16
Loved the railyard at Ramsgate. The trains look and sound (yes I said sound) good when you set them off.

ATAG_Knuckles
Apr-24-2012, 09:07
Doc and I were the only ones in the sever tonight for about an hour and a half. At the very start we got a message to meet low level 110s at Coulogne in ten minutes so we formed up and waited, and waited, and waited.

Wave after wave of JU-88s came in to land at Oye-Plage (30-40 aircraft) but the 110s never showed up; the message kept popping up to meet them in 10 minutes but I ran out of gas waiting for them.

I was on with you guys, but I was in and out a bunch. In Arizona, when its gets hot,(it was over 100 yesterday) its get dry, and there is always a bunch of static electricity, so every few minutes my rudde rpedals would drop off from that static.

Anyway what i was gonna say is I looked for those 110 for quite awhile as well, got the call "low level aircraft over Cologne heading west.

Doc
Apr-24-2012, 14:33
Heh I seen a lot of messages of 88's falling victim to a Spit Ia.

Wolf appreciate all your efforts man. Looking good :thumbsup:

ATAG_Deacon
Apr-24-2012, 22:33
Heh I seen a lot of messages of 88's falling victim to a Spit Ia.

Wolf appreciate all your efforts man. Looking good :thumbsup:

One point re: 88's/HE-111's/Do-17's...all you can do in the Spit 1a is get high and go for the bombers. You have no speed down low and are outclassed in every respect. And it's going to get worse!

Wolf
Apr-25-2012, 04:28
One point re: 88's/HE-111's/Do-17's...all you can do in the Spit 1a is get high and go for the bombers. You have no speed down low and are outclassed in every respect. And it's going to get worse!

Thanks Deacon, taking note, I do have some low bomber missions of 110's and do17's I am about to add something special and working on the bomber groups, flight paths etc over the next two days. Last few days has been all about getting the coding correct.

Will see what I can do about low bomber groups and ensure there is always something for everyone but without clogging the server with AI. It is good for players to go head to head in fighters.

Wolf
Apr-25-2012, 15:33
Thanks Deacon, taking note, I do have some low bomber missions of 110's and do17's I am about to add something special and working on the bomber groups, flight paths etc over the next two days. Last few days has been all about getting the coding correct.

Will see what I can do about low bomber groups and ensure there is always something for everyone but without clogging the server with AI. It is good for players to go head to head in fighters.

The reason there were so many available spits and 109's and lots of 110's and 88's circling was because I left a timing trigger to go off every minute (for testing) rather than every 20-30 mins.

Doc
Apr-25-2012, 16:45
Well there sure was a lot of 88's in there that night. It was an all you can eat buffet of 88's.

Doc
Apr-25-2012, 16:48
Wolf confirm that you can also reduce the available types of a/c for accomplishing objective? Or is it just the opposite?

Wolf
Apr-25-2012, 18:37
Wolf confirm that you can also reduce the available types of a/c for accomplishing objective? Or is it just the opposite?

Not sure what you mean by a/c (aircraft?)

Anyway, there is multiple scoring going on behind the scenes with Objectives.

1) Depends on the type of objective, difficulty, outcome if objective not completed.

So in short, lets say you have an objective to bomb a small group of ships leaving London area (Yes there are some up there behind Manstone)

Example of scoring.

If you sink a ship = 25 pints to the team Blue score
If you sink the group = 200 points Blue + -200 or 100 points for team red (supplies not delivered) + -2 SpitIIa's (cause supplies not delivered) + 1 109-4-e Bonus for destroying grouped objective

I have made multiple levels of scoring so it encourages both sides to protect and/or attack objectives. Successfully completing objectives while defending your own will give your team an airial advantage.

More scoring example:
You take off in a 109-4 or spitIIa Your available spits will reduce on take off. -1 SpitIIa
You land back on english soil safely your spit is added back to available spitIIa's. +1 SpitIIa
You crash land on english soil you may not get it back. -1 spitIIa
You land or crash on French soil your spit is not recoverable and SPitIIa allowable planes is reduced -1
You leave your SpitIIa in flight. -1 SpitIIa
and a few others..

Doc. I fixed the online ingame menu today. If you want to try it out on ATAG 2 let me know. Should work on red team now also.

Menu to check available planes..
Tab-4-1-2

Wolf
Apr-26-2012, 00:43
bump

Wolf
Apr-26-2012, 00:45
Hi all,
I have been busy working on the mission and it's lookig good.
Channel War 1.4 will replace RedvBlue1.x

Here is a sneak peak at the Breifing of Channel War 1.4. It gives you an ieda of what I will be releasing this weekend for playing on ATAG server 1 in rotation with the other mission.

Special thanks to Bliss for allowing me access to ATAG community.
Snafu, Kodiak, Salmo and everyone who gives feedback.....Even the dutch!

***I have re-worked airfields*** Historical & more targets for prestige points.
I believe I have overcome the online mission menu problem with Red team, so jump on Atag 2 if you can at the moment and check out a slightly older build with working menu but not all the new stuff ;)

Website & Forum
www.TheAirTacticalAssaultGroup.com/forum

[Mission]
<Name>
Channel_War_1.4 by HC_Wolf
<Description>
Red or Blue must Score 1800 prestige points to WIN!
Completed Objectives get 100+ point bonus + Bonus planes

****** TAB+4 to use menu ******
1: General Info: Player Balance, Available Airplanes, Server Running Time
2: Prestige Scores: Show Scores, Show Air/Ground Kills
3: Objectives : Red Objectives Status, Blue Objectives Status, Objectives Count, Bombers Destroyed, Ships Destroyed

******* Scoring System*******

Destroy any enemy units (Flak, buildings, vehicles, ships, planes) to ern Prestige points
Fighters and Bombers earn 10-15+ prestige
Ships earn 25+ prestige
Objectives earn 100-200 Prestige + unlock planes
If supplies survive, + Prestige points + unlock Planes

You return your 109-4-E or SpitIIa You maintain your fliable amount of 109-4-E & SpitIIa
You crash a 109-4-E or a SpitIIa you reduce the allowable amount to fly
You land in enemy territory, you lose allowable 109-4-E or SpitIIa amount to fly

Shoot friendlies = Lose Prestige

[Army Red]
<Name>
Allied Forces (Red)
<Description>

Complete all Objectives or Score 1800 Prestige points to WIN!

Completed Objectives get 100-200 point bonus + Bonus planes

Red Objectives:

Supply RedObjective1 Sittingbourne Supply Column Survives
Supply RedObjective2 Lypne Supply Column Survives

Sea RedObjective3 Blue ships Destroyed all 5
Sea RedObjective5 Red ships Survive

Land RedObjective14 P3: LIGHT TANK FACTORY
Land RedObjective15 P3: LIGHT TANKS
/*-----------------------Bomber Group Objectives Red ---------------------*/
Air RedObjective16 Destroy Bomber Blitzkrieg groups
Air RedObjective17 Destroy Bomber Blitzkrieg groups

<b>Secondary</b>
Inflict Heavy damage to all German ground units

Protect your ships and factories in P3

[Army Blue]
<Name>
Axis Forces (Blue)
<Description>

Complete all Objectives or Score 1800 Prestige points to WIN!

Completed Objectives get 100-200 point bonus + Bonus planes

Blue Objectives:

Blue team must score 1800 points or complete all objectives.

Land BlueObjective8 J11: RAMSGATE RAIL FACTORIES
Land BlueObjective12 G8: AMMO FACTORY

Doc
Apr-26-2012, 01:39
I love the fact you can be flying around and look around and see targets all over the place. Love it!

ATAG_NakedSquirrel
Apr-26-2012, 18:34
Brilliant mission. This thing is a blast nice work!

9./JG52 Hans Gruber
Apr-26-2012, 19:37
Is this on server 1 yet?

Wolf
Apr-26-2012, 20:36
Is this on server 1 yet?

No it is not on Server 1 yet.

I would recommend it stay on Server 2 until we get the patch. There may be elements (like the 28 strong Wellington bomber groups) & (24+ Do17's and FW200's ) that may cause peoples PC's to run to slow.

The patch with its graphics fps improvements for low and mid nd PC's should open this game right up.

I have bomber groups I will be adding that will test the new spit1a performance above 20,000 feet.

Who wants to attack bomber groups with Contrails??? :hiding:

ATAG_Colander
Apr-26-2012, 20:38
:( I was about to ask if we could move it to svr 1

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-26-2012, 20:47
I have bomber groups I will be adding that will test the new spit1a performance above 20,000 feet.

Who wants to attack bomber groups with Contrails??? :hiding:

Very cool! If the mission runs 6 hours that should give our nerfed Ia's just enough time to climb up there! :bgsmile:

Wolf
Apr-26-2012, 21:02
:( I was about to ask if we could move it to svr 1

AAAhhhh go ahead and move it to server one if you like. I have not put the extra big missions in. So should be fine.

Wolf
Apr-29-2012, 07:25
Updated today: Mission back on ATAG server 2 - Channel War 1.4

Hi, I read of issues with lots of people joining the server in one session would lead to ghosts, slow joining or ending score was reached to quick. There was a crap load going on and the mission was anticipating the new Patch to be out. Anyway...

Updated today: Mission back on ATAG server 2 - Channel War 1.4

- Increased Win score to 2000

- Fixed allowable plane counts. The error was that each side had no max or min allowable. Also there was double remove of allowable planes on leaving place in plane and when plane destroyed. Now: Each side start with 10. On take off the allowable is dropped by 1. If your return safely your allowable is added back. Complete objectives and bonus + 1-5 planes. Supplies boost eah side every half hour IF the allowable is less than 2.

- Today I spaced out the flights to reduce the volume of AI in sky at once. Fixed some radio calls.

- tidied up some code (more to do to reduce notes over the net).

- Thinned out some of the AI flights that do launch from both sides before the first flight has "despawned".

- Added Biggin Hill - Blenheims sqn 601 and spitII squad 79.

- Added some Trench and Flack to Hawkinge (Hope not to much fps. I had no hit)

-Thinned out objects and flack in some other areas. (while we wait for patch)

- fixed code where If ther is one player on the map a random flight will be spawned for them every 15 mins so you got something to shoot.

Taking off and landing at hawkinge is a real joy for me now. Trenches and extra buildins add a lot. Please let me know if the FPS is to low for you? I have highend PC so no issue for me. But while patch not out people could have PFS drop.

Feedback please!! Need people on the server so we can spot the bugs.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-29-2012, 08:31
Feedback from Mastiff over st 1C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF_Mastiff
I'm having an issue were I get in spool up and then abracadabra, I'm looking at green grass and my plane has

Snapper replied:

Thanks for the input, Mastiff. Any particular airfield or was it several? I'll post this over at the ATAG Forum as well in case hc_wolf checks there first.

[FFCW]Urizen
Apr-29-2012, 08:35
Just had a quick spin on it. First sortie downed a group of 3 110, which made it a bit too easy. Maybe at least one of those gunners should be on vet-level, to make it way harder for just one guy. Being able to line up a perfect shot for several seconds should be a deathwish :Grin: .

Got killed whilst going for the second group of 3 110s, because one 110 was dragging me and i fell for it :blush!: .

tried to take a spit2a out of hawkinge, the additional stuff you put in, which btw had no measurable impact on performance on my rig, had me quite a lot confused where the runway is.

what you should look at are those confirmed hits like "Good Shot!","Bullseye" and the like, as you get spammed quickly with those messages, even if just using a quick 1s burst. instead getting those messages for a confirmed hit, it would be better if they just popped up for a confirmed kill.

what i really do like, is that you are getting adressed by your F/L (i guess) tellling you to look at the mission menu (if it works, that is) and if you take a spit2a, you get warned not to put a scratch on it, which btw i did :bgsmile: .

so far this mission is to my liking, kudos to that :hpyclp: . hope i find more time later to test way more of the stuff.

edit: just attached screenie of hawkinge

Dutch
Apr-29-2012, 12:41
Just spent a bit of time on server 2.

The Spit II availability issue seems resolved.

I was tootling around above the English coast and encountered the same ghost formation of bombers about 6 times in succession, at about 13,000ft IIRC. Each time the ghost formation disappeared, server messages came up about damage to Wellingtons, which seemed to be affecting the scores, then another ghost formation would appear behind me. Rinse and repeat etc.

I was so busy studying this peculiar phenomenon that AKA_MattE came along in a 109 and blew huge holes in my wing. The Cad! The Bounder!! :Grin:

Wolf
Apr-29-2012, 19:13
Just spent a bit of time on server 2.

The Spit II availability issue seems resolved.

I was tootling around above the English coast and encountered the same ghost formation of bombers about 6 times in succession, at about 13,000ft IIRC. Each time the ghost formation disappeared, server messages came up about damage to Wellingtons, which seemed to be affecting the scores, then another ghost formation would appear behind me. Rinse and repeat etc.

I was so busy studying this peculiar phenomenon that AKA_MattE came along in a 109 and blew huge holes in my wing. The Cad! The Bounder!! :Grin:

Thanks Dutch. I did hold off reducing the volume of bombers cause I thought the patch may come out and resolve the issue. Not to be. I will reduce the plane size today and upload again at 7pm Melb time. That should reduce or remve the Ghosts.
Either the server or game coding (lack of patch) is causing ghosts when there are large bomber formations.

Good to hear no FPS drop over hawkinge. I will add a Runway flag so people know the start and finish of runways.

Oh and I did notice the spaming on the "Good Shot" etc. The delay of milliseconds is not in the correct coded place causing constant messages for every hit rather than collective hits. I will adjust.

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-29-2012, 23:44
Just flew about 1.5 hours on Server 2, Spit IIa's out of Hawkinge. It was excellent in terms of performance and gameplay (AI bombers only, no human Blue pilots). Frame rates remained high and smooth, even during a takeoff run while Hawkinge was being attacked by low level 110's with flak everywhere.

I was up with Catseye and Workky, plus Dutch (off comms tonight) was flying about and shooting stuff as well.

My kills tonight totalled about 10 (:shocked:); a fair bit higher than what I normally could hope for on Server 1. :bgsmile:

It was good fun; loved the personal messages that would pop up on screen. The TAB - 4 didn't work (as we know for Reds), but the ongoing score totals for both sides seemed to be announced quite frequently anyway. Also got an immediate message upon each successful landing that the number of Spitfire IIa's coming available had increased by 1, with a total number available also shown.

Good show, Wolf!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wolf
Apr-30-2012, 08:52
Just flew about 1.5 hours on Server 2, Spit IIa's out of Hawkinge. It was excellent in terms of performance and gameplay (AI bombers only, no human Blue pilots). Frame rates remained high and smooth, even during a takeoff run while Hawkinge was being attacked by low level 110's with flak everywhere.

I was up with Catseye and Workky, plus Dutch (off comms tonight) was flying about and shooting stuff as well.

My kills tonight totalled about 10 (:shocked:); a fair bit higher than what I normally could hope for on Server 1. :bgsmile:

It was good fun; loved the personal messages that would pop up on screen. The TAB - 4 didn't work (as we know for Reds), but the ongoing score totals for both sides seemed to be announced quite frequently anyway. Also got an immediate message upon each successful landing that the number of Spitfire IIa's coming available had increased by 1, with a total number available also shown.

Good show, Wolf!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK just upped most of the bomber groups to 16-18,000 feet. Lets see the spit's in their element.

I have not adjusted all the screen messages about height yet. Will do that tomorrow.

Oh and cause Snapper found the 110's easy I upped their gunner skills. There was one flight that was low. Must have been the one he found...

ATAG_Snapper
Apr-30-2012, 08:58
Me and my big mouth! :bgsmile:

Yeah, we were like kids in a candy store -- we had a blast, actually. Sounds like we'll have to practise our slashing high-deflection passes to hopefully avoid the Golden BB shot! No more sitting on their 6 o'clocks and pegging away......:pouting:

Dutch
Apr-30-2012, 10:37
I found those 110s to be really tricky. As I shot one of them , the formation of three split in three directions, as you'd expect IRL, I latched onto the centre one of the three, but then the one who'd broke right as I shot him, came left again where I couldn't see him and collided with me.

Very, very realistic maneouvring on the part of the AI 110s. Excellent stuff.

Also the formation of Condors at low level coming in over the ships was exhilirating to see and to attack (albeit out of historical context, but no matter). I also intercepted a formation of roughly 10x88s at about 10,000ft, but I was in a Spit II at 14,000, throttled back and dived on them, only to find that the II was overhauling them like they were standing still, and yep I collided, AGAIN!!

The mission really is excellent. I saw no ghost formations this time.

However, two observations for consideration;

1) The 'Good Shot Sir' stuff seems to be coming with every bullet now! :Grin:

2) Two Red objectives were achieved within an hour and a half of mission start (two vehicle convoys reached destination). This doesn't give Blue much time to attempt to stop them. No Blue objectives had been achieved by this time, which seems a little unfair, in spite of there being no Blue players when we were testing. I do think these convoys should have a longer route to follow so that their journey is much longer, giving Blue more of a chance to stop them.

@Snapper - I updated TS to the new version and couldn't get the game to start with it running. Found out afterwards it was the TS overlay stopping things. I need to check if Jimbop's alteration of the .ini file works with new version. :thumbsup:

Tonka
May-01-2012, 18:04
Just a quick post; I just got Vulched by an AI 110 when i was warming up in a hangar at Hawkinge! Couldn't believe it when i saw him turn in!

Got airborne at the second attempt, and found myself outnumbered by 2 or 3 flights of 110's who all ganged up on me before continuing on their journey. All this happened within 15 seconds of getting in the air, fantastic fun!

Edit: Moved post per request! (Bliss)

Wolf
May-05-2012, 19:44
mission updated now on server 2.

Higher bombing missions
spaced out missions
Removed some objects,trains for faster load
Updated screen displays to match bomber height and locations

Dutch
May-05-2012, 19:50
Wolf, is server 2 updated to the new patch?

Wolf
May-06-2012, 17:52
Wolf, is server 2 updated to the new patch?

Hi Duch,

No the patch will not go on server 2 untill official patch comes out. I don't think there is a great improvement in online servers for now to cope with big missions. I think it's best to wait till Official patch is released.

The good news is that the mission menu in game seems to be fixed for red team :) :hpyclp: